Handheld organizer options

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Bryan, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Recently decided I'm never given Palm another goddam dime. But I love having an electronic organizer and need to get a new one.

'Sides Palm (and it's sub-brands like Treo), what are the other handheld organizer options out there?

I've used the Windows-based ones and think they're just a little too much for me, both price-wise and in complexity.

What other options are out there? Any recommendations?

2. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    The other options are relatively inexpensive, but you get what you pay for. I have a pocket pc cell phone and it has a lot I never use, but plenty I do. You could go for an IPhone or IPod touch?

3. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I managed to get a great deal on an XDA Orbit II (one of the HTC-made Pocket PC phones) recently. Absolutely love it. :) 

Wasn't 'Treo' the name given an old Mitsubishi-made Windows-powered PDA phone circa 2001?

4. Lasbrook

Lasbrook Well-Known Member

If you're looking to consolidate devices a smartphone might be the way to go. Blackberry is pretty much king in that field, their latest phone to be released, the Blackberry Bold is pretty damn sexy. What does it for me is full office support. Only downside is it's not out yet and i think is AT&T exclusive for a bit.

http://gizmodo.com/389384/blackberry-bold-aka-9000-officially-official

5. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I don’t know the details off hand but they have added a lot of business functions to the new iPone as well as the ability to sink that data with you’re PC/ Mac. It might be something to investigate.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  6. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    I was quite fond of the Sony series but they have long since stopped making them.

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, the issue with the phone option is that I like to seperate my devices.

I'm kind of a Luddite about it. I have two phones, one for Atlanta and one for everywhere else, and they're both about as simple as phones get. I feel like simple = less likely to have problems, and I'm pretty touchy about maintaining comms everywhere I go.

Plus, a big portion of my future career involves working places where phones don't work, so what's the point in spending extra money on it?

--But after looking around, it looks like it's Palm, Apple iSomething, or a smartphone.

Goddamit.

8. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I think the golden age of digital organizers is gone and every one is going to smart phones.