Hardcore Classics Universe fans, What r u doing until 3.0?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by blackconvoy_D01, Aug 5, 2009.

1. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, no new molds but we're getting Skyfall/Hardhead/Powerglide this year right?

2. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

my credit card limit just went up so i'm making a quick and dirty grab of stuff i missed on release and buying other stuff to fill out the ranks

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, I expect those around the time MP Skywarp also comes out. They're all Wal-Mart exclusives. I'd bet it's an endcap.

4. blackconvoy_D01

blackconvoy_D01 Destronger

Ebay:
    here's something that ive been thinking of doing too. I wanted to get superion and bruticus, as well as the add on kit. I have Silverbolt and Onslaught, and if I get the combiner sets then Ill dump the other two and get the Dreadwind toy to compensate. whats holding me back is the fact that Ive heard you cant really do the whole play thing with the add on for superion. and I wont buy one without the other. can someone either confirm or clarify that? and also is it a good move?

5. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I really love all the Universe toys I have (all four, lol), so I can't wait 'til 3.0 gets in full swing after ROTF finishes up. I'm still collecting a few toys from ROTF, and looking around for the old 2.0 stuff at my local Zeller's. Also, the last few Animated toys that are left too buy. I REALLY want Ultra Magnus but I can't find him anywhere!

6. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What has two thumbs and is a giant idiot for not getting into the Universe line until now? *This guy!!!*

I kept holding off on picking up any Universe, despite all the praise the line was getting from everyone here. While I don't regret buying what I did at the time (almost complete with my Encores and MPs) I should've jump on the chance to pick up all those guys (especially during those Wal-Mart sales...I did however pick up Cyclonus for 9 bucks!)

I'm starting off really slowly, sifting through all the ROTF shelfwarmers...picked up Ratchet, Legends Brawn, Beachcomber & Cosmos last week (at least they were dirt cheap!)

7. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Good job on finding Cosmos - he was amazingly rare.

8. Optimus Kharnal

Optimus Kharnal Well-Known Member

I can't find any of the G1 universe mini-bots

9. bruticus_prime

bruticus_prime awesomeness in a bottle

we are here we are waiting for more toys

10. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Trying to get my damn finances in order so I can actually buy some toys here and there as well as afford to eat, take care of my dog, pay bills, blah blah

11. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Has there been an official statement from Hasbro saying that there will be a Universe 3.0?

I hope that it does happen, and I also hope that they keep the same overall look of the toys. There's quite a difference between the first set of Classics and 2.0, they look good together, but they show their age.

12. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't saying I'm killing time, as G1 and the reissues are always my main focus, but I'll be spending my TF pennies on Encore mostly over the next few months. I collect other toylines though, so I have to be careful where I spend the collecting budget!

13. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Weeping bitterly.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hasbro officially stated at Botcon that the Universe 2.0 line will continue in late 2010, and at the very least at the Deluxe class scale (they couldn't guarantee any other size classes at the time they made the statement). Basically, no "3.0", just more 2.0.

15. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Whahhh? 3.0 already? I'm collecting Henkei's only and that's pricey, I'm hoping 3.0 isn't going to happen anytime soon! (well yeah I am fanwise; otherwise, crikey!) :rolleyes2 

16. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

Bugging our members to give me their unwanted Classics.

17. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Buying fans project and fun pub stuff mailing, maybe the odd movie toy but only if it either fits with the classic TF's or looks really cool to me.

18. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whatcha mean "show their age"? I like inferno but I'd still choose the Optimus Prime mold over that any day. Love the car brothers but I do get a little annoyed everytime I look over and see Bumblebee with his pegged arms. Cyclonus is nice but he not the seeker, seeker, seeker!!!

And doing a fine job of it.

19. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

I truly believe that if Prime came out now he wouldn't have those doors on his arms, and BB would be *so* much better when it comes to his feet and torso.

Show by "showing their age" I mean more that the current Universe 2.0 toys have shown some amazing developments since the first Classics.

Late 2010? Oh well.....time to get some Henkeis....

20. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Yeah, I too hope that in 3.0 they revisit the figs from 1.0 and update them again