Halo figures

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by JPCERTIFIED, Sep 3, 2007.

1. JPCERTIFIED

JPCERTIFIED Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anybody else here collect Halo figures besides transformers?

2. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    I bought the first Halo 5-pack with Master Chief, the 2 Marines, and the 2 Jackals to see how they were...

AND I WILL NEVER BUY THEM AGAIN. THEY WERE ABSOLUTE CRAP.

As far as my experience with the 3-incher 5-packs go, they are not well engineered and are fragile! The articulation on the jackals and the 2 marines is perfectly fine (no breakage happening there), but Chief is AWFUL.

My first Chief literally tore apart in my hands after I carefully moved his joints. The joints most susceptible to breaking are his shoulder and hip joints because they are molded from soft blue plastic (the hell!?!?). His head articulation does not feel that strong either.

Anyways, long story short, I exchanged my broken Chief from the 5-pack for a new 5-pack and since then only display them or keep them in their package. And when I pose them, I move Chief very carefully and don't move his joints/limbs too far out. The 2 marines and 2 jackals on the other hand, are sturdy and can be moved around just fine. But they are all really more like "display pieces" than action figures.

I never bought any more after that, So I cannot tell you how the regular sized figures are.

But, I AM looking forward to McFarlane Toys's Halo toy line. Hopefully the quality of their toys will be better than Joyride's.

I own a PS2, but I have played Halo 1 & 2 with my friends on their XBOX and 360 consoles.
    Both games are very very fun but I'm not giving my money to Billion-dollar Microsoft until they fix the quality issues with their 360's (Red Ring o' Death) and give us free online like Sony does. However this doesn't mean I won't pick up Halo for the PC.:wink: 

Huh, now that i think of it, I really should go get Halo for my new PC. I should more than be able to run the game with no problems.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Have a few

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    ^ How's the quality (durability) on those Chaos?

My experience with the first 5-Pack kinda made me stay away from all the rest.

And I could never find an original Master Chief figure. If I did, then I would have bought him too.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

It's ok I guess. Feels kind of hollow but otherwise he's pretty sturdy

6. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I like the spartans, and that with prime in that pic they fit nice

7. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah I have a few. I am waiting for the new Halo 3 figures by McFarlane.

8. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

[​IMG]

I went through an RvB phase as you can see by my Spartan choices.

The little guys weren't too hot, but the big guys are great.

9. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

I bought the Master Chief two years ago. He's alright, but lacks articulation. I find that to be the primary flaw in all Mcfarlin toys, they're more like sculptures with four points of articulation.

10. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I bought what I assume to be the last version of Master Chief figure that Joyride did. He came with the Flood infection form, a shotgun and a pistol. The pistol actually has a removable clip which is pretty freaking cool to me. The one I got is very cool and pretty nicely articulated. My only complaint would be that the ball-jointed hands are floppy but I believe that's intentional. Anyway yeah, that one's nice. I haven't bought any of the others. I am looking forward to McFarlane's Master Chief too. He looks to have Marvel Legends style articulation. I only hope he comes with a bunch of weapons. I kinda need weapon variety for that character.

11. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I've got a white MC that I got a few years ago. Its the model of armour form the first halo.

Very well articulated, about 8 inches high, and came with an Assault Rifle an d Flamer. I loved it

12. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    I have two figures from Halo2. I've got Master Chief, and the Arbiter. The Arbiter is huge and awesome, and towers over Master Chief. He's really great.

13. atomictophat

atomictophat Well-Known Member

Is that Donut from RvB in the Warthog?

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That would explain where he was going near the series end, and look! There's sister on the turret!:lol