Halloween 2011 Costume WIPS

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Altitron, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    My son will be trick or treating this year as G1 Rumble. My cat, Ravage. I might have time to squeeze in a costume for myself... three guesses as to who that might be? :) 

- Alty

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's the best Ravage custom EVAH.

3. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    nice ideas, but i don't like it when animals getting toys for humans, animals do not wear clothes and costumes, please respect that. Animals don't like that.

Will you be finished till Halloween? :) 

4. Superquad7

News Credits:
    LW, we can totally respect your opinion on that. Alty does certainly love his kat, though. I presume no kitties were harmed in this custom :D 

5. PM Longstacks

PM Longstacks Active Member

It's obvious Ravage has his namesake's attitude down! But putting clothes on a cat I have found elicits that response.

6. cnomis

cnomis Well-Known Member

wahaha~~u gotta bring the kitty out there with u? wht a luvly picture, cant wait!! dun forget take some photo back here~~

7. ThinkTank Customs

News Credits:
    @SQ7: do you know that really? cats don't talk human langauge AFAIK. and the kitty looks really pissed...

but enough offtopic, when the mod speaks and say: all is good, all has to be good, I'm out of this thread, it's better for me and others...

8. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    My cats love wearing clothes. I know it's a fact because they are always lounging on the piles of clean laundry.

nice work altitron.

9. SwerveGears

SwerveGears The King of Victory

News Credits:
    :lolol 

10. Altitron

Ebay:
    My cat wasn't upset. She was mildly annoyed, sure, but only because it was her first time wearing the costume and she wasn't exactly thrilled about it at the time. It doesn't cause her any pain or discomfort. It's very loose and she is not restricted in any way. If we take the collars off of our cats, they will find them and bring them back to us to put them back on - so it's not as though she is opposed to the idea of 'wearing' things. I will not lose any sleep over dressing my cat up for one night a year. There's quite the market out there for pet costumes, in case you hadn't noticed.

But fundamentally, I'd argue about animals wearing clothes. Do you have any pets? Do they wear collars? It depends on how you look at things. In the wild, hermit crabs find shells to wear... Anyway, I don't want to turn this silly thing into an ethics or biology debate. To more important matters - TRANSFORMERS

I yield back the balance of my time.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Stay tuned for updates. :) 

- Alty

11. roaddemon2001

roaddemon2001 Mr. fixit

oooh ooh cassette door on your chest with... wait for it.. ravage inside? lmao

12. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heh that chest armor piece is from the dollar store. I used them as leg panels on my movie prime costume last year. Glad someone else saw the potential!

13. ThinkTank Customs

News Credits:
    I know crabs with housing and the stupid animalclothindustrry

For one night, okay, can be accepted, and when you think all is okay only cause there are markets for it out there, you're just fine with all what happened around the world? I ask cause, there is a market for everything out there! Including really bad and stupid things.

And yes I have a animal (bird), and I had several animals in my live, so I know how big is your love for your lil kitty :) 

But. Back to you customs

I think you're doing a great job here, and I hope you can finish it till Halloween :) 

14. Altitron

Ebay:
    Yup! I'm in the process of priming it now. I removed the straps from the back, as it was meant to be a shield. I cut two more slots down the side and will be threading in some elastic bands to go around my son's arms. I still have to cut out the Rumble/Frenzy chest design. That should be going down over the course of this week.

The dollar store rocks. :) 

You and I don't come here to chit chat about the world at large. The last thing that I want to do is to argue with someone over a Transformers forum about trivial things... However, I suppose I don't mind entertaining such discussion when kept civil. To that end... You know, after I posted a reply to you I had to scoot off back to work, and I thought about that very argument during my drive back. You are right to say that just because a market exists for consumers to purchase a product or service does not mean that purchasing said product or service is 'okay'; For instance, slavery. I am sure that we can agree on that being bad. However, fundamentally, goods and services exist because of market demand. Granted, I built the cat's costume myself, but obviously I am fine with companies that produce animal costumes - and by their continued business it could be argued that such demand exists. I suppose what I am saying is that in the end, you, the consumer, decide what is 'good' and what is 'bad' through your making a purchase or not. It is the most powerful, basic tool that you have to exert your personal beliefs on a free market society, because frankly 'good' or 'bad' are at best one's own opinion. More to the point, it is not your place to tell me what is acceptable. In the confines of what we call society, through the vehicle of law, I make my own decisions, and insofar as they do not put anyone else in harm or jeapordy, all is right with the world.

Also, thank you. I should have it all done by the time Halloween rolls around, fingers crossed!

- Alty

15. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    What did your cat do to deserve this.

16. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Have fun, Altitron! Happy Halloween to you and your family!

17. Altitron

Ebay:
    LOL! Oh man, if you only knew! :D 

- Alty

18. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    Awesome LOL

19. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I get pissed when my neighbours make me put on clothes too...

Cute idea. Are you going to put the circular forms from Rumble's chest/shoulders on the chestplate? The helmet is coming along great, but it feels like the chest piece needs a few more touches to really make it look like Rumble.

So here's the REALLY controversial question... will you be painting the costume red, blue... or purple? :lol 

zmog

20. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I know, rite? I don't make it to the neighbors, though. My wife makes me get the clothes on first. It's such a drag.

Back to the custom, I've really been thrilled about seeing Halloween costumes in here each year. I hope we see more soon. Alty, we need photos of when you guys go out.