Heavy/Scratch: Hall of fame series

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MALFUNCTION, Mar 2, 2010.

1. MALFUNCTION

MALFUNCTION Well-Known Member

TRANSFORMERS HALL OF FAME SERIES
    By
    MALFUNCTION​

Introduction:

Back in the 80’s, growing up watching Transformers and seeing all my favorite characters transforming in action just made me want the toys even more. I remember going to Toys R Us and my parents gave me the words we always wanted to hear but only came once in a while, “OK, pick out the Transformer you want.” So of course, I would be looking for characters like Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime, and Grimlock, just to name a few. Only on very rare occasions, I was lucky enough to find the character I wanted. So your at the register you’ve got that dream figure you’ve always wanted in your hands, you get in the car and can’t wait to get home and rip it out of the box. You’re so excited you pull the toy out pry it from the packaging with all your might. As you try and transform it you realize your not doing it right so you pull out the instructions. You finally figure out pull the toy away from you slightly to get an overall view of the figure. Just then you realize “what the heck” this thing doesn’t look anything like the cartoon on TV. What makes it even worse, as you look closer you noticed a piece broke off during transformation due to some weak glue. All this is why I became a collector and this is what drives me today to develop my own figures the way I want them to look. As collectors, I know im not the the only one that believes that there are 3 main things we hate when it comes to collecting transformers and they are loose joints, discoloration, and most of all parts that no matter what you do always just keep falling off. In these customs I hope to cure all of these problems and more.

Main Goals:

-To build my favorite characters that actually resembled the characters from the 80’s, with bigger and better proportions, better articulation, and perfect overall look.

-To build my favorite characters that are structurally sound, made from good old nuts and bolts and little to no adhesives.

-No mercy will be given to any rare figures/donors and I spare no expense when researching parts, if a foot cost 100 bucks, ill take 2 please. Most figures are made up of over 20 different other figures and maybe much, much more if it’s a combiner.

Conclusion:

These are all “work in progress” and will most likely never be finished due to my obsession with making each piece resemble the original characters from the 80’s, most of them are about 50-75% done, still a lot of trimming and bolting down to do. Please feel free to critique but keep in mind these were built to my personal specifications and preferences as I’m sure we all have different characters as to whom we would consider as part of the Transformers Hall of Fame. Please Welcome the first 12 inductees! Stay tuned for more work in progress pics updated weekly and hopefully later the complete unveiling of the finished set.

(my most favorite toy in the world, too bad he couldn’t walk)

2. MENASOR
    (always wanted him never could find him)

3. DEVASTATOR
    (had him, my favorite combiner, bought him twice)

4. GRIMLOCK (AKA GRIMZILLA)
    (had the generic one, finally got the real one, looked like crap)

5. OPTIMUS PRIME
    (had him, transformed to robot mode, who is this suppose to be?Is this really optimus?)

(always wanted the original but could only get the tank versions)

(impossible to find growing up out of the price range for my parents.)

8. SOUNDWAVE
    (stole him from my cousin)

9. BLASTER
    (had him, why is he so much larger than optimus prime?)

10. ULTRA MAGNUS
    (Who didn’t want the general but why does it come with a white optimus prime?, why can’t he move his legs?)

(Someone needed to catch all these flying decepticons)

12. CYCLONUS
    (So cool in the movie, not so much as a toy)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  2. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

dude! is that grimlock made from mecha godzilla? kickass!

3. TFwIcKeD

TFwIcKeD Banned

woaaaaaaaaah, several projects!!!! can't wait!

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This sounds like a fun, overarching project. With a few subtle differences, I think a lot of artists are in this boat with their customs. I wish you all of the best :thumb 

5. MALFUNCTION

Yeah!!! even though the masterpiece grimlock is one of my favorite figures of all time, hes a lil short, i always pictured grimlock towering over characters like optimus prime. So i wanted to build a grimlock at a much larger scale in that masterpiece style.

Thanks, yeah im pretty sure everyone on this site can relate.

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Wow, it took me a while to see that those are Voyager Jetfire's arms on MechaGodzilla. That thing is huge!

And I love what's been done so far for those Superion and Metroplex heads.

7. IceWilly

IceWilly Technobot

I can't tell if i am viewing the thread right or wrong, but a lot of the names are missing above and things I know you have pics of... aren't showing. Just me? or is anyone else having problems.

8. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Man...this sounds like what a lot of us are/would like to do.....If I had time I for sure would do more G1 stuff....looking good by the way.

9. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    ugh, gray photos that don't show alot. *sigh*

Well...hopefully you post some color photos of whatever it is your doing.

from what little tiny tease stuff i see it seems you have some nice stuff but i can't really tell yet.

10. MALFUNCTION

Yeah one of my favorite fabrications just works so well, oh and thats not superions head...lol.

Sorry icewilly i thought i would have a lil fun with people to see if they could guess who is who and where they stand on that list...lol.

I knew you would understand, your doing the same thing with all your customs!

I put one up just for you gauge!!!

11. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Woah. I like Menasor's pic. :) 

12. MALFUNCTION

Thanks, ill have more pics of MENASOR, i know a lot of people wanted to see some work in progress pics of him so stay tuned.

13. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    The pure ambition going on here has made my day! I've been thinking about that Inferno mod for weeks, but I haven't been able to find another one, or work up the nerve to cut up the one that I have! I can't wait.

14. bakublade

bakublade Well-Known Member

can i still commission the ones you've made for your collection

15. MALFUNCTION

yeah that mold is becoming more scarce to find everyday, heres a clue about this custom, hes not going to be inferno or menasor, i cut him up for a different purpose.

Sorry i dont do commissions.

16. bakublade

bakublade Well-Known Member

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

17. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Oh. :X

18. MALFUNCTION

Sorry bakukblade, you dont have to worry tho there are so much more talented artists on this site who can help you with commissions.

NO worries kusanagi, 2 out of 3 aint bad, and i got a name for my custom grimlock AKA (GRIMZILLA!!!!

19. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wanna see more of that Ultra Magnus

20. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

You know I thought you were making a Typticon out of Mechagodzilla or Kiryu, but I was wrong the rest are looking very good.