Halloween II

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by hellrasinbrasin, Jun 23, 2009.

1. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Awesome. I really liked the first one he did. Gave more of a backstory than the originals.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    </3

First was completely unnecessary, and really just not that great. I've no issues with Zombie giving a different look at the franchise, but it just didn't work in my opinion.

Also, he wears his mask in that poster than he will in the film.

Yeah...Michael Meyers not wearing his trademark mask, joy.

4. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

I enjoyed Halloween-Z more than I thought I would. It helped that I did not see it until recently, so my expectations were about as low as they could be. Zombie's fingerprints were all over the story, most notably in the first 15 minutes, which I found the most awkward (it only here that we realize Zombie's Myers is a radical reinterpretation of the character - once they hit the institution, he's more like the MM we remember, but the taint is already there).

As for the sequel, there is nothing noteworthy in any of the subsequent Michael Myers films (indeed, the best Halloween sequel was H3:SotW), so I don't care if Zombie chooses to take the character off the rails. Sticking to the classic "shape" didn't work - maybe a radical departure will.

The Carpenter original is still unblemished.

5. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    The Carpenter version is classic but everything after the original Halloween 2 was feces, especially H3. I watched Rob Zombie's version of Halloween about a week ago and I was really pleased. In my opinion, RZ did a great job. I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

6. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

In my opinion, there's no touching the original classic by John Carpenter. Where he created suspense, paranoia and overall atmosphere to tell his story about a killer who is not a man, but a force of nature, Rob Zombie hit you over the head with a 2x4.

That said, I liked Zombie's reboot for what it was. I liked the look into Michael's backstory but felt the movie became less of a reboot and more of a remake once he returned to Haddonfield. And those damn kids were so annoying, I was rooting for him to kill them all!

The only real problem I had with Zombie's first Halloween is that Michael Myers went into Smith's Grove Sanitarium a chubby little kid and came out a giant, hulking beast. Zombie rooted Michael Myers in reality with his movie, yet there's no way Michael could have gotten that big in the real world without a gym and a trainer and what kind of sanitarium would allow it's inmates to work out?

Halloween II appears to be Zombie's chance to really let loose with the character, since the first movie was so reliant upon what John Carpenter had created. I'm curious to see where he's going with this one and will definitely go see it. Hopefully Rob Zombie will leave Halloween behind, move on and do his own thing after this one.

7. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    After not liking a single aspect of his first one, I will not be watching this.

8. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

I swear I think RZ tries to make the worst movie ever and then tries to top himself with his next one, and the fact that Michael won't hardly even have his mask, they won't use the original music, its almost like generic redneck killer Zombie movie, why not just call it something else. Easy pass for me.

9. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I enjoyed the first one, and I hope to enjoy this one too

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    as long as he doesn't remake Halloween III: Season of the Witch I don't care.. That movie should be buried...

11. FriskyPinewood

FriskyPinewood Well-Known Member

Love the Carpenter film. Scared the crap out of me when I saw it in its original release, literaly! But everything after has been crap IMO...Even Rob's remake/reboot/reimagining...some things are better left unexplained.;) 

12. hellrasinbrasin

I like the Halloween Franchise alot and I agree that there have been sum bad intries in the series ... cough Season of the With cough... cough... and the one after H20 which was the last strong intry before the last bad film that came out before THE NEW FILMS STARTED.

[Halloween - Series 1]

[01] Halloween
    [02] Halloween II
    [03] Halloween IV
    [05] Halloween V
    [06] Halloween VI
    [07] H20

[Halloween - Series 2]

[01] Halloween
    [02] Halloween II

13. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I don't consider Halloween III: Season Of The Witch to be a part of the Halloween franchise. My dvd collection jumps from II to IV.

14. hellrasinbrasin

You're Right we all forgot about III & VIII And SOMEHOW ENDED BACK AT I AGAIN

15. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Carpenter's 1 and 2 were classic, they still work and are still Scary, some times less is more.

16. FriskyPinewood

FriskyPinewood Well-Known Member

Just a correction. Carpenter only directed the first one. He was just a producer and writer on the second one.

17. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Yes but he was still heavily involved and it shows. Honestly with horror movies the less you show, the scarier it is, when you show what happens it's scary, but not as scary as what the viewer can imagine.

18. Jefrey8395

Jefrey8395 Mr.COG

.....holy s**t!