Halloween 2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by decepticreep312, Sep 23, 2012.

1. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

halloween 2012

2. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds pretty ambitious. I've already got my costume (Mal Reynolds from Firefly and Serenity) planned out. I'll have black boots, khaki pants (preferably with black stripes down the sides, but I don't know if I'll be able to add those yet), a red shirt, a belt (preferably with a holster, but I don't know if I'll be able to get ahold of one yet), some suspenders, and of course a brown duster coat. So far I own all the parts except for the coat (which I have found but haven't gotten around to ordering) and the holster (which I haven't found). I'm also planning to get a toy gun and paint it to look like his gun in the show, since prop replicas are a bit out of my price range.

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I'm in the process of building a proton pack. Lots to do still.

4. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I remember seeing a real awesome Iron Man costume online. It had a working flip down visor that lights up when it comes down. It is absolutley wicked.

5. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's been several members who've posted their Halloween Costumes in the Radicons section...just search using that description and the threads will pop up...I could swear I remember someone working on their Iron Man mask and posting wip pics. Also you'll see tons of TF costumes as well.

Good luck.

Examples:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/468594-halloween-2011-costume-wips.html?highlight=Halloween

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/485943-my-daughters-zekrom-costume.html?highlight=Halloween

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/482185-my-sons-haloween-costume.html?highlight=Halloween

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/288037-starscream-costume.html?highlight=Halloween

6. Riltht

Riltht Full-Time Doomsayer

As am I, although I don't think I'll be near finished for this year.

7. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I don't go out trick or treating.

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    I'm currently making gurren lagann, though its for cosplay at a convention, not for halloween

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Optimus1138

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That looks like it's going to be insanely awesome. Make sure you post pics when it's completed. What are you making the feet out of that's strong enough that you can stand on it? Or will your feet go inside those things when it's done?

10. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    I just finished my granny smith human version for the anime con AWA. I prob will go as that for halloween too

11. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Probably not this year as I don't have the funds, but I do wanna start making costumes/props one day. I wanna make a Bioshock Big Daddy costume and some ODST Armor and possibly some other stuff. Not too much though, my thoughts are to use them as decor in my gaming room when I have my own place. Still fun to plan ahead though.

12. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    once i have enough money, i'm gonna start working on a huge Bruticus costume. want it to be 8 or 9 feet tall from ground to head (i'm 6 foot so that'll be easy) and 3 foot long cannons. and to make the arms long enough to be in scale with the legs without figuring out how to move the fingers, i plan to make Blast Off with his flamethrower activated and Vortex with a clenched fist

13. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

Doesn't have to be Halloween. It could be for conventions and stuff. And I really don't know where to start with the Iron Man armor. I'm gonna have trouble trying to make the helmet because it'd be hard trying to make cardboard round.

14. Breakdown96

Breakdown96 ‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

Why could you be my dad, lol.

15. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    my feet will be on top, its is being made out of funfoam. i'll probably use yoga blocks to allow for a stable enough base so the feet don't implode from my weight :lol 

16. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 Some sort of artist

I'm gonna make a G1 Ironhide costume when i get the time

17. Optimus1138

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, I'd like some advice for my costume (specifically, for my gun). Now, Mal's gun in the show/movie looks like this:

[​IMG]

After the first round of searching I did, I found this gun on eBay for under $10 shipped:

[​IMG]

I had been planning to buy some paint to make it look more like the one in the show. When searching for a holster, I came across some much nicer (and made of metal!), and not much more expensive, guns on Amazon:

[​IMG]

The gun itself isn't shaped as much like Mal's gun in the show, and it has those annoying decorations, but it wouldn't require paint, or at least not as much, and of course it comes with a holster. What do you recommend I do? Buying a replica of his gun is way out of my budget. Currently I'm leaning toward getting the one from Amazon since it's more economical and it's probably a much higher quality product.

18. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    I'm planning to be a Assassin's Creed version of Amon from Legend of Korra. Gamestop starts selling wrist blades the day before halloween, plus these swords are cheap yet durable. all i need now is some armour, EL wiring for my mask and hood, plus some nerf tomahawks to go with it.

19. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I'm in my garage cutting out pieces of styrene for the synchronous generator and my roommate walks in for a smoke.

Him: What are you making?
    Me: An unlicensed nuclear accelerator.
    Him: Oh.

20. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    Already planning for a con in march. I am going as ahuman version of primus and my friend is unicron.