Happy 1st Aniversary DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Jun 29, 2012.

1. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    it have been 1 year since DOTM! :) 

2. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Great action scenes.

I hope some other posts don't consist of:
    -F*** them
    -I hated
    -They can go to hell

3. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DOTM, epic movie. I love it and will always be one of my favorite movies. Has my favorite movie line too, "Time to find out!" That was freaking epic.

4. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    One of the best films I've seen in the past year or so.
    Awesome action sequences.
    Sentinel is just... epic :D 

I still remember sitting in the movie theater. :)  To me, it honestly doesn't feel like it was a whole year ago. Feels like it was a few months ago.

5. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So weird that its been a year! Seeing it with a huge group of friends was awesome, and we all enjoyed it! The best TF movie, and one of my favorite movies ever!

6. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I remember when Bumblebee kill off Soundwave,and Sentinel go Saxton Hale on the Autobots.

7. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    The first TransFormers movie I saw in the theater, and I went to see it twice! :lol  Once this night one year ago, and the second time I took my girlfriend and my best friend to see it at the local theater. Ah, memories... :) 

8. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

the first transformers film of the 3, that actually ticks more of the boxes right. I have followed a few film reviewers on youtube, and 3 or 4 of them, filmmasteradams, blowshimselfupdude, daftboy, all 3 of these guys completely destroyed ROTF with their reviews. They hated ROTF, but we saw a change in the wind in all 3

All 3 liked and loved DOTM. Here is what daftboy said to me about DOTM
    I thought Transformers 3 was a really solid popcorn flick. I didn't mind the parents as much because they came in, told some really off color jokes and then went away. The editing has some massive issues because the pacing is all off in the opening, but once it gets going in the second half and they're all in Chicago, the movie is pretty awesome.

I was glad to see the twins were gone, I didn't mind Wheelie and his friend Brains. I thought they were critical to the story and interesting. I liked the on the nose reference of Spock as Sentinel Prime in the beginning when Wheelie was watching Star Trek and said "I've seen this one, it's the one where Spock goes crazy".

I also thought as a theatrical film it was the best 3D movie I'd ever seen. The fact they brightened up the image for the 3D projection so the glasses didn't dim your viewing experience was really smart. I also think that Bay's cinematography skills increased 10 fold. The guy knows how to frame a shot and didn't feel the need to go crazy with a shaky camera. That was great. IT almost feels like a different director.

filmasteradams said michael bay redeamed himself with DOTM, he said bay made a good transformers movie. He loved the film, where he thought the villains were great, he thought they were a threat, and the plot was very simple. And he panned ROTF, like he wanted to murder bay

blowshimselfupdude, who has slated bays work of ROTF he hated the film, even he said this was an enjoyable movie, he said he enjoyed the film and he had a very good time with this film, not without its flaws, but he felt he could follow the plot of the film, and it falls onto the catagory of dumb fun action movie.

So it showed baypleased some of hiss harshest critics

9. ShOcKwAvE1213

10. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

Happy Anniversary Dark of the Moon!!!! :D 

I Remember Waiting all day for the 8:40 special showing in IMAX 3D But when the movie was about to start,
    the staff of the theater came in and said that they were having some issues with it, and wouldn't be able to show it in till the midnight showing :( 

so i had to wait a few more hours for it, and it was well worth the wait! My family Loved it and so did I!!,
    the whole rest of night I Couldn't Sleep because the Awesomeness I Had Just Seen :tongue: 

11. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  12. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    My God, has it been that long? Things have certainly changed around here. I remember when this was all spoilers as far as the eye could see.

First person who gets that reference gets a cookie.

13. ShOcKwAvE1213

My thoughts exactly.

14. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Dear God time flies.

But last night was one year for me. Going to the Midnight showing kicked ass. And what a night that was.

15. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Big Green Dead?

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Best Film Yet. The Voice Cast was Magnifcent. Plus We saw the Wreckers in Action.

16. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

When I first saw DOTM, I experienced a feeling that I'd never felt before.
    I was actually watching a film I wanted to see, to start with. I wasn't being dragged along to watch Harry Potter and the Boring First Hour or something.
    I was metaphorically shitting myself, I was like 'holy fakkin jesus I'm actually watching DOTM'.
    However, I've learned not to read spoilers as the whole Sentinel thing ruined the film somewhat as I already knew the basic plot.
    I can ever remember quoting Roadbuster with my dad, and when that cybertron sequence at the beginning came on I was like 'holy christ on a bike'.
    Best film experience ever.

17. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    *Neither did Avengers. Avengers domestic gross so far is $600 million. It didn't make $600 million in the United States alone. ;) 

But I get what you're saying, yeah. That is a shame. But then again, neither did any of the Star Wars, Iron Man, Harry Potter, Pirates, Shrek, LOTR, Twilight, Jurassic Park or Pixar films. You know, the other super awesome giant blockbuster smash hits. And people don't seem to hold that against them. :p  Doesn't seem to make them any less of a movie because of it.

But I forgot. A movie's financial success is only important when it beats out Bayformers.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy for both of their successes, and won't deny that Avengers was both financially more successful and critically better received. :)  )

18. ShOcKwAvE1213

Going to the midnight showing was killer, man!

Don't bring Avengers into this!!!!

19. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Happy anniversary DOTM! I like DOTM a lot, but I can't wait for the fifth anniversary of TF1. The first Transformers movie is still in my top five favorite movies of all time.

20. Driskull98

Driskull98 World's Only Snarler Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Too bad no one gives a fuck.