Harry of AICN is a hypocrite!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Harry says TRANSFORMERS 2 is foul mouthed, racist & misogynistic! It also runs an hour too long! -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news. His review of ROTF
    Harry has seen G.I. JOE - and is looking forward to seeing it again! -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

Ok, so two robots, who have no definable ethnicity, who look stupid and talk street are obvious stereotypes and proof of Bay being a racist mo'fo, but in GI Joe (Which Harry loved) where Ripcord was portrayed as an idiot (And he's black) isn't at all racist.

Hypocrite much? You (Harry) get offended by two CGI non-human characters because the first thought that pops into your overweight-slobbering-pimple-you-call-a-brain are black people, but Ripcord (Who is black) is portrayed as an idiot does not offend you at all. Bullshit. If you were offended from the apparent "RACISM" in ROTF then you must have been offended by Ripcord.

You (Harry) are a complete hypocrite and just made this bullshit up to make people turn against this movie even more and give it another reason to hate, and you have given moar proof that is racism claim is bullshit.

Just so everyone knows I do not find ROTF racist nor GI Joe of being stereotypes of black people. Acting gangsta and stupid is nothing more than character development. It's how Bay and Co. wanted the characters to act throughout the film. For those who were annoyed by the Twins I respect your opinion and hope that they will have a more serious personality developed for the third movie. I found them funny and while they didn't contribute much, they made quite a match for the immense Devastator.

I find it very funny he also loved Roland Emmerich's POS Godzilla remake, and for us die hard Godzilla Fans out there (Like myself) was a complete massive incomprehensible SHIT on the franchise itself. You fucking sicken me from loving that crap hole.

2. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Wow. I agree fully. Oh and your sig = win.

3. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Well, Ripcord wasn't quite as retardly idiotic as the Twins...

Was that the Godzilla movie with it laying eggs and eating fish?

Anyway, great to see that you're representative of all Godzilla fans, and that you speak the thoughts of all of them.

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    It's the internet, everyone's a hypocrite.

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Hear that? It's today calling, and telling you to live in the present.

This topic has been beat the fuck to death. Let it go already.

6. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Sommers calls Harry. Bay doesn't. Therefore, Harry loves GI Joe and boycotts Transformers.

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    And the thread has been summed up

8. Tyrannosaur

Yeah, but I'm special like you said SMKspy lol.

Just wanted to post my thoughts and expose this sasqautch for the two faced chameleon he is.

I'm getting sick of hearing it throughout the web. You wanna see a racist movie? Watch Birth of a Nation, the most contraversial film of all time. You can't compare this "RACISM" in ROTF to that movie. It's the equivilent of dividing by zero.

Noone should find these movies racist, at all. Nothing but a bunch of shit stirred up by negative reviewers to get people to turn against Bay if we all haven't realized that already. I wanted to point out this flaw that many people seem to miss from reading his (Harry's) reviews.

And yes, it is the 1998 godzilla film, ask any Godzilla fan and they will respond with complete nerd rage like I just demonstrated. I liked the Godzilla design, thats it. But Emmerich didn't take it seriously, he turned it into a campy shitty family movie.

9. Deadpool.

News Credits:
    And what'll that accomplish?

10. Tyrannosaur

What I just stated. Exposing him as a hypocrite. You guys are sick of hearing this racism shit being brought up, I just want to contribute that racism in ROTF is even more bullshit than originally thought.

11. Peter Cullen91

Peter Cullen91 Well-Known Member

I felt Robert Downey Jr.'s character in Tropic Thunder was a bit on the racist side, and actually using the world "black." But don't get me wrong, I still loved the movie.

12. Deadpool.

News Credits:
    Umm hmm, that's certainly very interesting. I'm sure Harry's gonna cry at night, since now you've exposed him as a hypocrite.

Also, is this whole racism thing gonna pop up once in a while until TF3 arrives?

13. Peter Cullen91

freedom of speech man, let the guy say what he wants

14. Tyrannosaur

Thankyou Peter Cullen91 :)  Freedom of speech. Harry stated his opinion, I state mine.

And it's a wellknown fact Deadpool. that many Godzilla fans hated the remake in 1998. There are millions of us out there and a large majority hated Emmerich's shit. Though I liked the spin-off cartoon as a kid, showed that heroic side of Godzilla like the showa series in the 70's.

15. Peter Cullen91

your welcome :) 

16. Deadpool.

News Credits:
    Ah, didn't know that. Most of the Godzilla films I've watched so far are those Japanese ones with the guys in costumes and Mechagodzilla and such.

17. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

:: pats Godziboy on the head:: yes, you are special.

Now, Birth of a Nation was quite controversial, but I wouldn't call it the most controversial movie of all time.

Did he compare it? I dunno, it has been literally since June that I read his review...since JUNE. It is now September.

Yet people do. Film critics at that, who for the most part have studied film history. What is that saying about where there is fire there might be fire?

Complete conjecture on your part.

No one missed it. You're just late to party and the party is over.

I'm a godzilla fan, and I heart the 98 movie.

18. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Dear lord I hope not.

19. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

There are people that actually care what Harry Knowles thinks?

Simple rules for reading Mr. Knowles. If he talks about something like he's smart about it, he doesn't have a fucking clue. If he loves a movie, it most likely sucks ass. If he hates a movie, it has a decent shot of being pretty good. If he gives a good review (usually of a shitty movie) he will pull shit out of his ass about "his" past that makes it endearing to him just because.

Just ignore him, or take the opposite of what he says to determine how good a movie may be.

20. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Yes. Yes it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.