Hackers are coming back to FOC

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by ShadowXD, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hard headed? Why should I change my opinion about something because of something someone says? I have my opinion and you have yours. I'm also not some 12 year old CoD kid so I don't bust out the "hatemail" as you put it. I also rarely lose, so it's quite the non-issue.

And yeah, cheating does hit a soft spot with me.

2. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not asking you to change any opinion, just to understand mine. We don't have to agree on anything, lol. But I got the impression from reading your earlier posts that playing "your way" was the only "legit" way to play, which I clearly don't believe.

So if you understand that we both have our own opinions now on how different people play games, I guess we're good. But it clearly sounded like your "opinion" was a my way or the highway sort of attitude, which happens when people are trying to state a fact, not an opinion.

3. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I understand and respectively disagree with your opinion ;) 

Not at all. I do, however, grow weary of having to add a disclaimer to every single post that says "the above is personal opinion", especially when everyone's post is their own personal opinion. I've come to expect people to understand that.

4. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    ...Did you even read any of that besides the bolded part?

5. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The pressing question I see in here is 'why bother reporting people for just unlocking cosmetic items'. It doesn't effect game balance, it doesn't do anything except give them a prettier character.

True, but only partially.

We need to report individuals who do this because they're clearly cheating the system. Those are supposed to be locked away, if you have them, you are cheating. Additionally, how are we to know you haven't hacked something else on the back end? Unlimited ammo, cloak time, whatnot that may not be visible in the one or two matches we play against you.

We need to report every instance we can of someone clearly hacking so that by the time the game rolls out, their tags are noted and they can be dealt with swiftly and harshly while we're playing the real game.

I mean, sure, they just unlocked a few things they shouldn't have on the demo. No big deal, right? Except, they now know how to hack the game code and do you honestly expect them to content themselves with cosmetic changes once the real game launches? I don't.

6. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    THISSSSS!!!!!!!!!
    Seriously! That video of someone using hacked parts showed their Infiltrator with Heal Beam.

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is this the video showing the level cap at 6?

Is there a more recent video showing people using locked weapons/perks?

8. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree, and report it to your hearts content. It's just not something that matters to me. It doesn't effect my gameplay, all it does is give them a slight advantage for the time being. But yes in theory you are right, it doesn't hurt to bring it to their attention so a possible crack in the wall doesn't turn into a dam breaking.

And like I said, if you feel there is an exploit or bug that may be giving players an edge or may or may not be intentional, it doesn't hurt to bring it to the devs attention. I don't think people should be on an all out crusade to ban people that are discovering these flaws with the game though. Its good people are finding these things and abusing them so they can be dealt with accordingly, fixed and patched. Or left alone if not deemed harmful. Bringing stuff to the devs attention is always a good idea, but let them sort it out and deal with it. I just don't understand how players can be held responsible though if the devs acknowledge a problem, yet decide to do nothing about it.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  9. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    The cap was 6, and I haven't searched for any videos, just come across them.

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So has the loop hole that allowed those to do what was done in that video been patched? I haven't come across anyone doing anything I can't do while playing online.

11. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    So far there never has been reports of PS3 part glitches, but it may have been patched for Xbox.