Had the G1 Cartoon Continued....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rodimus Primal, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'm sure some still wonder what would've been if the cartoon continued after Rebirth (not Japanese Headmasters) what would have been. Now seeing the comic get renewed it brought back some of those ideas I originally had. What would you do if you could continue after Rebirth?

2. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Would have loved to see the other tail end toys from G1 introduced into the cartoon. We already got the first wave of Headmasters and Targetmasters - what about the rest? The storyline could have continued on by showing the return of Galvatron and Scorponok, the war would have continued on Cybertron, Earth and Nebulos, much to the Autobots dismay. As the war escalates, it'd would have been absolutely great to see the Powermasters introduced - maybe with Prime getting seriously damaged only to be saved by Nebulan science and the tech spreading from there. Let's not forget the Pretenders! They could start off as a way for Autobots to explore new worlds, and re-introduce some concepts from BW such as the energon overload, requiring Pretender shells. Right now the closest we'll get to anything remotely close to a G1 cartoon is the toy commercials featuring animation from that era.

3. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

I would want an actual ending to the show

4. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Its not really a story that can ever end.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    New characters would have been introduced and maybe made the focus of an episode or two, such as powermasters and pretenders, just as combiners had been used in the past.

6. KaguyaHouraisan

KaguyaHouraisan TORANS-FORMAAAA!

Why not headmasters? :D 

7. OmegaSupreme235

OmegaSupreme235 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Headmasters is pretty good and I like there take on it. Even my 10 year old enjoys it and tells me she forgets she's even reading she gets so into the show

8. joshferrell

joshferrell Well-Known Member

one word "Action Masters" (ok that's two words) A new Dic cartoon with non-transforming robots

9. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

masterforce right after headmasters cartoon
    optiums prime come power master and unite godbomber come great god optimus prime
    goldbug, jazz, bluestreak, prowl , elera one come power masters too
    some new headmasters , new targetmasters with double guns

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Judging by the end of 'Rebirth', a continuation might have been similar to the Japanese Headmasters series, with Decepticons and Autobots roaming from planet to planet in their respective base-bots.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Optimus dies 3 episodes later just to cause more fan rage, Rodimus becomes leader once again and fails at it, Ultra Magnus dies and his killer Sixshot becomes Daniel's new uncle and Galvatron decides to become Unicorn and gets trapped in ice and then Cybertron blows up.

Oh wait.

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This sums up my thoughts pretty well. I'd have the first few episodes of just some fun, character building Autobot episodes. Let's face it: we're just introduced to these Headmasters and Targetmasters! Let's get to know 'em some more!

That being said, I'd then use that to build towards the return of the Decepticons. It would probably be a good way to introduce the Powermasters. I'd also make Doubledealer quite a central character, just because he'd be a new character and that I really enjoy the dual faction and traitor concepts. The same "hey they have those, so let's get some too" plot could be used for the Powermasters. Optimus Prime becoming a Powermaster would be a huge event as well. I think it would be cool if he were in a battle that damaged him so much that he'd have to be repaired and upgraded.

I really don't think the idea of the Decepticon Pretender monsters being mythical creatures can be beaten, though. I really like that about Masterforce. I'd probably keep that idea and flesh that out some.

As much as this sounds like a saga, I'd still keep things more on an episodic format. I really like that about the G1 show. I like that one can have very little information and is able to jump into the show without being too lost.

13. Avengers

Avengers Banned

The story & dialogue for Rebirth was terrible. It would have got worse not better if it continued.

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Not necessarily, no.

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Because the same person writes all episodes, right? ;) 

16. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I would have loved to actually see Powermaster Optimus Prime and Headmasters like Siren, Nightbeat and that firetruck (forgot the name).

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    ...except with ten thousand times more personality.

18. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Yeah, I would have loved it to continue.....BUT, I would have expected a jump in production values though.

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Wandering Decepticons aboard Scorponok spaceship nicking energy and finding a new planet to call home. Daniel gets laid. In Arcee's head.
    When you've finished reading those unanimated season four scripts can I have a look at them?

20. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    David Wise did an interview saying that Rebirth was suppossed to be a 5 part finale that got condensed to 3 episodes. From its ending, we KNOW it could have been continued in a new series. What I've noticed in the late 80s is that follow up series were usually terrible continuations like the DiC series of GI Joe and The New Adventures of He-man. I would have loved to see it anyway though.

Personally I'd make the first few episodes better showcase the new characters individually like Season 2 did with the 1985 line. Since the concepts were already shown it would have done a better service to the characters to get to know them. Then start introducing the 1988 lineup. I think making Optimus a Powermaster would need to be an event in which Hot Rod becomes Rodimus Prime again while Optimus is on a quest for survival. Plus to top it off they should "end" Galvatron and bring him back at the time of Action Masters rebuilt as Megatron, which would lead to a G2 Megs.