Customs: hand info/questions

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by DMcB360, Oct 14, 2010.

1. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

hey guys everyone likes great hands for customs, but where are the best sources for articulate hands? which gundam kits are cheap and available that are around voyager and deluxe scale? or what other lines of models or just plain good parts? any info would be great!

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless they are expensive the low end mg series suck for making hands.

Leader class optimus from the first movie works, some alternators, masterpieces and....gears deluxe class of which I am modding and casting as we speak.

3. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    do a search in this forum for 'hands'
    this has been brought up many times

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

5. Grepicon

Grepicon Well-Known Member

LOL, go ahead and do a search. You will find at least 2 other threads asking the same question. It keeps getting brought up, because there is no source.

Japanese Hobby shops are all out of stock, and EBAY listings come up - but not in all the sizes people are looking for.

Bandai1/100 Gundam Hands Detail-Up Parts movable - eBay (item 220725359479 end time Feb-13-11 20:37:10 PST)

For the people in the know, I expect a little more compassion, and at least a link to a known source.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wanted-items/357452-articulated-hands-wanted.html

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    A search for "hands" yields quite a few results (7 pages of threads, actually). Certainly thanks for the eBay link, though the Gundam hands have been brought up before as well. Perhaps those hands can work for you and the op here.

Many kitbashers simply buy figures to use for parts. Alternators, for example, have articulated hands. You may not want a whole extra figure for hands, but several kitbashers know the value of having extra bots for bashes.

No one in this thread is withholding "compassion" either. While I can certainly understand your frustration from your Wanted Ad above, I hardly think it's advisable to post in Creative GD or other areas of the Creative section to vent such frustration.

7. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

thanks guys, I may buy some off of ebay once im sure the scale will work out (need RID prime super mode size hands for custom) or Wallace depending which may be a better deal. I really don't have allot of money to throw at parts figures and model kits.

I actually even made 2 prototype parts built sets of hands that worked well enough but were ultimately not good enough.

9. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    The ebay hands are quite skinny and tiny. they are smaller than alternators and binaltech hands.

10. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

I feared as much. ive pretty much given up on articulated hands for this supreme sized custom. he doesnt have anything crazy to hold but Im surprised theres not much out there other than gundam hands that are even too small for their native models height.