Happy Star Wars Day, TFW2005!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by AniProwl, May 4, 2010.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:

[​IMG]

May the fourth be with you! :wink:  ​

Discuss any Star Wars related stuff you want to talk about here ranging from the movies to experiences.
    If you have a day off, watch the saga.

2. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

Totally awesome!!

3. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    YEAH!
    Time to watch my favorite Episode: The Christmas Special.

Oh, wait....

4. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Recently re-watched the new trilogy. I really take back a few of the bad things I said about it. I got into Episode III, and loved it more than I remembered. But the original trilogy is still far superior.

5. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Still looking far and wide for the unaltered VHS tapes of the original trilogy. Apparently I'm having no luck. :( 

6. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I'd hook you up with mine if I could confirm I have all 3...As of now, I can only really confirm Return of the Jedi, and that's of questionable status (As in, I'm not so positive it still works).

I liked Episode III despite everyone else hating it...

7. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Watching Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith right now and it's pretty awesome. I'm still surprised by how much blood is on the lightsaber Luke inherits in Episode IV: A New Hope. I've also been replaying The Force Unleashed lately and it's still cool. I hope The Force Unleashed II is as good.

Has anybody seen the "Revisited" version of A New Hope? Someone took the dvd and color-corrected the entire thing, added new effects, fixed some continuity errors, allowed Han to shoot first again, fixed the music, added the Imperial March and made a lot of changes to make it the ultimate fan edit. The revised Death Star battle is EPIC. I'm pretty impressed by it and am looking forward to the new edit of The Empire Strikes Back.

8. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I find the lack of Star Wars fans most disturbing.

What?

I had to use this line.

9. Switch625

The one glaring problem I have with Episode III is Padme's nonsensical death. She lost the will to live. What??!? Anakin choking her followed by the trauma of a double child birth didn't do the job, but she died because she gave up? That's BS! Lucas didn't want her to be murdered by Anakin or by any of the other movie villains so she just dies. It may harken back to Greek tragedies or Shakespeare or something, but to me, that's just awful writing.

10. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

I quietly ignore the medical droid's "lost the will to live" diagnosis. the droid is just stupid. It's malfunctioning. As far as I am concerned, Anakin killed her.

Anakin's ridiculous switch to Palpatine's side is much harder to ignore though. That was pretty bad.

11. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I enjoy episode 3 since the saga finally returns to it's roots and full circle.

Plus, it has a balance of good and bad moments to remember unlike the the other two prequels which just had lame moments almost all through out.

12. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    My biggest gripe with III is possibly the most pointless thing ever. Padame should not have named the kids popping out of her and it should have been more a rushed hurried afair. Totally killed any drama about the brother/sister reveal if you were to watch all 6 movies in order. Especially for new fans in years to come.

13. Switch625

I don't know, I didn't mind that so much. I actually got goosebumps the first time I saw that. When Star Wars, and Luke Skywalker in particular, are as ingrained in your entire being as they are in me, it can't not affect you.

14. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Happy 4th of May! Star Wars was one of those series that has been with me since childhood, and I am grateful for it. Loved every single one of the movies (yes, even Attack of the Clones...).