Hall of Fame Nominee #4 - Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, May 6, 2010.

1. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Alright...Alright...I give up. I accept that this year it is the G1 Hall of Fame.

Based off the nominees so far, it will most likely be Soundwave to win, but my vote is going to be Shockwave. I think he has a much more cooler character and better overall story.

2. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    these hall of fame things....Are they gonna determine more future toys?

If not...then I could care less about who wins what.

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is the best bio yet, and the character that is getting my vote for sure.

To the conspiracy theorists who think Hasbro somehow orchestrated the popular vote to emphasize G1...I would like to have some of what you are having.

Strongly disagree. He's the only Transformer to serve as the main character of a major motion picture, was a lead character for a season of the show, and has had a large impact on the comics (not as big a role as Shockwave, but still big, esp. in the UK).

4. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

Nice seeing shockwave getting the respect he deserves, but seriously, as someone else said, you can't tell me in 20 years there hasn't been a non G1 character worth noting.

5. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    To be honest I hate to sound like a geewhinner but I do think that the first go around should be dedicated to G1 and even if dinobot does make it and not to hate on him cause I think he is an awesome character he really doesn't have a chance. However shockwave is the first one I really want to win the others I am meh with. So shockwave has got my vote unless the fifth one changes my mind.

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Boo to Shockwave...poor Prowl can't haz no Nomination?? :lol 

7. Chaosbringer

Chaosbringer Casseticon Master

I do hope Soundwave wins (but all the rest till now were on my next list)

I do have one question... do the winners get a toy or what?

Optimus, Megatron, Screamer and Bumblebee... they'll make new toys? Soundwave if he wins... new toy?

or is this all about blowing names in the wind??

8. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Pretty much blowing names in the wind but it diffently doesn't hurt for someone like soundwave or shockwave.

9. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Honestly, I'm fine with Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime being the fifth choice. Hopefully, the HoF will continue for many years to come and every one's favorites will get in at some point.

And for all those complaining about G1-centric nominees for the inaugural TF Hall of Fame, let's compare it to the first year of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and its inductees:

Chuck Berry, James Brown, Ray Charles, Sam Cooke, Fats Domino, The Everly Brothers, Alan Freed, John Hammond, Buddy Holly, Robert Johnson, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Sam Phillips, Elvis Presley, Jimmie Rodgers and Jimmy Yancey.

The Beatles (arguably one of the most influential bands ever) didn't even get in until two years later (in 1988).

In other words, just relax. Dinobot's time will come.

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Will there be an honorable mention action figure?

11. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Who says this is a G1 Hall of Fame? These characters are on here because they've been in many different continuities and have been main or supporting characters. Dinobot, while being a fan favorite character, has only ever appeared in Beast Wars and hasn't had lots of different incarnations

12. Mixmasterjay

Mixmasterjay Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    C'mon, the last one has to be Devastator.....

13. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Shock wave was my prediction for this spot. But what I want to know is where's Hound? Why isn't he considered? Jetfire or Wheeljack look like the next one to enter the nomination. But it won't matter because Soundwave dominated the initial vote.

Hasbro's next round of HoF nominees might be G1 Season 3 and 4. If so Rodimus, Ultra Magnus, Galvatron, and Cyclonus will be the top 4. Then there will be 5 nominees for the 5th spot.

A Beast Wars round of nominees would be better though because of the storyline and the characters. There Dinobot is number 1. But Hasbro's top 4 will probably be Primal, Rattrap, Megatron, Dinobot and another round of 5 for the 5th spot.

14. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  15. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

Ngh. Not directed at you specifically, G1Jetfire, but just to restate... These are not Hasbro's nominations. These five guys were selected by FANS. Polls were held all over the place, with lots of fansites picking their five favourite characters, and those points then being tallied to single out the five most popular across all the forums. Those five are the ones we are seeing here. Nobody specifically set out to make this G1-centric, it's just turned out that way because shockingly, it's the oldest, best-known characters who are the most famous and popular. Who would have thought?

Jeysie over at the Allspark tallied up the numbers herself, and her findings match up to watch we've seen so far. If she has it right (and if Hasbro has honestly followed the results), then tomorrow's will be the G1 exception, Dinobot.

16. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I have to choose between Shockwave and Dinobot I will be SAD.

17. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

This.

18. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for the explanation.

If Dinobot is the fifth nominee, that makes the vote for the fifth spot more interesting. Without looking at the other sites where votes were taken, it seemed liked Dinobot was overlooked in the initial vote taken here. That's also why I'm expecting Soundwave to win the fifth spot.

Since the 4 nominees for the 5th spot were originally from the G1 series, it seemed like it would be an all G1 Hall of Fame. But I'm glad the Hall of Fame is based on votes taken in and collected from all the sites devoted to Transformers. Plus it also shows that the fan base that has been around since '84 is vast continues to grow .

19. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Most of the most popular characters in any given Transformers franchise are originally from the G1 series.

Bumblebee is not on the list because of 1984. He practically disappeared from the franchise between the original run of G1 (comics and cartoon) and the 2007 movie. He was only put into Animated because of the movie.

20. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Er...what?

Bumblebee isn't on "this" list, because he's already being inducted along with Prime, Megs and Starscream. The list with Soundwave, Grimlock, Jazz and Shockwave (plus whoever is announced tomorrow) is to determine who the fifth inductee will be.