Happy Meal Coupon=$15 Animated Grimlock

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Jul 7, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Thanks to the coupon on the Happy Meal Bags I scored a $15 Animated Grimlock from TRU.

That coupon makes Animated Voyagers a great deal. If you have the chance I recommend swinging by McDonalds to get a TF Happy meal w/coupon.

Has anyone else out there scored a pretty good deal with one of these Happy Meal Coupons?

2. CH@OS!

CH@OS! Looking for my next job

I'm stockpiling those coupons at the moment just knowing that I'll be buying a bunch of Animated Voyagers and other 19.99 and up toys from now till this January.

CH@OS!

3. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Anyone have a scan or description of the coupon and how it works? The last coupon craze we had, we found out most of us were committing retail fraud by using. So I am a little wary of 'cooooooooupon!'

4. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    There is a coupon w/barcode that is printed on the side of Happy Meal Bags that is good for $5 off any Transformers ANIMATED purchase of 19.99 or more.

I simply tore it off the bag brought it to TRU (it's good at any retailer I believe.) they scanned it at the register and it took $5 off my Grimlock. It said "manufacturer's coupon" at the register when it was scanned.

5. T-money

T-money Cake is good

News Credits:
    I used the coupon at TRU to buy leader bulkhead. $5 is a nice little chunck of change to save on a $19.99 (and up) toy. I will be seeking more of the McDonalds coupons.

6. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    i got my animated starscream for $15 thanks to these awesome coupons. and i got one more left...come on voy. prime or leaders (i say no to voy megs unless on clearance....or might get to have a complete collection)

7. mechabot-1

mechabot-1 Banned

yeah that was a nice marketing ploy by mc d's and hasbro....mc d's gets business from the happy meal revenue and traffic and hasbro gets more folks buying TF's...WIN and WIN....

8. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nice :rock 

9. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

How long are the coupons valid for? when do they expire?

10. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the fraud on that target coupon apparently wasn't everyone using it, it was that someone edited the "toys" part off and posted it, so a bunch of stores were forced to give 5 off any 25 dollar purchase. stopping acceptance of all coupons would be the only way to prevent further fraud.

http://consumerist.com/tag/fraud/?i=5022685&t=target-discontinues-coupon-due-to-rampant-fraud

anyone who originally received the coupon in email will be receiving a $5 gift card to make up for it, which i think is totally awesome of target.

11. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    i used my coupon on my leader bulkie and it almost paid for the activator BB i got for my nephew. he did alot of work this weekend at thier new house so he needed a reward and as always i guide my related chittlins into the tf verse. i also got my newer model nephew a softimus prime (hes not 1 yet so u can see why i picked that)

12. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

The coupons are good until January 26th 2009. I mean you might as well stock up on them. How many people here can say 'Yeah, I probably will be getting 2 or 3 TF:A toys in the next 6 months'. It's 25% off basically. Plus you get a McDonald's TF toy and also food. :p  Great deal. I haven't eaten McD's in years but have had them twice this week. hah

Also, I bought Prowl and Blackarachnia and used the coupon at Target. Technically that's only $19.98, but they still scanned it and it worked.

13. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Hmm... well I don't eat Happy Meals but I think my dad does occasionally lol. I'll let him know to keep the coupon (but my dad's pretty good with that stuff, he always brings me like the SpongeBob Burger King toys so I'm sure he'd give me Transformers =P)

14. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, I went to McD's today for lunch....didnt get a Happy Meal, but I found out that if you ask nice enough, they will just give you a bag or two (I got two) just so you can get the coupon....and I guess I was really nice, cause she also gave me a BB for free too :D 

15. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

My wife discovered this today, and my daughter got the McD's Bumblebee toy.

Now, I just need to find another Grimlock, and I have another coupon saved for Ultra Magnus!

Heck, if these were for the Universe toys, I'd be living on Happy Meals!