Happy Feet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rattrap007, Nov 6, 2006.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Anyone else think this film looks like a major turd? I see about 20 some odd promos for it a day and I am getting sick. It looks like it has about zero plot. Ooooh singing dancing penguins.. And they sing pop music.. yeah...

2. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    see there is a secret in the movie, it is made by the folks who did South Park. The other songs they can't play on TV.

Go see it and you will see.

3. honestgabe

honestgabe I

I would imagine it wouldn't interest you. How old are you, 27? I'm sure the target audience the producers are going for are in grade school or preschool. Its a kids movie

4. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Look how well 'march of the penguins' did...

Penguin is born into a boring stuffy group of penguins

He is lost as a baby

Found in a new tribe of smaller and more fun penguins

And then he goes home.

Pretty generic 'other side of the fence/lost family' plot.

The baby penguin dancing cracks me up. I suspect kids will will love it. And I like Robin Williams as a voice actor. Looks funny.

5. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

How about being sick of CG movies in general??! I swear, next time I see a preview for a new CG movie that has a lame ass plot and features wisecracking CG animals Im just going to punch the person next to me. That'll show em!

Happy Feet and that bullshit rat movie are my current subjects of anger. And in just a few months, there will be a new one to take its place. I hope whoever keeps insisting on making these "movies" gets ejected from the earth.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but you don't have any reason backing you up there. It's not like their forcing you to watch the movies, or even the commercials for them for that matter. All you have to do is change the channel, or just plain ignore it. I'm not trying to start a fight, but it annoys me when I see someone ranting for no apparent reason. Back to the topic, I plan on seeing Happy Feet, because mainly, I think dancing penguins is just plain funny. I've also heard that one of the previews before it is one for a movie that I plan on going to see next year, and I want to see the preview for the first time on the big screen.Peace out.

7. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I agree, apparently animators can take a shit and out comes a CGI kids movie. They are coming out every 3 months!!!

If it was so god dang easy to make, then why don't we get more TV shows like this?

Animation use to be art... now it is swill.

But Happy feet will probably appeal to kids. I do like having a kids movie in the theatres ALL YEAR AROUND opposed to one at summer and one and Christmas.

8. Jess

Jess Active Member

I thought it looked funny myself. Might have to rent it to see what it is all about but I wouldn't pay in the theatre to go see it. I do like Robin Williams and he does one of the penguins in the movie. So yea eventually I'll see this movie.

9. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Pixar and Shrek have a lot of crap to answer for.... Penguins are only good for footy slippers

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    my fiance and i cant wait for it....we do act like children though...and more then 3/4 of the animated things out lately are crap, but this one just seems funny...and ive got an undying love for penguins...as does she....so this should be fun....and yeah, as stated, if you dont want to see it, i doubt anyones gonna pull a clockwork orange animated freakfest for ya, so relax....kids movies will always be around....and thats better then people taking 4 year olds to see saw 3 and other movies that are way too mature for them....

11. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Agreed. Most CG movies I see are just trying to make a quick buck. When I saw previews for Doogal and what other one they did I thought it looked like crap... then the second movie came out about a month or two later. Gah..

I love Shrek and loved Cars. Those and toy story were fantastic. Why? great story and good humor. Seems only Disney and Pixar can do good CG movies..

12. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

Is this coming out in IMAX 3D? I remember it being advertised with Superman Returns in IMAX 3D. That might make it worth it. CGI in IMAX3D is awesome.

13. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup- IMAX 3-D. Personally, I've found the trailers to be funnier than the animated movies they're attached to (I'm looking at you, 'Barnyard' and 'Open Season.') 'Happy Feet' does indeed have a plot- a penguin lives in a community where they each attact their mate through the power of song. Our hapless hero discovers that while he can't sing, he can sure dance. I'm looking forward to it. As for the 'rat movie,' it's from the same people who did 'Chicken Run' and 'Wallace and Grommit,' so it'll be worth my time.

-Tony!
    Sees 'em for free.