Hardest transformers to actually Transform?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vector Squidma, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I had a hell of a time trying to transform SWTF Death Star Vader.

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Really? Even sticking to RID there are tougher TFs. Sideburn for one.

Outside of that, I've heard horror stories of MP Megs. From personal experience I can vouch for Cybertron Smokescreen. The Alt Grimlock/Wheeljack mold is horrendously tricky and a piece of ass to boot. Movie Bumblebee is never worth the hassle. Actually, a lot of Movie/ROTF stuff is fiddly and annoying considering they're kids toys.

3. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    I don't have Megs, but I have to agree with ROTF Prime and Alt. Grimlock. No matter how hard I try, it always looks like Grimlock's been in a bad accident when he's in vehicle mode. While that might well be in character, it's not quite what I want.

BT Skids was stressful for me, just because when you're splitting the roof, I keep feeling like I'm going to break it.

I'll throw Movie Ironhide into the mix too, not so much for being complicated but for trying to get everything to fit together right and not fall apart.

4. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

Some of the movie line are tricky - Mixmaster and RotF leader Prime spring to mind. I think the movie line in general is overly fiddly - too elaborate for their own good.

The panels on SWTF Vader / Death Star are tricky, as are the arms on Alt Wheeljack / Grimlock.

MP Megatron is fiddly, but not as bad as some would have you believe. It's just that a couple of the connecting sections are bizarrely thin and potentially fragile.

5. Echnalaid

Echnalaid Watermelons?

Ebay:
    The Masterpiece Starscream mold isn't very hard, I was expecting more when I got my Skywarp. It's just very finicky.

6. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Like i said at the other "Hardest Transformer to Transform" threads:

Star Wars/Transformers crossover Death Star/Darth Vader.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Laughably, I'd be more inclined to agree with the previous poster about RiD Ultra Magnus then Side Burn. I had far more trouble getting UM back to carrier mode then I did Side Burn; getting those panels to align from the back half to the front half just wasn't coming together for the longest time.

I never had any problem with Cybertron Crosswise, though his hip guns can be a pain at times.

For me it's Alt Grimlock. It's not that hard to understand where everything has to go, it's actually getting the stupid toy to do it without parts popping/flying off that's the trick. And that giant, stupid plate. On top of that, it had been so long since I last transformed it that I couldn't; I ended up finding a video on YouTube to help me out. So, not a memorable Transformation on top of that.

Universe Galvatron without having any part pop off could also be a challenge.

8. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    Big Convoy.

My one is the Korean version and it just will not go together in elephant mode - at all.

9. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    1st) MP Megs by a llllllong way - An absolute bitch to transform *shakes head*

equal 2nd) Alt Wheeljack/Grimlock, BWN Big Convoy & BWN Mach Kick

10. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

So to me the hardest transformer to transform is probably trans scaning optimus prime due to all the linning up the pegs and crap. NOT MP megatron.

11. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I actually found that Crossovers Venom was hard to transform. Not hard as in difficult, but it was so stiff that when I tried to transform it the first time I was afraid of breaking it, so it sat in alt mode for close to a year. I finally tried it again when I needed the shelf space and got it. :p 

I found Vader/Death Star to be quite easy actually. I think it's more intimidating probably than difficult.

I still haven't transformed MP Megs. He's still posed as he came out of the box.

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    MP Megs. And a whole slew of Alternators.

13. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't have MP Megs, so apparently I don't know what a truly hard transformation is like, but
    ROTF Jetfire was very hard for me, not because he is intricate or anything, but because of those panels not lining up properly. I think Vader/Death Star is the same. Those figures are not fun to transform (I love Vader, though, such a cool and fun toy).

I love BW Neo, but many figures from this series fall into the "frustrating panel lining" category. Deadend was really hard until I figured out how the robot body should be folded inside the shell. Quite a few RiD figures are intricate but fun. Autobot brothers are awesome.

14. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

I'll have to put my vote in for MP Megatron. I've transformed him maybe three or four times. Never broke him either. He's been in robot mode for at least two years now. I agree that MP Starscream is pretty hard too. I transformed hin into altmode and haven,t turned him back partly because I like alt mode and partly because i don't want to break him.

15. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP MEGATRON

owned him for almost 2 years now. transformed him 2 times. never broke anything. never will. he'll be in bot mode forever.

16. eliotd

eliotd alternator

mp megs. I nearly broke mine today

17. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    MP Megs. I've given up trying to transform him.

18. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    MP Megatron by a long shot, although Leader Prime is probably the most difficult Hasbro released toy.

A nod goes to Beast Wars Neo: Lots of large panels on double ball joints, some of which wont line up properly unless you've spent 10 minutes playing origami with the limbs.

I'm looking at you Mach Kick and Dead end.

19. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

From my toys.. classics Galvatron, movie Payload, binaltech Smokescreen.

20. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Without a question of doubt MP Megs. However most annoying has to be any of the Energon combiners. You get a little annoyed after transforming the same toys 4 times in a row.