HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR KO G1 Defensor Giftset Available KO G1 Mensaor After New Years

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GenZhao, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    and yes I fully understand this, but darn it would it be so freaking hard to just put a little mark on the accsessories and the bot and other parts so it could be distinguised from the original stuff.

some here say ko hateres whine to much...but darn you KO buyers whine just as much.." I dotn want to pay this and that for a toy, everything should be reissued and cheap.."

2. Arkvander

Arkvander Optimal Optimist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
  3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Or simply change the colors of the toys. They don't necessarily have to change blue to green or anything like that, but what about a metallic blue for Hotspot, or a deeper blue for example.

4. 2000lambovette

2000lambovette Missing 1984

JMO but I will buy remakes even if I have the original. I prefer the ko box and stickers compare the the reissue. It brings back those childhood memories especially on the ones I could never afford to buy as a kid.

5. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's what this thread is for.

Hey, people do have to eat, or pay the rent, or that third divorce.

Personally I'd rather go for a Classics/Universe update to an old toy instead of a reissue. Sure, there's sentimental value in a reissue, but many of the designs are simply obsolete. Otherwise kitbashers wouldn't have so much business cutting up vintage toys just to give them actual elbows and knees.

6. chugway

chugway ming mong ping pong

Personally, and this is just me, if i like the look of a toy and to obtain a display-quality example of an official product is more than i'm prepared to pay i have no qualms about sticking a KO in there.

My Takara WST prime is pulling a beautifully made KO trailer because i'm not prepared to pay the comedy ebay asking price for the Official grey plastic oblong, and the cheaper fake one is much nicer.

Most of my favorite G1 toys are in pretty shabby condition, for soundwave i picked up the the SDCC version and all is well, but grimlock hasn't had (and won't have) an official re-release. If his wobbly dino legs get any worse i'll replace him on display with a KO and not have a second thought about it.

Plus the Justitoys WSTs make me very, very happy although they're not KOs in the traditional sense of the word.

7. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    defensor is tempting...

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    if the KO fort max is decent quality and priced at something approaching affordable ill bite, Like $250-$300 tops. id love to be under $200 but that is likely more than can be hoped for.

9. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    That thread is not my point and yes I know of it existense.

Well that is life...

10. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Already? Maybe the silver lining to these KO's is that the value of the originals will decrease. But wading through the sea of KO's is going to be a pain in the ass.

11. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    My feelings exactly. I'd buy up all kinds of KOs, especially translucent & red Mirages for starters, but I refuse to support a company whose products are so easily used for fraud. You shouldn't have to be a tfw2005 user just to know about the handful of threads (or highendtfs.com) showing the package differences, and don't always cover the actual figures nor accessories either. But hey, that's just me.

I'm guessing the buyers of these auctions aren't member here either: http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.ht..._Complete=1&_ssn=manados&_odkw=&_osacat=83732 Ouch!

It's sad the first appearance of KO Defensor on eBay will likely bilk someone out of a ton of money. I've seen a lot of new California sellers pulling this crap recently. What's up with so many TF scams coming out of CA?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  12. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is very eloquent, and sums up my main issues with KOs perfectly.

It's one thing selling copied junk to some one who knows what they're getting, but if you think the makers of these KOs are doing it "solely for the fans CUZ HASBLOW AND TAKARA HATE YOU!!!!", and not with an awareness that these will be used to defraud, you're out of your mind.

13. dipgoof1978

dipgoof1978 Member

glow in the dark stickers would be cool more ko giftsets is probally planned in other words what next jetfire maybe. people may buy these for repaints even if devstator didn't appaer in the golden lagoon ep a gold repaint would be cool good luck finding and buying just use caution when buying a vintage transformer

14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's equivalent to calling a steak knife maker a murderer when someone gets stabbed with one. Yes, it happens, but they don't make them so people will get hurt.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  15. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The ebay listing has been removed. Good for ebay or the seller for removing it.

Honesty-1
    KO's being sold as originals-0

16. TransFan1996

TransFan1996 Well-Known Member

how much will fort max cost?

17. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I agree with this. Knockoffs are a bigger problem than the TF community, and effect intellectual properties,and business of creative industries in a negative way. People who buy K.O.s really just want to save money, and don't really appreciate the product enough to begin with.

18. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That is absolute BULLSHIT. Who the hell are you to say what people do and don't appreciate?

I have a friggin' ROOM full of hundreds of legit figures, and now all of a sudden I don't "appreciate the product" because I buy a KO? BULLSHIT.

19. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

wow, very righteous for someone defending thieves! If you support a knockoff, you undermine an original. Thats how it works. Counterfeit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    If you want a G1 Defensor, either save up or do without.

20. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    LOL - you KO haters come off worse than the people who sell them as originals sometimes. Such pent up spite over the authenticity of little plastic toys.

You save up or go without - I'll be just fine.