Half-Life 2 Question

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Primevil, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    So I'm finally getting around to buying Half-Life 2, partially for "educational" purposes (we're making a mod using the Source engine in one of my classes), but there's one thing that confuses me.

Can I get Lost Coast if I buy the retail version? On Steam, they list it only as available with various Half-Life compilation packages, but I've read that it is available to anyone who owns Half-Life 2.

I've nothing against purchasing Half-Life 2 through Steam, but I was thinking of getting the retail version since my roommate will be going to Best Buy to pick up Halo 3 and I figured I'd tag along. If I do purchase through Steam, all I'm really missing out on (aside from the box, disc, and manual) is the 20 points for my Best Buy Reward Zone account.

(and yes, I'm well aware of the fact that Lost Coast is only one level that was dropped from the final game, but I'd still like to get it)

2. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Yes, you can.

3. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Okay... I'm gonna guess it's a free download through Steam? (I probably should have pointed out that I don't have a Steam account yet)