Harold Attinger is the Sentinel Prime for Humanity

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by barracuda1997, May 24, 2014.

1. barracuda1997

barracuda1997 Well-Known Member

Sentinel Prime: one of the most dynamic and controversial characters in Bayformers; For betraying Optimus Prime the Autobots and mercilessly killing our beloved Ironhide to laying waste to thousands of humans in Chicago and working with Megatron, he did whatever he could to help save his own race by any means. What must be taken into account, however, is the perspective of the latter; Sentinel Prime (and the rest of the Transformers for that matter) are in desperate need of ensuring that the rehabilitation Cybertron and the well being for the rest of the Cybertronian race is possible. Sentinel Prime had good intentions: wanting to save his home planet by reconstructing it and saving its dwindling race from near extinction. However the way he tried to carry out this plan was not exactly heroic or well mannered. This is how I see our upcoming "villain" in AOE. Based off of what we've seen in the trailers and descriptions given to us by his actor Kelsey Grammer, Harold Attingers character appears to be the one who will attempt to ensure the safety of the human race, and will do anything he can to protect our planet from any terrestrial being. By doing this however, he is also in charge of the extermination of all Cybertronians on Earth, regardless of Autobot or Decepticon allegiance. Now this brings into question, can Harold truly be seen as evil? Like Sentinel Prime, Harold is doing whatever he can to ensure the safety of his home planet and his own people. While the situation is not a matter of reconstructing a planet or enslaving an entire race like it was for Sentinel Prime, Earth and all of it's people are still put at risk with the presence of the Transformers on Earth. My question is, do you truly believe Harold Attinger is evil? Do you agree with his motives? Give me your insight!

EDIT: I didn't notice how poorly written my statement about Sentinel Prime was, and I am sorry that my statement about him has caused so much confusion and frustration among you guys. What I intended to say was that the actions of Sentinel Prime (such as killing Ironhide, betraying Optimus, etc) are what would cause fans to not like Sentinel Prime on a personal level. As a Character however, he is fantastic. LOL

2. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

Uh, BULLSHIT right there. I fucking loved Sentinel Prime-he was a killer, he was a traitor, and a bastard, to be sure-but his motivation and other various traits are what made him interesting. It was his flaws that amounted to his becoming the bad guy, and that's what I really liked. It wasn't just a "I hate everything" baddie, it was a "I think I'm doing the right thing" baddie.

Aside from that, yes. Attinger is hopefully going to be more of a tragic hero than anything-maybe just a good guy who's kind of a dick. Or Kelsey Grammar can go full-out "Boss" on our asses and be an intimidating Heisenberg-level magnificent bastard. Regardless, I'm very interested to seeing what his character is like.

3. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

yes

4. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    How about they kill of Attinger at the end of the movie but the Decepticons or somebody put his brain in a robot body. Kelsey Grammar could come back for TF 5 as the voice of Dead End!

5. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    No, but he can be seen as a narrow-minded asshole. He's only killing the Autobots because he refuses to believe they want to protect Earth.

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i don't get it. how could anyone hate Sentinel Prime? especially for those reasons.

considering he WAS the villain.

7. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Sentinel Prime was a hated villain for what he did in-universe, but that's why a lot of viewers, fans and non-fans, loved him and consider him the best villain the series have had.

As for your analogy, Attinger seems more a combination of William Stryker and Boliver Trask from the X-Men films: someone who captures and controls Transformers for their own ends, and may perhaps hold resentment against them (though whether it's personal or political is unknown). And will probably boomerang himself through the resurrection of Megatron.

It remains to be seen as to what Attinger's final fate is. Will he eventually side with the Autobots, realizing they wish to defend Earth - or will he just power on and try to kill them all and be rid of them once and for all? I think it may be the latter, simply because he's rebuilt Megatron. That kind of mistake people would do anything to correct and cover up.

8. Dillatron

Dillatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This.

9. meinefliege4711

meinefliege4711 myfly4711

News Credits:
    o_O  What...? I'm sorry but that sounds f-ed up! :lol 

10. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    do you mean hated by Other transformers? or by the viewers? because there's a big difference! Sentinel was literally the payoff for putting up with the movies!!

11. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 "Boy, you returned for me" - me when MPMs

News Credits:
    Sir, tone down on the TFP ideas :lol 

12. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    I think they call it a hamage??

13. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    A. Grimlock exhales fire on him.

B. Grimlock steps on him.

C. Grimlock chews him up and spits him out.

14. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Stopped reading after the eight word.

Sentinel is my favourite character in Bayformers period. Nimoy was a God at that role.

15. hyruk

hyruk Genericon

Uh sentinel wasn't the most hated character,he was a way better prime than fallen,He was mostly like zeta prime from IDW who wanted change but went bonkers

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    He probably will be.