Halloween

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newguy, Oct 29, 2008.

1. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Your friend on the far left looks very much like Wilmer Valderama.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah he does.

3. awful_gollum

awful_gollum Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Here’s how my Halloween of 2008 went:

During the morning, I began reading Howard Phillips Lovecraft’s “The Call of Cthulhu”, as well as listen to the Halloween 2008 edition of Morning Café on the classical music radio station. The radio station soon played Garrison Keeler’s Writer’s Almanac, in which Keeler gave a summary of Halloween’s history. I then continued to read more of “The Call of Cthulhu’, but then I stopped when I was approaching the third section of the story.

After that, I watched some Don & Murph episodes on Youtube that were perfectly suitable for Halloween. The episodes included Don & Murph Trapped in Saw (Saw spoof), Don & Murph Get Lost in the Mist (The Mist spoof), and Don: The Last Man On Earth (I Am Legend spoof). After that, I went upstairs and watched my mother make pumpkin pie in the kitchen. Once the two pies were done, she and I commenced to making Halloween cupcakes for the Halloween party we would be attending that night.

It was during the afternoon that I then got to pumpkin carving. I decided to do a traditional jack-o-lantern face since it would be quick and easy. I originally wanted to do a Cthulhu design, but it would have taken too much time. Fortunately, I still have two other pumpkins still uncarved, which I will carve sometime before Thanksgiving as a tribute to the Autumn season. So I got to work, and in about two hours I had successfully carved an excellent jack-o-lantern which I obviously named Jack. My grandfather loved Jack and had him by his beside as he glowed elegantly in the dark.

Once the sun had gone down, it was time to go to Trunk-or-Treat. (It’s this event at the local community center. Kids go from car trunk to car trunk gathering candy. Since all the houses are spread far apart where I live.) I went dressed up as a LotR Nazgul with my Cthulhu hand puppet accompanying me. So I got to give candy to kids and see them dressed up in costume. The candy I gave out included: Butterfingers, Butterfinger Crisps, Skittles (my favorite candy), Twix, Snickers, M&M’s Minis, Milky Ways, Dots, Tootsie Roll Pops, and fruit flavored Tootsie Rolls.

Even though I got a good share of trick-or-treaters, they were really afraid of my costume, but they really liked the Cthulhu puppet. In fact, two of the adults at the event actually recognized Cthulhu. I even got to do a tiny bit of trick-or-treating myself, since a nice lady told me I could come by her car trunk for some candy (Cthulhu picked out a small bag of Reese’s Pieces and a regular Tootsie Roll).

After the event, it was then time to go to the Halloween party my whole family was invited to attend. It was a really fun party, since there were so many people to chat with, there was a variety of good food, fun music playing, and I got to go around filming like Hud in Cloverfield. Two of the kids I saw at Trunk-or-Treat were also at the party.

We came home around 9:00PM and from there on I did some stargazing, ate some pumpkin pie, checked out my leftover Halloween candy, listened to Halloween appropriate music (which I had done all day), finished reading “Call of Cthulhu”, drank some hot cocoa, and watched a Youtube of the Bloop.

Overall, it was the best Halloween ever!!!:D 

Here's a pic of me & Cthulhu from that night:
    [​IMG]

Here's a photo from Halloween of 07 (the camera's date was set wrong):
    [​IMG]

4. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf