Hackers target Xbox Live players

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by tikgnat, Feb 21, 2009.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    BBC NEWS | Technology | Hackers target Xbox Live players

Anyone know anything about this? There are sore losers and there are total bastards.

2. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

What the hell?! Sorry that I cant say anything intellegent about this, but fuck those fuckers!

I know that gaming online can be agrovating at times, but that's the way online play works, somebody wins but then somebody has to loose. I get agrovated too at online play, I'll usually try for a few more rounds and if I get too annoyed, I switch games.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Havent people been doing this with games like COD4 and Halo 3 for a long time now?
    Nevertheless, it wont really do anything to me, I dont really play with randoms, if Im on Live I'll be playing with friends.

4. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow that is pathetic. If you are the pissy of a loser then quit playing. I'm not great at multiplayer. I do Ok, but I'm far from a top player. Yet You don't see me trying to boot people simply because they are better and beat me in a game. That is just plain sad that people resort to something like this.

5. DaggersRage

It also makes me sick that people pay money for other people to do it. You're wasting maybe $20 dollars to have a guy to be temporary banned from playing, all because you lost a round against said person.

6. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Just another reason PC gaming online is better :p 

7. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

They're all gonna get raped.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I've got to agree. I have Xbox live and enjoy playing, but it's not a friendly place.

Actually, the only reason I don't play my games on the computer is because most games I like are on 360 and I can't use a keyboard worth a crap.

9. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know, there are assholes on XBL, and then there are douchebags. It's nice to know the real Dbags are learning more and more how to distinguish themselves.

Fuckers.

10. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    People have been doing this on pc's for years they are just doing a DoS attack.

11. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Yet another example of how people have far too much free time on their hands.

12. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Yes, but it's not a common occurrence. Not these days. Hell, I can't recall the last time I even heard of a DoS attack with PC online gaming.

The other thing (and I know I'll get bitched out over this, but it's the truth) is that online PC Gamers are more mature overall. Little 12 year old Jimmy is busy playing on X-Box Live and screaming at his parents with the mic on, while I'm enjoying older and more mature players on the PC.

Hell, I'm going to be 30 in less than a week. In my Lord of the Rings Online guild I'm one of the YOUNGEST. Most being in their 40's or Late 30's. I play with quite a few Husband/Wife teams, which is kickass.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well but thats 360 in general but not consoles as a whole. I have yet to experience that type of crap on the ps3 and although there are less online folks on the ps3 its not a ghost town and the randoms I have played with have been decent people.

Besides for regulars like me, getting the game to run on the pc without pointless crashes is half the battle. So i will take my chances.

14. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    Right. Because no one has ever gotten hacked or dealt with cheaters in a PC game.

I think this is more of the case of who YOU are playing with. there are plenty of mature people on XBL, and there are plenty of immature people on PC. You're doing the right thing, sticking with people you know and enjoy playing with, which is about all I advocate doing on Xbox Live too.

15. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

jeez, they're only games at the end of the day. these are the kinds of people that have no grip on reality.

16. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Yet another reason I don't play Xbox Live with anyone I don't know.

17. DaggersRage

Ill still play with strangers on XBL. I get my shares of good and bads. I've met some fantastic people over XBL too, that's how I usually make friends even. It's not just XBL that has these bogus immature players, they're all over the place but so are the good ones. All it really is just people.

18. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Well, I can't argue with that. But, and I'm not bitching at you, you're comparing a PC MMO to Xbox Live in general, more easily accessable to kids, and which is primarily FPS's and other action games that draw them in. Apples and oranges here. You can choose who you play and associate with in MMOs, which stastically has more mature players than anything else online(PC or console). But on XBL, though you can party up with friends, you're still at the mercy of matchmaking as far as who you play against. And it's not likely that XBL games will ever have age-specific areas or playlists either.

Not to mention M$'s unwillingness to tighten it's belt and increase it's strictness on the bad apples out there. They hand out temp bans when enough complaints are levied against bad players, but that's about it. They won't permaban a GT, and lose that subscription income, unless it's something real bad. Even then, that doesn't stop the offender from simply making another GT and carrying on. Can't mess around in a MMO though, you'll get the boot pretty quick and hard.