Harry Potter/LOTR/and Pirates all had more then a trilogy. Why can't transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPancake, Oct 8, 2011.

1. OptimusPancake

OptimusPancake Prime's Breakfest Chef

I know Harry Potter had the books to pull from but look at the lore Transformers has to pull from.

Pirates of the Carribean barely has nothing to pull from and that turned out good

Transformers 4 should definately happen

2. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    A fourth movie WILL happen, it's not a matter of 'if' but a matter of 'when'.

Give it time.

3. megatron66

megatron66 OD'd on candy

Ummm... LOTR was ONLY a triology.

4. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Well there's Hobbit coming out next year

5. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Thats a we-need-to-exploit-it-ology.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Harry Potter was made on a series of books so as long as J. K. Rowling could crank out more books that her fans loved then the movie business had something to base the next Harry Potter movie on. Once the book series ended at good ending point the movies ended as well.

Pirates has the advantage of there are so many pirates that Captain Jack hasn't had to fight yet.

James Bond pulled off a series of films by being able to change to fit the times. When the world and the taste of film audiences changed then Bond could change actors, themes, and tone to fit those tastes.

But popular and making money doesn't mean films will just keep getting cranked out one after the other until they run it into the ground like the Star Trek films did. Look at how long it was between the first three Star Wars films and George Lucas hates us enough to give us Jar Jar. Or Lord of the Rings sold a load of movie tickets but look at how long it took to get the Hobbit.

I think Transformers needs some time to figure out which way they want to go instead of lets run it into the ground to kill the goose that gave us the golden eggs.

7. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I h8 Harry Potter.

8. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

I hope you are joking, if not, you know nothing about the LOTR and the Tolkien world.

9. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    OH FUCK NOT THIS AGAIN?!

Please god not another one!

10. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Said franchises don't re-invent themselves every couple of years.

Unless you don't want Ron Weasly to have a mouth and can't talk in the re-boot of 2014.

11. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz I LIVE

News Credits:
    well who would they fight? galvatron? umm no unicron? if the critics hated the series they would mock forever the day a planet sized transformer showed up in a michal bay film. so what would they do? stand around and stop fires and crime? i would like a reboot im not saying i hate the bayformers chareters but i dont like the plots i dont like the stupidity in these movies i think that transformers could be great on the big screen jus not with another michal bay

12. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    That might be an improvement!

13. OrionsBelt

No, but Hermione was supposed to be not very pretty, and with buck teeth, but they had to kind of reinvent that, huh?

14. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Like what happened to G. I. Joe. Rise of Cobra is a perfect example of rushing into doing things that should have taken time to be done.

At least I'm glad the second movie is doing great at the moment.

Don't worry, Transformers Movie Franchise will continue. Michael Bay Series did a fantastic job to the franchise. Sadly it's time to say goodbye. As much as I love the series, I want to see it over, because continuing would ruin it. Making five, six or more only works with video games (unless you are Godzilla and Harry Potter :D ).

Anyway, there will be another movie... but it may not be a 4th. ;) 

15. OrionsBelt

Critics are dumb, and if they mock the Michael Bay movie for putting in a planet sized Transformer, then they are mocking your franchise as a whole, because Unicron has been part of the Transformers probably before Michael Bay directed his first music video.

I'll say this, if they were to make a Transformer movie that the critics of today would like, that movie would be totally unwatchable.

16. megatron66

megatron66 OD'd on candy

Nah. Hermoine shouldn't have a mouth. Ron's fine having a mouth.

17. mogel94

mogel94 Well-Known Member

So if a Transformers film had a well thought out coherent plot, fleshed out likable characters along with the flashy action scenes then it would be totally unwatchable :rolleyes: 

Anyway, of course there will be another film seeing that the series is one of the highest grossing of all time at the moment. I'm personally hoping for mo- cap Transformers, Neil Blomkamp directing and maybe someone/anyone who isn't Shia Labeouf to be the lead. But then critics would like it and it would be horrible!!!!

18. OrionsBelt

First, this is why I said the critics of lately, second of all, many of the movies they praise today do not have what you claim. Sometimes, they are right. Rise of the Planet of the Apes is the best movie of the year, in terms of great characters and plots. But then, you have Drive, which has terrible characters that are not drawn out, at all, a terrible plot and pacing.

If a Transformers movie is more like Apes, then yeah, bring it on, but if it's like Drive, fuck it, critics can take the movie and shove it up their ass.

19. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    POTC should have stopped at 1.

20. dino52

dino52 Well-Known Member

so do i just don't get why people like them