Happy Anniversary to the original that started it all - Transformers The Movie is 30!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
  2. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Great timing, had a thread in TFGD looking/waiting for this!! Great read as usual SF.

Can't watch Optimus' dying without a big lump in my throat, all these years later, still tear up... gray has never been my favorite color for a reason.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  3. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This was basically the first death of a loved one I had to endure.

4. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Well-Known Member

Amazing write-up as usual Sol Fury, and a beautiful ode. I share all of your sentiments. Thank you!!!

5. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    30 years ago a 7 year old boy had his dreams realized in a small local movie theater. Thanks again for the memories.

6. TransfanG1

TransfanG1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still remember how I felt on the ride home from the theater after seeing Prime die. No other movie or TV show has ever done that to me, up to that point or since. I was beside myself with disbelief and sadness. Faults and errors aside, this is the greatest animated movie ever imo. Just so much awesome and took the show to another level, even after all these years it still rules. I will be celebrating the anniversary with a viewing this evening.

7. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

I saw it in the theater the first week it was out!

Awesome, new remaster promo gave me memories of the theater.

The only true Transformer movie to me!

8. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    A date worth commemorating for sure, the release of the last and only good Transformers movie ;) 

Growing up in 80's England we didn't see much of the G1 TV series so outside of the odd episode on VHS tapes purchased from Woolworths by our parents. So this movie ended up being my first major exposure to animated Transformers. Lucky me, it's easily the best animated fiction G1 had to offer. I rewatch it every year or two, and fall in love with it all over again everytime. The nostalgia, the characters, the action, the soundtrack.....oh god the soundtrack...all amazing. The opening scenes still give me goosebumps everytime.

9. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    30 years ago began the tradition of killing Optimus Prime

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Transformers the Movie will always hold a special place in my heart. See, it's not just that I love Transformers - this was the first movie I ever saw in a cinema. My father took me one fine evening to see this movie, and I remember not even being heavy enough back then to properly sit in the chairs at the cinema. The movie captured my imagination, and I became a fan of Hot Rod - not Rodimus Prime, though. Just the flash sports car Autobot cavalier. I remember getting his toy - the Targetmaster version - for a birthday years after, and treasuring it as a favourite, and wishing for a Unicron toy (a wish that was finally granted in 2003).

It's a movie that I've watched time and again, and I've enjoyed considerably. For me, it's stood the test of time, and I'm very proud to be able to write this article for TFW to express why I love the movie so much.

11. Starfire22

Starfire22 The PoohFather

News Credits:
    One movie that I've almost worn my DVD out over. (20th anniversary edition)

Happy 30th. :) 

12. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like how my birthday happen to be on the same date as when TF TM release that i think is a win on itself

13. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still the best! It was the 1st movie I ever saw in theaters. So happy to have grown up with this and I still watch it today.

14. seanlockyer

seanlockyer UCF: The REAL 2017 National Champions

Ebay:
    If they had kept Optimus, Starscream, and Ironhide much of that shock would not of been so overbearing. At least it would of been to me...

Shame that only BB, Soundwave, and a few of the cassettes were the only first episode characters that had speaking roles in season 3....

15. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 TFW2005 Supporter

Nice! I like to think that Wheeljack blew himself up with a crazy invention, rather than being picked off by someone else. :p 

16. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love this movie. Cant believe that its been 30 years.

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Oh no he's got to go! go go my budget!

News Credits:
    wow time flys. damn i feel old

18. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Wow 30 years ago. Sadly I couldn't share that kind of experience like others. I wasn't born for another ten years but I did end up watching this only a few years ago (09, 2010?). Rented it on Netflix and was blown away by it. Of course at the time I had only seen the first season from a rental store thats now closed so at the time I had no idea who guys introduced in Season 2 like Blaster & Perceptor were and thought they were new guys like Hot Rod and crew. It was shocking I will say to see Optimus die(and not long after I watched ROTF and saw Prime die again!), heck I was stunned that they killed Ironhide! One of my favorites, and they did it again to Ratchet & Starscream! It took me a while to realize that they killed Wheeljack or know who Windcharger was. It has its flaws but it is a darn entertaining film.

19. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Royal Red

News Credits:
    I'll never forget watching this for the first time in 2006. My Step Dad at the time said he had the movie where Optimus Prime died. I had seen the episode of Armada at the time and thought it was that so I agreed to watch it. Even though my 8 year old self had only known G1 Optimus Prime for about 10 minutes I cried. I loved Rodimus Prime, and three years later I finally got ahold of G1 for the first time.

Great read man.

20. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    good movie but series after movie had its many problems prime rebirth again only to be dead again and prime dead body was found by humans in spaceship headed toward sun theres explaination that made no sense that tied into movie and annoying humans with daneial i can deal with wheelie ryhming it was blaster and jazz that started whole talk rhyming talk in first place, and kup and rodimus not remembering quintisons but kup remembrs other battels