HAD Season 4 continued...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shlockwave, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Shlockwave

Shlockwave a.k.a Moronmaster

News Credits:
    I (painfully) rewatched "The Rebirth" the other day and then tried to (and not sleep through) get through several episodes of Headmasters when I thought (cue dream music) "What would have a full 4th season of Sunbow's transformers entailed?"

Borrowing from what has gone before in typical fashion, I imagine we would have gotten:

1. A few, not all, characters with spotlight episodes (a'la' Tracks, Beachcomber, Omega Supreme). Who do you suppose would get the forefront treatment? I'd imagine aside from the 4 main headmasters, probably Punch/Counterpunch, maybe the clones and possibly a Throttlebots-only episodes.
    2. Scorponok taking on the Starscream role in terms of seeking ways to wrest the Decepticons away from Galvatron.

What else? Anyone have any ideas based on the patterns from previous seasons? Besides the incoherent continuity? LOL!

2. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Brainstorm would have definantly replaced Perceptor as the Main Cast's scientist, and Optimus Prime may have become a PowerMaster by the end of the Season.
    I can see Scorponok and Cyclonus fighting for Galvatron's second in command role. It would've been cool if the Decepticon Headmasters defected and formed their own faction, with Scorponok as the leader.

3. PaleMoonlight

PaleMoonlight Active Member

PM Optimus Prime definitely would have made it in there.

4. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Seacons and Pretenders might have made appearances. Bludgeon really could've used a TV appearence, all he's made are comic appearences.

PM Optimus Prime would've been awesome to see.

5. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i would have preferred them to just redub the japanese series with the proper voices and send them over

6. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Maybe some better characterizations? Preferably for Sixshot.

Seeing more of the Clones, Technobots, Terrorcons, & Throttlebots. Also seeing the Monsterbots too.

And I think it'd be great to continue seeing more guys from previous seasons in cameos like Jazz, the Triple Changers, the other Combiners, Ultra Magnus, Wreck Gar, Blaster, & Soundwave. Perceptor I'd move to small cameos and replace him with Brainstorm & Highbrow as the main scientists of the season.

And maybe end the season with hints alluding to the arrival of the Powermasters with a severally injured Optimus Prime after some kind of battle after... Galvatron is finally dethroned by Scorponok.

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

If they kept the same style as season three, they'd probably put the focus almost exclusively on the main eleven Autobot Head/Targetmasters. They'd hopefully be given some basic characterization they'd keep for every appearance, much like season three's main seven 'Bots did. Sadly, I expect the 'Cons would mostly remain generic thugs.

Speaking of the 'Cons, since Zarak controls a cityformer, I expect he'd usurp Galvatron, though I doubt the show would abandon their main villain. Galvatron would likely be imprisoned, until near the end of the season. I would say season-long infighting, but with Cyclonus being loyal to Galvatron, and having a Targetmasters he can't be separated from (for marketing reasons) I doubt there would be much time spent on the conflict.

Exactly what would the new leadership mean for the 'Cons? Nothing much. This is the G1 cartoon, after all. They'd still come up with a new super-weapon every week. I guess with how much time they spent on Galvatron being insane, there possibly would've been an episode or two spent on trying to make Zarak look like a competent leader, though I'm not sure how well that would work.

8. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think we would have gotten at least one more episode dealing with the Transformers' origin, building off of Season Three's "Call of the Primitives," which has always felt like it had unanswered questions. It really depends on whether Flint Dille would have remained the showrunner/story editor.

9. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Oh hell. I'm writing it.

10. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

I always thought this.

I won't lie, some of the stuff I hate, like blowing up Cybertron and literally walking away like "Oh well". So some of it was plain stupid, but overall there was a lot of good stuff in there.

It's so many years later rewriting will get us nowhere, so I always though a real dub would be cool.

Make sure "Scramble City" is in there and top if off with "Zone" at the end.

11. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I think there would have been some double rivalry dynamic between leaders. With Galvatron vs Optimus being the official leaders and Zarak vs Spike as leaders of the Nebulans. Galvatron and Zarak would probably through scheming against each other or through simply not thrusting each other foil any succes each may get against the autobots and eventually Galvatron would have Mindwipe hypnotize Zarak and use him as a puppet.
    Scorponok and Fort Max will become or be revealed to be sentient one way or another cause i dont see the Sunbow cartoon feature mecha.
    There woul probably be an episode where Fort Max and Metroplex team up against Scorponok who will be mocked by Trypticon because of rivallry.
    There would be spotlights for Punch, the clones, some of the Targetmasters i guess.
    Seeing as Galvatron was going on about conquering new worlds and Cybertron is rejuvinated i think the season would revolve around the Decepticons trying to retake Cybertron and the Autobots trying to free alien races from Decepticon yoke.
    The Quintessons might still be a major factor maybe trying to form an alliance with the Decepticons again.

12. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Why painfully? I love Rebirth. So many cool new characters. I wish it continued for a full season. I wanted to see PMOP in the cartoon. He was the only Prime I had but never showed up :(  Also I wanted to see Siren and Nightbeat.

13. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    I sense a lot of fanfics in the imminent future...

That being said, also Sixshot should be a prominent Decepticon since he only appeared in ONE LOUSY SCENE in the whole of Rebirth!

14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Same here. I just watched the citybot showdown yesterday, comparing Fort Max against the toy. That is still such a poignant scene: Spike letting go of all the Rage of his son getting hurt by the Decepticons, duking it out with Zarak inside a couple of gigantic Transformers.
    Its allright fantasising about how the fourth season would have looked and had we had that instead of the Rebirt i probably would have been happier because: more TF cartoons.
    But the Rebirth was an epic and very fitting open ending to the Sunbow cartoon.
    And it lends itself very well to fanfic sequels so i'm happy to write my own without pining over what could have been.

15. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Also Galvatron was sane, how awesome could the stories have been with a sane Galvatron!

16. Shlockwave

Shlockwave a.k.a Moronmaster

News Credits:
    I think the "painful" remark has more to do with animation quality and rushed intros. For what Wise had to work with, he managed to make a somewhat cohesive story. Hell, I think "Five Faces..." is just as painful for the animation quality by AKOM. In fact, as a kid, the poor quality and the more the toyline distanced itself from realistic alt modes were huge factors in my losing interest in the line back then.

But I wonder had season 4 continued, if we'dve gotten varying degrees of animation like season 3. Highlights like "Dweller in the Depths", "Call of the Primitives", and "The Return of Optimus Prime" take the sting out of Season 3's crappier episodes.

17. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

If there was a segue into Pretenders, I would expect to see some familiar faces coming back in a major way, specifically Bumblebee, Grimlock, and Starscream. I'm not sure if they would've recast Jazz as Scatman Crothers had already passed from this world to the next.

I think that with new cassettes Blaster and Soundwave would still be around.

18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I agree it would have been awesome if Galvatron had been cured and restored to sanity but i wouldn't call him sane exactly in the Rebirth: blowing up his homeplanet to kill all his foes in one stroke ?
    But he was certainly competent and menacing, it was probably the most intimidating Mega/Galvatron has ever been in the Sunbow cartoon and certainly the most competent, if the future Autobot Masters hadn't sneaked of to foil Scourge he would have succeeded in his plan and the Autobots and humans would be no more.
    The thing is: the menace felt real and the 86 movie contributed to that in a big way, because you knew the writers where able to suprise you and kill off characters, heck for all you know they could end the show with a Decepticon victory !
    That just made it more engaging and epic as a finale.

19. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Rebirth can be painful to watch. Mostly for the poor animation but also because some characters just get dropped in for one scene and are never seen again, ala Sixshot. This is why I wish we could just wipe away Rebirth and restart Season 4 with "Titans Return" and all the characters being featured therein. That's the cartoon I want to watch right now. (And not Headmasters).

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It wouldn't have worked, especially with Optimus dying a few episodes in to Headmasters.

I mean it would have been cool but it's almost undo-able.

as for how Sunbow would have done the rest of the years. I think the main headmasters in the anime probably would have gotten the most focus.

I kind of wonder what will happen to Hot Rod, he'd probably just get shat on more. :(