Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drippy, Jan 24, 2007.

1. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I've known about this for a while now. I admit it, I'm an HP fan, and I'm actually more of a fan of HP that TF's, lol. I'm hoping that I'm not the only one here that is, but oh well. Peace out.

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh, it all went downhill after book 4.

4. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im guessing that the title has something to do with Godric Hallow, where Harrys parents lived originally/were murdered. But I cant wait for this final book. I liked these last 2 books more that the first 4, more of a dark atmosphere compared to the happy cheery atmosphere.

5. Lord Madhammer

Lord Madhammer Just a simple man

News Credits:
    That's spelled "Godric's Hollow" actually, "hallows" means "saints" or "holy d00ds".

I'm a mega-huge HP fanboy but I have to admit the title of book 7 strikes me as a bit of an awkward phrase. "Deathly Hallows"..... okay?

Though I'm sure it'll eventually make sense. I have faith in J.K.

6. TestDrive

TestDrive razzle dazzle

is excited

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'm looking forward to this book a LOT. It can't come out soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

8. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I must admit that I'm much more of a Harry Potter fan than I thought I'd be when it first started coming out. Looking forward to this one too.

9. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

You're definitely in the minority. As for myself, I'm stoked.

10. honestgabe

honestgabe I

Forget Harry Potter, I'm still waiting for more installments of "Wizard People, Dear Readers"...

11. Lord Madhammer

Lord Madhammer Just a simple man

News Credits:
    I have to admit, my first reading of OotP didn't go so well... I think in part because so much of the book was just.... moody. So much time was spent at Grimmauld Place that I think I began to hate it as much as Sirius did.

I got over that though... and I think book 6 is possibly my favorite so far.

12. TestDrive

TestDrive razzle dazzle

the last book made me want revenge and i hope i get it

13. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Weird title for a book i'm sure will kick ass

14. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

well the title has a few meanings its is fitting-I think the are more than two interpretations that make sense but cant say them out of the top of my head.

Im interested, I know I hated book 5- its just,I want a supah hero potter, not moody emo kid potter.- and i to this day deem many moments very very anticlimatic. though I admit that arround that time after some animes, my perspective in magic changed drastically-okay after bleach and naruto -and thought about , magic gives endless possibilities based on the users magic level so in theory Dumbledore and voldemort should be able to do something as overpowered as getsua tencho or a kamehame ha....or why are they limited by their wands should they be able to do something without them?-yeah Im aware that I shouldnt bring suchthings into the book but that was really what crossed my mind-

Book 6 made me remember what I said in goblet of fire"woooho" feeling-though I hated what he did in the end, to an extent.(not all of it jus what he did to ginny).

its a great book series-save 5th(posibly the only book from the series I actually can put down, the others I suually cant stop reading) but I know the 7th is gonna make either hate completely the series, or hold them as my favorite series magic related.

the movies-not as great....I may not watch 5th though not putting myself through book 5 again.

15. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    WEll, book 4 was great, book 5 was a bit dull tbh, ad book 6 was much better, mut not as good as 4.

Book 7 should be awesome.

16. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

Looks like the product forum is pretty active. 138 threads thus far with a lot of recent posts.

17. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    I really hope it comes out in June so that it will be at the Warehouse sale from Scholastic in July. My wife and I love the Harry Potter books.

18. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I loved the last book... I read it in like a week. Fastest read through of any book for me ever.

Pretty excited of a finish to the series.

19. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    My fave book and movie were both #3 Prisoner of Azkaban. I'ts crazy how people keep dying in the books after that. That said, I actually liked OotP and HBP right up until the end.

It didn't seem like Harry had much of a personality in the first two books, IMHO, but he started growing up and getting one in PoA. It came to fruition in OotP. I don't think he was being "emo" -- most all teenagers are moody and either depressed or mad at the world, even if they don't show it. I think JKR showed that real well.

Half-Blood Prince answered a lot of my questions about certian characters, but it raised a lot more. Still, I wish Deathly Hallows wasn't coming out quite yet -- because that means the end of the series, and I don't want it to end.

Oh well. I'll be in line after the TF movie come July if I have any spare cash.

20. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Heh, now that I think about it I hope it comes out in early July, so I can read it on the beach after I get married...