Halo 3 Legendary Map Pack.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by jdre_124, Feb 21, 2008.

1. DWN013

DWN013 Holy crap in a pita!

Holy crap that snow scorpion looks awesome. And its about time they nerfed the hornet, that thing was way too overpowered.

2. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'd be up for Legendary, if I didn't suck.

Also, yes TFW does need to come back to Halo. Take a break from CoD4.

3. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

Dirge, in Co-Cop as long as you half decent and so are the others you can manage these levels you'd be suprised how much easier legendary is made by average players who alone play on normal or heoric. (I usally group myself int o a some what crappy end of Halo skill cause I mainly play on normal when along but I have noticed I can kick ass in the campaign at times on legendary.

4. Dirge121

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, I did it with 3 of us playing on Heroic. We also had a fourth guy as the Arbiter with nobody actually controlling him, so if we died we would respawn with him (out of combat) rather than last checkpoint.

That last level is a bitch with multiple Warthogs, if one gets even slighty behind, the platform collapses entirely and you go down with it.

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

The more you suck, the funnier it is.

6. Dirge121

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Oh indeed, Halo gets funnier when the only forward movement you make is from being blown up by a Wraith (though thats just Tsavo Highway) :lol 

Also, nothing could make playing through 'The Covenant' funny. So many times I've had to play that level, only for it to erupt in a violent orgy of teamkilling halfway through, ending in someone (usually the person who started TK'ing) quitting and ending the game.

The lift shafts are just a death trap. I have to keep moving to avoid being stuck.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    If I ever do get X-box live, I'll get these maps and the Heroic map pack. Though I don't know if I can justify X-box Live just for the maps alone, would kinda be a waste since I wouldn't actually use X-box live.:lol 

8. Dirge121

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    You wouldnt want to play with us? *sniff*

9. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm no good at Halo.:(  I just finished beating the game on Heroic, there's no way I could competently play against you guys. Though if I do get X-box live for whatever reason, I will be sure to give a shout out and play all of you.

10. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

The. More. You. Suck. The. Funnier. It. Is.

JOIN US.

11. Dirge121

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Dude, seriously, as Unosock, Master of Puppets, Hollywood Hoist and Gnaw can tell you; I suck major balls at Halo. I still play, I still have fun. On my own I didn't even manage Normal campaign.

I gotta side with Twist on this. If you suck hard, it gives major lulz. If I turn a corner and get gunned down by a shotgun, I laugh as I watch the guy that killed me steal my weapons. If I get splattered by a vehicle, I laugh (bonus lulz if the vehicle is being driven by your own team), etc.

EDIT: Also, dont play against us, play with us. Let us start Team TFW!

12. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Well, that does make it sound fun. But it's not like I can just sign up tomorrow, It'd take a while to collect funds, buy the gear, set it up etc...

13. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Hm. On one hand I love Halo and these maps look like the sex.
    On the other hand I despise how it takes a full clip of ammunition from standard assault weapons to even start to put someone down. COD4 has spoiled me.

14. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    ??? What Halo are you playing? A single clip of AR can eat through shields and put down any (regular) player IIRC.

Though usually, you're supposed to use more than one weapon or combos. It's faster and cooler.

Okay, so I'm looking at my little X-box live book, and I'm looking at the silver account thing. It doesn't actually let you play multiplayer (which is kinda dumb, but it's free so hey) which can get me the maps, and I can uprade to Gold whenever!

So seriously, I know as much about X-box live as I do about cold fusion. It's name and that the majority of people think it's good. So do I go out and buy some little thing from like, oh say, Zellers and plug it in?

Mmmm... Online. Though my Box would have to be downstairs because I have no internet in my room.

15. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I'm playing the Halo where people dodge and move. People are constantly moving, jumping and shooting which makes it rather bothersome to put some lead in them. It just bores me to tears. When I play COD4 I can successfully fend off more than one opponent but in Halo it takes that full clip to waste one guy and the whole time I'm focused on him his buddy is pumping me full of lead.
    Maybe I've just went off Halo. I'm a big fan of the universe itself so I find it kind of frustrating to read the fiction where the Spartan's go around slotting people in a somewhat realistic and tactical manner then I come on XBL and it's a bunch of loonies running and gunning across the map.

16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's kinda the whole point. When you're shooting a moving target you have to actually think and react to beat him. Just shooting by holding the trigger down doesn't do the trick surprisingly. That's the whole point of the combat. Just shooting a guy once and he dies gets boring after the first three times.

Remeber, you have grenades, plasma weapons, rockets, missles, hammers, swords, snipers, shotguns etc... you don't have to use one gun.

Then you just need to find more experienced and competent players if your past that. With the millions of people who play X-box live I find it quite impossible that they're all the looning buffoons you describe.

But who am I to explain this to you? You probably know all this. You're probably just numb to Halo, like a limb of yours that has fallen asleep and now you can't work the T.V. remote without looking right at it or something.

17. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Just because you download them doesn't mean you'll get to play on them. Look how much use we got out of the Heroic Map Pack, I.E. not much.

I bought the Heroic Map Pack on Day 1, and outside of the occasional custom game or foray into the DLC playlist(unranked to boot), I've hardly gotten any use out of them. They've never come up in regular matchmaking. I feel I didn't get my money's worth.

All the cheapskates out there that didn't buy the maps really ruined things. As a result I don't know if I'll buy the Legendary Map Pack. Fool me once...

18. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    QFT. Even when the maps go free there will still be people that will not fucking download the maps, so your still going to have several instances of the map failing to load because one player forgot the maps went free.

19. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Wrong, the maps will become mandatory downloads when they become free. It happened with Halo 2, I'm sure it'll happen with 3.

20. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Good because right now it sucks paying for something you can't use.