Hardcore Classics Universe fans, What r u doing until 3.0?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by blackconvoy_D01, Aug 5, 2009.

1. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

finishing up my G2 collection.. only 11 more to go..

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd agree with Bumblebee at least. I actually prefer the Legends Universe BB to the Classics deluxe. But with the announcement of the Alternity Bumble, I hope they concentrate on the untouched characters like Wheeljack, Blitzwing, Grapple et cetera.

3. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

A new BB would be cool, as would a new Astrotrain, but they're really not needed and I'd rather get new characters.

Actually, for Astrotrain the most annoying things are his feet and his hands, but they can be fixed, I think.....I'll have to find mine and have a look.

4. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I see what you're saying. The doors on his arm don't bother me so much so that's probably why I don't have an issue. And I don't mind bumblebee's feet because I still think of bumblebee as an oversized minibot. :) 

To each his own I guess. When comparing 1.0 and 2.0 it seems like one step forward, one step backwards to me. I would have prefered a simpler mold for Prowl, without the wings popping off and the not always stable feet. Same for Octane. I would have taken more kibble for a more solid alt mode. And what was with the comb weapon? And don't get me started on ironhide/ratchet. That mold would have been okay for a dark character like soundwave/soundblaster but in red and white the lines in alt mode are too distracting.

Are Henkeis even affordable anymore?

5. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    Buying two MP-8X's and City Commander, after that I am done until late 2010. Nothing in the ROTF line really captures my eyes. I guess I am too geewun for the movie toys :lol 

6. Phoenix Blaze

Guh, the Ironhide/Ratchet mold is really just a waste.

Normally, Henkei will be a few more £, or well $. A Deluxe normally costs me around £12.99 and the Henkei will be around £16- £20. I don't mind paying the extra as you get the awesome packaging and you get the better paint schemes (normally).

Henkeis that I want right now are Astrotrain, maybe Megatron, maybe Ironhide (and if I like him Ratchet), and I think that's it....I just think Henkei rocks the regular Hasbro stuff. The only ones I have that are Hasbro which I'm fine with are Sunstreaker, Sideswipe and Prowl. Henkeis include Cyclonus, Powerglide and Inferno. All much better than the Hasbro ones.

7. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, you're in the UK. For me in the US, I paid around $6.50-11.00 for my deluxes. If they were still available today it would be $14. For me to order Henkei's it would cost me about $35-$40 after shipping. Quite a price difference for us. I have both Cyclonus' now and they're different enough that I wouldn't say one is better then the other. Powerglide is getting the update he deserves this year in the US and it'll be cheaper. Is U2 and Henkei Inferno that much different? A lighter shade of red? I can't justify paying double the price but for you if it's almost the same I would definitely go Henkei.

A lot of random chrome on Henkei though. It's like Hasbro and Takara are teasing us with what could have been.

8. Phoenix Blaze

Henkei Inferno has more chrome (on the cannon and the wrist/forearm parts) and is indeed more of a candy red than the darker Uni.2.0 but it makes a massive difference for me.

I feel pretty lucky in that Henkeis don't cost me that much then. Henkei Inferno was £40 delivered, and most Voyagers are £25-£30 delivered. Yes it's more expensive but in my mind, it's worth it.

I actually bought Henkei Cyclonus more for the properly coloured Nightstick than the man himself.

The recoloured Powerglide *really* annoys me, to the point where I might try and sell my Henkei and buy the new Hasbro one......maybe I'll just try and repaint the thing.

9. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Sitting very uncomfortably with my thumb up my ass, collecting Bay-bots.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I wouldn't consider myself a "hardcore" Classics/Universe fan, but some of the future ROTF toys like Bludgeon and Mindwipe are going to look GREAT next to my Classics Decepticons.

Also, I will be trying to pick up that "Straightaway Shootout" set of legends, since it's got that damnably under-distributed Classics Warpath repaint in it.

11. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    This, I have very little use for the Bayformers figures.

12. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

Getting some ROTF toys and Bionicles and some more anime toys....

13. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm upgrading my current universe lineup; getting the missiles pods and gun set for Ultra Magnus, the limbs kit for Superion, armor for Rodimus....I'm also looking into getting hold of Robot Masters Star Saber and Victory Leo to put into my universe lineup, figuring them to be roughly deluxe class.

Apart from that, nowt. Just as well, I'm a little poor! ;) 

14. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saving to buy Henkei Red Alert, Thundercracker, Thrust, and Dirge, and MP Skywarp other than that GI Joe collection, I'm done with ROTF.

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm buying lots of other toys because I'm a dork who loves Transformers. RotF Arcee makes me want a Classics Arcee some day, because I love lining up each version I have of one character to see the evolution of things.

16. Optimus_Khan

Optimus_Khan Well-Known Member

Still trying to find movie Jetfire. I did get all the released Human Alliance, Robot Hero's boxset and Super Link toys.

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    other than collecting legends figs and seekers, I'm collecting stuff needed to make my own classics/universe stuff. Unfortunately I'm not in a place right now to get a lot, otherwise I'd have used this time to play catch-up. :(  I still need Red Alert, and three of the henkei seekers.

18. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let me see... G1 combiners... Trying to get the money to get some good ones. Was going to get Bruticus but after all the bad reviews, thought better of it... Predaking reissue here I come. Even asked about some Seacon TFCC ones, but they too expensive...

19. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the only one that i think shows it's age is rodimus, the arms have almost no articulation, it kinda bugs me, bees arms don't bug me much, but i prefer the legends one anyways, he is a minibot, prime's arm panels might have been fixed, but they might have screwed something else up, or he would be loose or something

20. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I'm a hardcore G1 fan and I'm buying ROTF figures untill Classics 3.0.

The movie-verse is the only other iteration of transformers I like besides G1, but G1 will always be my number 1.