Half-Life 2: Ep 2: Tonight at Midnight

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by GogDog, Oct 9, 2007.

1. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Anyone picking this up? I can't play it until I finish building my new computer. :( 

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I'm might be getting orange box sometime this week but I'm passing on the pc version for the 360 version even though I have the original SE release of HL2 as well as Ep 1 on pc.

PC gaming is just so unappealing to me any more. I love mouse and keyboard controls but its just so much easier to just pop a disc in and play, most of the people I played on PC with have just given up too. Nothing against Valve though, I've never had issues with their games other than a sound bug in HL2 that I still have to this day.

3. kasper0v

kasper0v Well-Known Member

on the 360, yup.

4. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Meh, PC gaming isn't any more difficult than console gaming. Just double click the icon and play.

What I'm really waiting for, is portal.

5. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm going for the 360 route.

I got Half Life 2 on the original Xbox but never completed it.
    The thought of going back through it before going on to Episode 1 & 2 fills me with dread as I remember Ravenholm. We don’t go to Ravenholm…

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Waiting for the orange box. Only played about 5minutes of the first Half Life so this is going to be sweet

7. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I want the Orange Box. Probably won't get it until X-mas though.

8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Getting the Orange Box tomorow afternoon, equally excited for all three games, but especially TF2, I can't wait to start playing with my friends.
    DN

9. seven

Installs and driver updates, especially since Valves games don't really use the disc to install so I'm waiting for a hammered server to deliver my product.

Valves great about their patches and EA improved with theirs as well but having to wait in long lines to get a patch from a 3rd party hosting company is a pain.

10. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    It's been available to pre-load over steam for a week now. As long as they activate everything at midnight, I'll be playin on my PC without having to install anything or update any drivers, etc etc.

Driver updates also shouldn't be necessary if you've been keeping your system reasonably up to date(within 6 months).

And why do you need a patch from a third party hosting company? There's no patches out yet, plus that's all automatically handled through steam anyway.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely want to get it for 360, but Folklore comes out tomorrow and Star Wars PSP came out today, so I'll have to wait.

12. seven

I preloaded Half Life 2 and it still took over 5 hours to finish the install on release day even though I had ahard copy a week before the release. Episode 1 and Sin also took longer than simply putting a disk in the tray and pressing start.

If i've been keeping my system up todate then I've been installing drivers. ATI's driver updates are just a pain in the ass having to completley clear the old drivers, reboot, force windows to not try and install drivers, install the new drivers and reboot again then find my driver cd to reinstall the DVD software. ATI is just a bitch with the way they do their drivers.

As I said Valve is great on patches but other companies not so much. EA used to never host the BF patches themselves using fileplanet, filefront, etc to get patches to the masses as does and still do most other companies.

Also the 360 has improvements not yet available to the PC versions of HL2 and Ep1.

13. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    Well, ATI was a choice you made. I abandoned them long ago due to that bs.

14. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Rooks Gang Leader

News Credits:
    Gravity Gun + Ravenholm Saw Blades = Win.