Hailee Steinfeld Tells Us How Bad Ass Bumblebee Is

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

Nice words, but after hearing ‘nice words and praise’ from the last 4 films…I don’t buy it. Sorry. I’m a downer I know…and I’m sorry.
    I wanna have a shirt that’s just “Stop trying to make BumbleBee happen, it’s never gonna happen!” Because at this point…I’m so sick of him. BumbleBee’s character is never set in stone in these films.
    -He acts childish…but it somehow seen as Leader material and wise when talking to Sam.
    -He is called a scout yet can easily take out a heavy hitter and higher ranked Decepticon like Soundwave
    -He’s innocent and sweet, yet cusses for laughs and has a terrible temper
    …just who the heck is BumbleBee!?

My hope for the films future is that these characters get to feel more human. Meaning they aren’t just there to look cool and be ‘badass’. If I ask my friends and family who their favorite is and why, they will usually go Optimus or BumbleBee because they get the most screen time and they can’t remember anyone else names (Seriously, my sister said “That guy with the giant tentacle!” and I realized she meant Shockwave XD ) , and their reason ‘oh they are awesome and cool’ they never can say anything else about the character, because there isn’t much else most of the time with these films. I feel like most of my favorites are based around what they could be instead of what they are shown as.
    Starscream is one of my favorites and when I tell my friends that, they are like ‘He was just some lackey though who seems to suck up to the other guy.’ So frustrating… At least I still have ‘Reign of Starscream’ (unless that was made non-canon)
    Just PLEASE give us a character not a prop thrown in to ‘look badass’ and ‘awesome’.

• Like Like x 1
  2. transf0

transf0 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do not think he is a "visionary" in the same regard as Kubrick, Spielberg, Hitchcock, Tarantino, Cameron, etc.

3. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    That's not what I meant. He knows exactly what he wants to create. That's what I meant.

4. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if Bumblebee will have his shoulder cannons, his hand cannon, and his hammer in this one. Or maybe they just give him nunchuckes. And some binoculars because remember he's a scout that can kick you butt.

5. transf0

News Credits:
    When Hopkins says "visionary," you expect it to be about someone akin to the 2001 obelisk. Many people know exactly what they want to create, that sense of visionary isn't necessarily special.

6. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    Why would I expect that? Visionary =/= Great.

Perhaps Hopkins was referring to work ethic.

7. transf0

News Credits:
    you expect it to be about someone akin to the 2001 obelisk=/= Great.
    A visionary: thinking about or planning the future with imagination or wisdom.
    TLK, which Hopkins was referring to, had neither wisdom nor imagination.

8. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    What is a 2001 obelisk? All I can think of is 2001: A Space Odyssey, which is one of the greatest sci-fi films.

Also I changed TLK to Bay if there was any confusion to what I meant.

9. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Yes, we know Bumblebee is a badass because pretty much Decepticon who touches him folds like paper because he’s the best Autobot around because toys etc etc anyway