Harry Knowles of AICN proclaims, Third Time is the Charm for Transformers:DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by J Migidy, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Migidy

J Migidy Vector Sigma's Lil Helper

News Credits:
    It's Monday and that means that people who already saw Transformers Dark of the Moon are aloud to talk about and publish their reviews. The infamous Harry Knowles from Aint It Cool News has posted a very glowing yet spoilerific review of Michael Bay's finally entry in the Transformers Movie Franchise.

Third time’s the charm they say – and when it comes to TRANSFORMERS movies, the saying is right.

This is a strange series that I am mostly not a fan of. I love TRANSFORMERS – the toy line and the animated show – but never quite have been able to count myself as a fan of any of the films, until now. TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON is simply the best film of the franchise – by a great deal.

How this came to be, many of us will speculate, but I’m pretty sure it is a combination of Michael Bay fully embracing and shooting this outing in full 3D – using the amazing camera set-ups innovated by James Cameron – with Cameron’s tech folks – and even some advice from James Cameron himself. Shooting in 3D requires you to slow down – especially if you’re Michael Bay. I’m told that it takes 3 seconds for your brain to properly process a shot in 3D, 3 seconds is an eternity in Bay-speak – but in this film – you’re going to see a dynamic to his action that is nothing short of jaw-dropping. I say “Jaw-Dropping” not with any sense of hyperbole – in the last hour of this film you’re going to see shit go down that will physically cause your jaw to drop. Hang open and perhaps end with a smile.

Again this review is full of spoilers so read at your own risk. The rest of the review can be found here Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

2. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Is the real buzz Aldrin playing himself in the movie? I've been wondering this for a while. Gotta bring this up with Monkey hands. Still that review has me even more positively charged.

3. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Optimus has a scene with the real Buzz Aldrin. (set in present day I would guess)

4. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

No, he is played by Cory Tucker.

5. Monkey-Hands

Monkey-Hands Turntablist

Yeah, he's definately in the movie. He talks with OP. In present day of course.

6. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. J Migidy

J Migidy Vector Sigma's Lil Helper

News Credits:
    Actually I'm thinking the same as Jadryx. That would be a fun spoilerific suprise. Having Optimus talk to a young Buzz in the past wouldn't make sense since Optimus doesn't arrive on Earth until the first movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.