Halo PC cheat question

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by CdnShockwave, May 16, 2008.

1. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

I just buggered up my single player game of Halo on the PC and ended up erasing an entire level of progress that I had fought long and hard to get. Is there any way to enable cheats temporarily for a game in progress? I'd like to just turn on invincibility and unlimited amo, blast my way back to where I was, and then turn the cheats off. Is this possible?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Custom Edition (freely downloadable bonus thingy) gives you access to a console command system, I believe.

3. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    ...its Halo, we're not talking some hugely epic RPG here. I mean, what'd you lose, half-hour, forty minutes at best?

...unless you were playing on Legendary. Then its a different story. x_x;

4. CdnShockwave

Does that allow you to turn cheats on and off as you please?

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
  6. CdnShockwave

I did it! I beat Halo! Couldn't get any cheats to work so I did from where you have to destroy the three pulse generators, get the captain's implants, and then blow up the ship. Took five hours. Woot! Now I never have to play this game ever again!

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    5 hours from Pulse generators to end?
    Geez, I have a long way to go.
    I just started playing Halo 1 a few days ago on and off, I thought I was close to the end.

This game makes me hate the flood more than I thought was physically possible.
    The plasma pistol in Halo 1 is a death machine. I had no idea it was so butchered as the series went on.

8. Maverick Hunter Christian

News Credits:
    the two pistols in Halo 1 pretty much made you goddamn invincible, then they decided to get all realistic on us...

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Don't really want to hijack this thread, but I don't want to make a new one for it.

I'm at the bit where you are escaping the Forward Unto Dawn as its blowing up.
    This level is a bitch.
    I can't make the fullspeed jump even at fullspeed. Halo 1 Warthogs go about the same speed as Halo 3 Wraiths (not using boost).

Whoever design the interior of the ship is a jerk and clearly never foresaw that you may need to drive vehicles at high-speed (speed, ha, not with these Warthogs) through it.

Whoever told me before that Halo 1's 'Library' is worse than Halo 3's 'Cortana'.
    You were so right.
    That level nearly reduced me to tears, swarm after swarm of neverending flood.

EDIT: Cheers Soundwave.ca!

10. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Gee, that makes it sound like you didnt even have fun with the game.

11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

First of all, you probably mean Pillar of Autumn. And ugh I really don't know how to help you. I mean you just drive and jump. :inquisiti 

Personally I think Cortana and The Library are on the same level (based on Legendary difficulty solo). The Library is long and repetitive, but with some clever playing you can fight your way through. Cortana on Legendary, I honestly don't think there is enough ammo in that level to actually fight your way through. I always just run and hide only fighting when absolutely necessary.

12. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, I did mean that one. I thought it sounded wrong when I was typing it.
    Yeah, I'm used to the Halo 3 warthogs, which have a lot more Traction and speed, compared to the Halo 1 warthogs that appear to have tires coated in oil. Sadly this means I usually under-steer then over-steer to counter it.
    I just need a few more goes. I'll get it in the end.

13. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Well, the big jump is not that hard. Make sure you're just going straght head on.

What the hell is all this "under-steer and over-steer" stuff? Just drive forward, dont flinch and volla! You made it.

14. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Steering is trying to navigate along those curved corridors with pillars in the middle. Continously crashing into the bits sticking out of the walls.
    I'm assuming I must've turned a bit right at the end or something. I don't know.
    The landing killed me, thats all I saw, and when it put me back to the start of the level I just said 'Screw it' and turned of the console.

15. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

They pretty much had to nerf them. Untouched, those two guns would've been a nitemare in matchmaking.

16. CdnShockwave

Well, it just took forever to finish. It goes on longer than an Inuasha story arc.

Well, there were a few parts it took me many attempts to get through. Like when you find the captain and take the implants, it probably took me 16 attempts to make out OUT of the room.

The pistol and the shotgun are the two best weapons, in that order. I can take down a Banshee with eight pistol shots, whereas 600 rounds from the rifle don't do squat. And the Flood seem completely immune to sniper rifle rounds. I unloaded 10 headshots into a Flood guy and nothing. Fortunately one good blast with the shotgun takes out a flood guy in one shot. I'd never have made it through the game without the good ol' shot gun. Seriously, throw the rifle away, it's the worst gun in the entire game.

:lol  Yeah, I hear the pistol for Halo 2 was drastically reduced in punch. I have it for PC... but unfortunately when I bought it I didn't notice it was for Vista only... D'OH! Oh well, I'll have to downgrade to Vista eventually, then I can play Halo 2. Can't use Xbox controlers to save my life.

17. Maverick Hunter Christian

News Credits:
    The Flood always have been immune to sniper fire, they excuse it away in cannon by stating that because their bodies are so soft and spongy, with the rate at which the bullet is traveling, its zipping through the air so fast that it just passes straight through them.

The nice thing about The Flood in Halo 1, is even though they're durable as all get out, their arms can be taken off with ease and without being able to hold a weapon or whip you with their freak hand, they're harmless.

You have no idea. The human pistol was sped up in firing rate, but dramatically reduced in power in Halo 2 -- but was then slowed back down and given a bit more bite again in Halo 3, its a sad, sad tale.

The Plasma Pistol is a joke outside of Halo 1. The single shot, when not being used against a shield does next to no damage, you'll overheat the thing before killing anybody. The charged shot is only good for depleting shields; though... in Halo 3 they added the ability for the charge shot to temporarily disable vehicles, giving it a much more versatile use.

...but yeah, charged shot does no physical damage.

...I normally don't comment on this kinda thing, but it bothers me when people speak of such issues. I rock both PC and Console gaming, its my honest opinion that if you can handle a keyboard and mouse, then you can deal with a couple of sticks and a fistful of buttons.

A buddy of mine up until recently was a dedicated PC gamer, then he got tired of constantly upgrading his rig, so he got himself a 360 and yeah... for a while he struggled with the controller, but he's gotten the hang of it and now far prefers it to PC gaming.

Not to be accusatory or anything, just sayin' that if you're sticking with PC only, I feel you're cutting yourself off from a ton of fun experiences. But, I could be wrong.

18. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

You sound like you know what you're talking about Christian. Therefore I have added you on Xbox Live. We shall play Halo 3 sometime.

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'm sure people have gotten it to run on XP by now. like they have for all the other "vista only" games.

20. CdnShockwave

No doubt mate, no doubt. But I'm not all that good at that kind of thing.