Halloween Comic Fest 10/27/18

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by ILoveDinobot, Oct 26, 2018.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot That moment when you realize I'm someone's mom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  2. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    We done. She filled her bucket with comics lol. 20181027_104233.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  3. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    I'm so glad to see someone else attending Halloween ComicFest!

Did you and your little one have a good time? Did you pick up many of this year's free comics?

Ms. Shattered Trousers & I got dressed up and went to our local comic shop (she was Mavis from "Hotel Transylvania") to pick up a couple of the exclusive comics.

I would like to say it was fun, but in truth we were the only ones who came dressed in costumes, which takes a lot of the treat out of the event. Most customers who came in didn't even know it was Halloween ComicFest and had to be told that there were free comics they were entitled to choose from.

In any event, I'm glad my comic shop of choice participated. From what I understand, most comic shops in my city chose not to participate at all.

~L~

• Like Like x 1
  4. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well my LCS was having a costume contest, no winner picked yet, wish me luck. There was a kid in a transforming Optimus costume, so... that's like an automatic win, I'm sure. We got a ton of comics, but I was only interested in Over The Garden Wall, and more popular names, ie: Spidey, Thor, Hellboy. My daughter like the Aspen Mascot activity book comic.

5. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    Best of luck to ya! ;) 

The "Superior Spider-Man" #1 reprint was a must-have for me. I'm a huge Peter Parktopus fan!

I'm not sure if you picked it up (and I guess it's too late now to recommend grabbing the free sampler), "Hollow Fields" is a great one. The creator, Madeline Rosca, is from Australia (the same state as me, though certainly not local to me) and her book is supremely entertaining.
    It's about a regular young girl who accidentally finds herself attending a boarding school for the children of mad scientists and super villains to learn the family business.

"W.I.T.C.H." is easily my pick for best value for money out of all the free books. The art loses something, being printed in gray scale instead of full colour, but it's hard to scoff at 64 pages of story content for free!

~L~

• Like Like x 1