Halo Live-Action Footage (Possible Movie Push?)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ViperDragon, Aug 29, 2007.

1. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

I didn't see a thread on this anywhere (via the search engine).

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/04648508/halo_live_action_pics_and_video.html

Quote from the website: "While it seems that this footage is to be used as promotion for the upcoming Halo 3 release, rumors persist that it is actually test footage to be shown to investors in hopes of reviving production of the canceled Halo movie."

Looks interesting and the Warthog is spot-on. Also, the gun fire looks pretty close to what the Convenant would use. There are 4 pages of pictures and a small video.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Pretty rad, I wonder if it's for the upcoming TV blitz Halo 3 will be receiving? Seems weird that nobody thought about that little nugget :3

3. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

What's the TV Blitz thing you speak of?

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Weta and Neal Blomkapf (or however you spell it) are doing live-action Halo commercials for Halo 3.

5. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Bungie did say there were going to be more of these. I do believe its a way to try and get the movie going again. They said the CG commercial was partly made in hopes that Hollywood would see it and get off their asses too.

They're pretty cool but definatley low budget. Also a little too dirty for me. I understand its a war but its just so over done its a little dstracting to me.