Had DC Classics s1 orion been recalled?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MasterDeath, Jun 20, 2008.

1. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

Hi, some may have seen the other topic but I think it is best to start this new one.

A few weeks ago, forbidden planet (UK shop) had a sign asking people to return this figure as there is something not very good for you in the gold paint. Now I couldn.t return as I baught it from play.com. The guys working in the shop as usual didn't know their arses from their elbows..

Now I see play.com no longer has this figure for sale, but has the rest of the s1 figures. Now as they hide any contact details and replace them with FAQ useless crap, I cannot ask them if it was pulled or if its just not in stock any more.

Nothing on the web about this either. Does anybody know, or have any mattel contact details, or even play.com contact details? would help gratly as er I don't wanna get poisoned or anything..

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Um...same here, I bought the figure at Wal-mart months ago. Am I dying? o_o

3. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    How many times do you need to be told to stop licking your action figures?

4. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

He's a shelf warmer, but I believe Toys R Us pulled different Mattel toys because of some kind of recall.

5. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    I saw him and the Demon at a TRU last weekend, several of them. I do remember reading about that Mattel internal recall though, check actionfigureinsider.com, or maybe it got posted here (can't remember were I saw it, sorry). He's been quite the shelf-warmer everywhere I see him though.

6. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Couldn't you try calling them on the number at the bottom of there web pages?

7. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    AFAIK, there's no recall, per se, and no safety concern. According to Mattel, it's an independent withdrawal on their part for certain toys. If you're happy with your figure(s), there's no need to return it/them.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=13067

8. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All of S1 was recalled by certain retailers.

I tried to buy the Batman figure from S1 two weeks ago, and it rang up as recall. The manager came over, put a slip on it, said sorry and walked off with my figure.

However TRU was still selling DC Universe figures.

It's a very YMMV situation, as some of the Targets who had recalled those items and pulled them from the shelf now have put them back out. And they ring up just fine at the Targets that I have seen them pulled from.