Hack/Slash

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Razerwire, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Anyone read this series?

I saw the three omnibus editions and was curious but didn't know if I wanted to drop all that cash on a series that I'm pretty unfamiliar with.

I do like the premise of the series but I wasn't sure if the series was good enough to buy.

2. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be interested to know this too. I really liked the FCBD issue I got a few years ago, and have heard fairly good things about it, but have just never been motivated enough to pick up any of the collections.

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    It is AWESOME! If you are even a remote fan of slasher flicks, you'll love this series. (And I'm not saying that because I'm friends with the writer.) Tim is huge into horror and actually got an Italian Horror Entertainment award of some kind last month.

I actually think I have an extra copy of one of the first one shots they put out years back lying around. Shoot me your addy Razerwire and I'll throw it on over to you to try.

Also, Tim finally moved the book to Image and they just started the new series at #1 last week. You can pick that up but it does take place after the DDP series so there is some history involved.

4. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    So the omnibus series that's out is actually from DDP but released under Image?

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes. I'm not 100% but I think that Tim retained rights to Hack/Slash when DDP folded and thus he was able to take the brand to image along with all previously published material. Or he just bought it back from Josh. I'll have to ask next time I see him.

6. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've read a few issues. I need to break down and by the TPBs so I can have the whole story so far.

7. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I just started reading it when Image took over. The "My First Maniac" mini-series was really good, so I plan on checking out the ongoing. Not sure if I'm going to go after the older issues though.