Minor/Repaint: Halo Reach Noble Six

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by red4, Sep 25, 2010.

1. red4

red4 Banned

This is a close approximation of what my in-game Six looks like.

Forehead gadget was carved off and sanded down. Olive paint was applied, with a black wash on top. Back and biceps haven't received the wash yet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still a work in progress. The forearms, legs, and hip armor will all be repainted. The whole thing will receive dry-brushed silver for the scuffed effect. I might also remove the grenade pegs. They're useful, but detract from the appearance, imo.

Attached Files:

2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    fantastic... indeed remove the pegs drill tiny hole or hide magnets and your golden! :D 

3. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 ライオコンボイ

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Looks cool, one minor issue though, is that he seems to be missing the canister-magnet on his lower back.

4. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    looks cool. I think it would be cool if a bunch of people posted pictures of their noble 7s customized to look like how they look in the game. As soon as my college classes let up I'm definitely going to toss some paint on mine.

5. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Some people might need to wait for new armor add ons though XD I would need a Recon helmet for mine.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Looks awesome so far, though I really hope they give us the base Mk.V in olive at some point. I'm lucky enough that the color scheme I prefer for my Noble 6 has been made already (though it was a Target Exclusive). I just hope they give us more armor variations, if not armor add-on packs at some point. Would be nice to create my own little team of custom Spartans.

7. red4

red4 Banned

So that's what that is (in the game). Let's call it the
    Cortana Clamp
    or CC for short. I prefer my Six not having the CC because no other Spartan in the entire franchise has one.

For the record:
    Cortana Clamp is not to be confused with Cortana Canister, which actually stores her

But yeah, McFarlane didn't put the CC on any of the Spartan toys because they were produced in conjunction with the trailers - which is why Default Six is dark grey as opposed to dark brown (like in the final game).

8. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    I always wondered why the left that out, and the little ability things on the lower backs too. They're apparently producing jetpacks though in the future, so maybe someday we'll see those parts.

If you don't mind, can you detail how you went about prepping your Spartan for painting? I've had a bunch of H3 McFarlane Spartans sitting around with their armor switched up but I haven't gotten around to painting them yet.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I can't wait for them to produce female Spartans so I can make my Noble Six.

10. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    cool! i wished bungie offered a feature to make you own spartan into a figure. but that also would be expensive.

11. red4

red4 Banned

First take your Spartan apart as much as possible without breaking him. In the case of Noble Six, I removed his head and chest. Wash your hands very thoroughly with soap and water - then do the same to every part of your Spartan. Do a preliminary dry-off with a napkin or towel, then sit him in front of a window or fan for a couple hours until he's totally dry. Make sure your paints are mixed properly just before you start (many tend to settle rather easily). Then grab your Spartan ONLY from the areas you don't intend to paint for 24 hours. In the case of my Spartan, I held him from the legs as I painted his arms and torso. I used a very thin brush - the head is about 1/16 of an inch wide. I use Masters Acrylic paint from Hobby Lobby ($4 per 1/2 ounce bottle). Let your Spartan cure for 24 hours before starting on the parts that haven't been painted yet. The most important tools you'll need are a steady hand and sharp eyes.

12. red4

red4 Banned

UPDATED with better lit pictures:

[​IMG]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Almost finished.

I don't know why my camera darkened these photos so much. The lighting conditions were actually brighter than last time.
    Anyway, all he needs now are lit-up dots on his TACpad, and silver scuffing all over his armor. Oh, and I will give him shoulder armor when I find something suitable.
    [​IMG]

I decided to leave his TACpad silver to suggest he picked it up as an afterthought.
    [​IMG]

Marine isn't missing his left arm. It's just not visible at this angle.
    [​IMG]

Final photos will be better lit, I promise. These dark ones annoy me.

Attached Files:

13. felks22us

felks22us Member

Ebay:
    I know im late to reply , but man he came out great nice job dude . i all ways feel that he is missing something but those color are great on him .

14. JAnGoThaKing

JAnGoThaKing Wrecker

great job, i love reach !

15. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

Nice. They're making this version to be released around Sept, with Cortana tube and Reach Mongoose. You beat McF to it. lol