Harry of AICN is a hypocrite!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

OK,Harry Knowles made a complaint about a movie THREE MONTHS AGO,so let's "expose" him! Were the twins racist? I seem to remember thinking they wern't but since I saw the movie months ago,it's hard to remember,and it's even harder to imagine giving a rat's ass.
    Is there anyone out there who considers AICN some kind of hard hitting journalism site or something?

Why the need to throw the Godzilla remake into this? You hated it,I hated it,everyone I know in the world besides Roland Emmerich and Smkspy hated it,but it was eleven years ago and it's irrelevant to this thread. Also I swear I've read Harry Knowles say he prefers the Toho Godzillas,but again,since noone I know or will ever know gives a shit what Knowles thinks,it's hard to remember.

So to summerise,please never post again.

2. billmoo

billmoo aka zynordar TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Sincerely, welcome to two months ago. Tenderize that deceased equine some more.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    This isn't hypocrisy by the way.

4. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Publicity is publicity.

A majority of movie critics hate Transformers 2 - not because the movie is as bad as they say it is, but because they hate Michael Bay that much and they hate a majority of his movies. Any chance that they can destroy a Michael Bay movie they will take it - even if a lesser quality movie, like GI Joe, gains praise from them.

How sad that GI Joe's greatest acclaim by these same critics is, "It's better than Transformers". That right there should give you a big "DUH" that these critics are more "I hate that director, I'm going to badmouth his movie" rather than actually WATCHING A MOVIE.

5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    My local papers have the inverse happening, TF2 managed to get three stars (good but not brilliant) and GI Joe managed one star. Though most of them agree they're were both mediocre, just one more so than the other.

6. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I think the '98 Godzilla is rubbish.

I watch the Toho films all the time and love them, but they're hardly super serious excellent film making. They're brilliant, but that's partly because they're a bit ridiculous.

All this Godzilla talk recently, I kinda like it.

7. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Meh I'm so-so on the US movie. Without the name "Godzilla" plastered on it I think its a decent enough film.
    If the US Godzilla film had been ANYTHING like the Showa series (bar the original and I suppose first couple) it would have been TERRIBLE. I love those films, but they are cheesy as hell. Godzilla sucked as a superhero, the later films had it right when he fights the monsters and then goes on to destroy everything else.

Also Ripcord is portrayed as far less idiotic than the twins anyway.

8. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Why do conversations always seem to end up on the '98 Godzilla movie?

9. Takara_destron

Ebay:
    Because its something people obviously can't get over.

10. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Yet I watched it once 11 years ago, and comfortably went along the rest of my life never thinking about it.

11. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    But it's been 11 years! It's like, 1/8th of a lifetime or more!

12. Takara_destron

Ebay:
    As far as I'm concerned, America raped Godzilla way before 1998.

:lol 

13. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Memories...

Funny shit! I used to watch that as a kid and the one thing I could never figure out is how Godzilla could be submerged in 500 feet of water and suddenly pop up and be standing only ankle deep and still be in 500 feet of water!!!

14. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    It's the way of the universe. It's a well known fact that any conversation, left to run for long enough, will eventually turn to the subject of Godzilla.

15. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So the OP is saying since Ripcord was Black he was a buffoon. Since he didn't give any specific examples. Racist much?

16. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

Anyone have a bat? There's a dead horse in the back that needs attending to.

17. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

why are you worried about what some guy you'll never meet, thinks about a movie?

I just rented Watchmen on bluray last night, I thought it was completely ******ed, I shut it off after 20 minutes, because I couldn't even hear what they were saying half the time, are you gonna let that bother you? of course not.

relax...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  18. AximusPrime

AximusPrime Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    No, you completely missed his point. The point he was trying to make was some dude named Harry over at some site (Ain't It Cool News?) blasted Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen saying that the Twins (Skids and Mudflap) were racist charicatures because their behaviour resembled what some consider to be stereotypical African-American behaviour, yet this same guy praised GI Joe which had an actual African American (Ripcord played by Marlon Wayans) which I guess according to the original poster acted in a way that could also be interpreted as a negative African American stereotype.

19. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I seen GI JOE and Ripcord wasn't a Jive talking stereotypical Black guy. Yes he had some funny parts but he wasn't, Yo, Ima busa cap in jo ass like the twins were. I want the OP to name one line, one scene that Ripcord had that was equivalent to what the Twins were saying. Harry nailed this review.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    ^ This. Over and over and over...
    At least it wasn't just me that gave up trying to work out what they were saying then.

I quite like the American Godzilla movie. But then I also didn't hate Battlefield Earth and I think Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were boring poop. And I like to bring the Batman thing up because it bugs people so much and it amuses me that my opinion of it which doesn't affect their life in any important way does that to them. :) 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.