Happywell Brave KOs - Any Good?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by TimToyGeek, Nov 30, 2006.

1. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

I noticed over on agesthreeandup that there is a whole section dedicated to knockoffs - new ones, or so it seems to me - of Brave robots. I saw several versions of the GGG Dragon trucks (not so new), sets of Shadow Dagwon, God Silverion, Battle Bomber, a Valkyrie and lots more, all for $10 or less.

It doesn't look like they're in stock yet at A3U, but I figured since these are knockoffs they might have made their way to market one way or another. Anyone try these? Are they any good? I have a set of the full-sized GGG Dragon trucks, and they're not bad at all. I'm tempted by that Silverion, Dagwon and a couple of the others, even if they're low quality, the price is right.

Here's a link:

http://www.agesthreeandup.com/?p2=shopping/catalog.jsp&catalog_id=92

Thanks

Tim
    "toy geek"

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Well, Tim, I have the God Silverion and the Red and Blue GGG Trucks. They're pretty good, even in terms of legitimate Hasbro and TakaraTomy stuff. I believe Spencer said the Valkyrie is pretty good, too. I havent had any real problems with what I have, so I can say from experience that these are not terrible, but not the best.

Overall, I like the ones I have, and I have more coming whenever A3U gets their stock in.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've got the originals, but I've heard the Happywell KOs are decent enough. The one I did get - Granbird - was alright, a little less than the original but a decent stand in until I finally got the real thing. If you don't want to pay out the $$ for the originals but want to sample the designs and transformation styles, go for it. I hear Shadow Dagwon lacks the two guys who make up his arms, though you get a decent version of the DagShadow jet. One of the guys on the Brave Mailing List has that one and has no complaints, save the lack of Guard Tiger and Guard Wolf.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    One more thing... Pay the extra $3 for the Guard Tiger and Guard Wolf. SO worth it(at least for the original)

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

About that Guard Tiger and Guard Wolf...

It seems like Happywell has a Shadow Dagwon set with just the main figure, AND a set that comes with the Guard Tiger and Guard Wolf... but it seems like A3U only carries the lone Shadow Dagwon set.

Does anyone know of an online seller who sells the complete Happywell set? Or know of a place to find supplementary Guard animals to go with the one available at AgesThreeAndUp?

I've been eyeing that Shadow Dagwon, but it feels sort of dumb to get it without the guard animals, y'know?

zmog

6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The symmetrical dockers are good and fit together well. Recommended!

7. SMOG

Yeah, I've seen the symmetrical dockers, and I'm sold on them (even though I have the real ones... I can't help myself!)

But I'm kind of on the fence about the Silvarion and Shadow Dagwon...

zmog

8. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Silverion looks like a mess of colours :( . And The rest of the Braves are too grey.

9. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Their oversized Fire Dagwon (the $25 one) is amazing. It's amost as big as Fort Max and really well pulled off. Hopefully they will get more in stock soon.

10. SMOG

Who will get more in stock soon? A3U? I didn't realise that they had any in stock to begin with... :) 

EDIT: Just realised that when A3U runs out of stock, the item disappears from their listings, as if it had never been there... which makes it tough to determine what kind of stock they might offer in the future, unfortunately :( 

zmog

11. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Shadow Dagwon, the original, is readily available in Korea. Most of the KOs I've seen look like they miss Guard Eagle, who forms the most important parts of the final combo, unless they remolded it to take an extra head.
    I'd recommend getting that one since it can be had fairly cheaply on Ebay.

12. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I bought Shadow Dagwon last week and hopefully I'll be getting it tomorrow.

13. SMOG

Hmm... I didn't notice Guard Eagle's absence. Thanks for the info, Sol Fury... but the only Korean version of Shadow Dagwon I see online is $60 USD + shipping at ToyArena... which is a far cry from the sweet, cheap Happywell version. Do you have a line on a better source for Korean Brave releases? Y'know... for cheapskates? :) 

Please let us know how the Happywell Shadow Dagwon holds up, Roanstalker!

zmog

14. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Thats probably the cheapest price. For what you get its worth it. Try getting anoriginal japnese version and itll probably cost even more.

15. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Hmm, bit steep. I got mine from there (Ebay store not the online one) and it only cost me $40, but that was a long time ago. A Japanese one might cost less, though with deputy fees, it'd probably end up the same.
    Unfortunately I don't know of any real cheap way to get these guys. They can be had cheaply in Korea, of course, where they're plentiful and much more reasonably priced, but finding someone out there who can sell you one at cost might be a little harder.

16. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    I have a Shadow Dagwon set that I'll sell for $55 shipped (within the US) if you're interested. Let me know via PM if you want it. It's been transformed a couple times but it's otherwise new. And it's the Japanese version individually boxed :) 

-Jeff

17. SMOG

I got this pic from Happywell's website... it's their "Robobeast Combo" box set:
    http://happywell.smeitrade.com/showroom/user/1151570409147/gallery/b_1000001100199.jpg

Not only is it closer to the original colours (not all gray in any case), but it looks like Guard Eagle is part of the set!

Now I just need to find one of these babies for sale somewhere. It's too bad that Spencer just got the single-robot gray set at A3U... :( 

zmog

18. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Only Guard Eagle seems to be wierdly coloured. The others look fine except they have so extra stickers.

Edit: Damn you Might Gaine! I thought it was an alright price already!