The Mega Construx Mega-Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by jestermon, Jul 23, 2010.

1. halconfenix

halconfenix Through the fire and the flames

Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ok i really need to know.... is there still ANY place where i can get this figs online?

2. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

Online? There's Amazon. Ebay might have them, but they may be a little pricey. :D 

3. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

4. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    I use them with my movie toys. THERE AWESOME. It just sucks that Megas brick quality is lower than Legos. The sets could be a bit better. Figs GREAT though.

5. boxorak

Agreed...although, maybe it's just for game-accuracy (And by that, I mean both aesthetics and size). The figures are good, though.

6. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, it's official I am hooked.

I bought the 2 Brute packs from Target, then a Green Combat unit, though I have to get my Fire Marine replaced by Mega blocks his knee peg snapped right in half i think it was just QC since all the rest are fine.

Then last night I found the Rocket Hog, then I found a GI Joe Alley Viper and the republic cammandos Galactic Heroes, but all I really wanted to get after looking at the Halo stuff again was another Green combat unit to paint white to go with my Rocket Hog, so I got those instead.

With my Wal-Mart discount the first pack was only $9.81 since tax is crazy here like 8-9%, but we went to a town with the 7% we were used to in GA and the 4 pack only cost me $9.63 , a worth while reason to work at WM.

Also, the WM's just made a new modular, and all the Halo stuff seems in stock wherever I go, though I still have never seen the single packs.

Also, if anyone has the Drop pods at their TRU I need them.

7. skywarp

skywarp The extra Autobot

I need to get a drop pod or two as well. But I much prefer the large veheicals. I will have pics when I update my collection pics. But with the pelican and shortsword, I just ran out of room on my shelf for them. Which means they will be fighting Gundam for shelf space.

As for quality the bricks have been fine to me, and much cheaper than lego. Also the builds seem strong and sturdy. My 4 year old daughter loves palying with the warthogs and has not broken one yet.

8. skywarp

skywarp The extra Autobot

I do not display any of the guys with mine, so if some one is interested . I am willing to part with some of mine.

9. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

While trolling around for PCC wave 2, I stumbled over the newer USNC Mongoose/Covenant Turret set. For ten bucks I couldn't resist.

Few pieces I didn't have before - the Spartan has a sniper rifle, and the Elite an energy sword; that and the varietly of transparent blue for the turret is pretty neat. I find the design a little weird, Elite dude has trouble actually sitting down in the turret and reaching the handgrips. Doable, but it takes some finagling.

I really dig the little ATV. Looks pretty mean even though I didn't put all the stickers on, and it gives the Spartan a place to steady his rifle - the set actually has a random 2x4 camo brick that's pointed out for this, but I tacked that onto the red weapons cache for a little more cover.

Skipped most of the stickers on the turret too, mostly because of the fourteen itty-bitty lights that are supposed to go on the base. Slapped a couple on for glowy detail elsewhere, but dang. Them and the little one-plate-wide hazard strips...those go in the file for something a bit less fiddly.

Worth the price, IMO, fiddly stickers or not.

10. jestermon

News Credits:
    Teh stickers are nice to because they can peel off and go right back on, I use the corner of a sticker sheet to place mine and these were very forgiving, the odd amount of clear sticker on them is random sometimes, I used scissors to cut off excess.

I broke down and bought the Arctic Warthog and Ghost, these things are awesome and well worth $20 since the Mongoose is $10.

The Ghost is nice but the guys can't hold the sticks the way they are, I trimmed the sticks so they rotate upwards and can be posistioned, I will post a little picture it makes the handle bars actually useful.

Teh warthog is fantastic, there are random bits left over that I put under the windshield for random details.

I have to get that Wolverine next it comes out fall I believe.

11. CyrDraconis

Interested to see the pic - is the Ghost in that set different than the wave 1 standalone Ghost? From the box pics, the front end is different. Also curious how the rocket 'hog compares to the standard green one - if only the turret's different, heck, I got the Vulcan from the special weapons pack that I can swap out.

And I can't fault MB for a lack of extra parts - the leftover bits and bobs I've put to good use tacking onto the weapons stations that can with the red Spartan and Brute singles to start building up mini-bases.

Edited in - which one is the Wolverine? If that's the missile truck, the green one's already out; you're right about the arctic camo version being upcoming, though.

12. jestermon

News Credits:
    It's the badass lookibg thing with the 8 missiles, the Green Wolverine came out a while back I believe, the Arctic stuff is all the new line, it's supposed to come out in Fall.

Man I should have went down the block isle a long time ago.

I hope they will make some more Desert stuff to go with that older Scorpion Vehicle I got to get that thing as well.

13. CyrDraconis

Might check your local TRU, if you have one - saw the Arctic Wolverine today while I was out looking around. They also had another army pack that I hadn't seen before - I must admit too much amusement now; Target gets the red exclusives...and TRU apparently gets blue.

14. boxorak

I think they also get the ODST drop pods as well.

15. jestermon

News Credits:
    I need those pods, I found out from a modular paper I found in store that they are indeed still active items and they had just sold out on the 17th.

I thought they had came and went a while back but apparently they are still loose in the wild.

If anyone gets them I will pay cost + shipping, though it would have to be my next check.

16. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    anybody spot those mystery packs? I cant find them anywhere..and I been looking!

I will trade a Cyan Sparting for the blue mysterypack is anyone has one.

17. jestermon

News Credits:
    Stumbled upon the Target Transport Hog.

It's very nice.

Attached Files:

18. Bashaa

Bashaa Well-Known Member

Where can I find the ODST packs at?

19. jestermon

News Credits:
  20. jestermon

News Credits:
    Has anyone else found the single packs?

They seem to be at WM and Toys R Us.

I really need an Active Cammo Spartan if anyone is good enought to hook me up with one thanks.