Had My Meeting With HR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DecepticonSpike, May 30, 2012.

1. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I had my meeting with HR at my work today. It was supposed to have been yesterday, but it had to be moved to today because of the holiday. The meeting ended up being between myself, 2 admins (neither one the one who started it) and the owner of the nursing home, which surprised me. I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news: the suspension is off my work record, replaced with a write up for insubordination due to questioning the admin when she told me to leave my post. That I can deal with.

The bad news: I no longer have a job. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't fired. I agreed to be "laid off" in exchange for 4 weeks severance pay. I guess they are afraid that I might talk bad about the nursing home or something. I'm not supposed to discuss any of the details with anyone I worked with, but, knowing the rumour mill, I'm sure by know they have me being thrown out the window wearing a dress or something.

The gooder news: Remember when I said that my wife is a department head and a different nursing home across town? Well, she talked to their DON, and she want me to come in Saturday for an interview for a part time STNA positon (30 hours a week). If I get it, it would be $2 an hour more, which would almost work out to what I was making a week.

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Congrats on it all working out, but why didn't you just update your original thread?

3. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    How will leaving this job be recorded on your record?

4. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have mixed feelings about your meeting.

I don't think it was fair for you to deserve the severance pay or the insubordination write up.

I wish all the luck in the world in your interview on Saturday.

Why is your interview on the weekend?

5. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Department heads at my wife's facility have to work one weekend a month, and this is the DON's weekend. Might be the only time she can get an interview in. I'm used to working most weekends, so going in for an interview is no big deal.

6. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It's not the "lay off" it's the write up. I don't know how those go on record.

7. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The DON? Well hope he makes an offer you can't refuse...

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    What a bunch of baloney. Never mind the suspension being off your record; you've been fucked over, buddy.

9. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    So you did what you were told, got suspended for doing what you were told, then got it changed to a write up for doing what you were told, and pretty much got fired for doing what you were told? Were I in your place, (and I have been) i would've settled for nothing less than everything getting removed from my record, and going back to my job. Anything else is getting reported to Labor Relations, and a Lawyer...

The new job is a great upside. but as far as I can see you got screwed royally! You were reprimanded for doing nothing wrong, and they just politely escalated you right out the door.....

10. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats cool.

11. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sorry for the loss of your job, and congratulations on the new one! :D  Kind of shitty that you got "laid off". Honestly I think that you have a pretty good case for a lawsuit.

12. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    sounds ugly to me, I have to wonder if the HR person is a friend of the admin in question and that Admin screwed you over.

I hope you get the job and explain your side of things for the write up if it comes up.

Because you got railroaded. I would recommend consulting a lawyer, and if you have a case hopefully you did not sign anything that costs you your right to sue.

13. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    DON is "Director of Nursing".

14. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    More like the best title ever :D 

15. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they're worried about you smearing their reputation by discussing this incident, I recommend you blab about this to the tabloids. Hey, they fucked you over; it's time for some payback!

16. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Pretty much, especially if they didn't make him sign away his rights to do that, and especially since he ended up getting fucked over just like many of us expected. :( 

17. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It was a joke..

18. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

Yeah this. What happened to you was entrapment, and you would have been screwed regardless of what you did that night.

They want you out for some reason and are using flimsy excuses to have you removed from your job. They obviously know that you questioned the admin's orders (the insubordination write-up).

So, what? You got fired for leaving your post? Despite you being ordered to leave your post AND because you questioned the order, you also get an insubordination write-up? Huh? IF you didn't question the order, you would still have been fired for leaving your post. How could the scenario possibly have played out that would not have had you fired?

Do what the admin says - get fired for leaving your post. Don't do what the admin says - get fired for insubordination. Wow!!! It's Ms Administration who needs to be fired......

And you were fired.....agreeing to get 'let go' is getting fired.....it just sounds better....

Why don't you fight this? The situation is so ridiculous that I am shaking my head in disbelief!!! I would take this as far as I can through court.

19. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

Awesome. Glad you found one.

20. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

Seriously.

Everyone telling him to lawyer up have obviously never even seriously looked into it.

Let's see, one wiping ass for $10 an hour job versus lawyer for ohhh at least $5k for a retainer because your only option is to go after the conspiracy angle upon which the entire burden falls onto you to prove.

It isn't all grand folks.

I been fucked over badly and had every right to sue the shit out of someone for fucking me, but at the end of the day I decided to keep the $20k I would have blown on a lawyer in my own pocket and went along with my life, I ended up ok.

U screwed up settling how u did however. I would have gotten at least an entire month or two worth of severance, plus any vacation, sick or personal days as well. If they want to settle the ball was in your court.

Also once u bust out the lawsuit it forever follows u the rest of your life, like when they back ground check u for your new job.