HA worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kalel, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Kalel

Kalel C-Mac

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've just been down to the local kmart and they have the jetfire/buster prime two pack (which im getting, even tho i have them already lol) and they have Some of the Human alliance figures. My question is are they worth getting if you already have the deluxe figures? and how acurate is the scaling to leader prime?

2. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    Get them. They are very accurate and overall fun toys.

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I like them, they probably arn't the best for scale with Leader Prime, but I have them/like them displayed with the Prime/Jetfire combo. There are some issues with some of the figures (sideswipe off the top of my head), but I think they are great additions, and will probably be some of the few movie figures that I keep on display.

4. Kalel

Kalel C-Mac

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what issues?

5. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

If I had to guess, he'a probably talking about the backpack kibble on Sideswipe. I dont thinks its too bad, but some people do. IMO, I think the HA sub-line is very good. Among the best figures released in the whole ROTF line. Each figure is very well made, very articulate, and they all have a satafying transformation. I havent found Mudflap yet, but all 4 of the others arew AWESOME! Hight recommend them!!! Scale wise, they match up nicely w/ Prime. My Prime is in his combines mode w/ Jetfire, and they look awesome all together.

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Ha bee - no (but you may enjyo him)
    HA Sidesiwep - yes

but they are great (expect bee), get them

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, mainly the backpack and lack of posability (when compared to the deluxe version) on Sideswipe. I personally don't like the cannon arm on BB, and think the arms on Barricade could have been better (I guess I am a two hands kind of guy). Grant it none of this stuff bothers me much at all, cause I think they are great, but there have been come complaints (especially with Sideswipe). They are my favorite versions of the movieverse formers be far (just waiting to ship my POL with HA Mudflap in it).

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    HA Alliance figures are roughly 1:25 scale. Leader Prime is way closer to 1:28 - 1:32 (he fits somewhere in between).

As an Alt/BT fan, the only issues I have with the line are they lack the things I loved from the Alt/BT line (rubber tires, chrome parts, etc.).

Sideswipe's back kibble doesn't really bother me. I actually like robots with guns and stuff for hands :) 

Overall, I really love the line. :) 

Finding a HA Mudflap may be troublesome though (at least right now) . . . .

9. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Bumblebee, Skids, and Skids are solid figures. I can't recommend them enough. The only reasons I bought Sideswipe was because I really liked the way he looked in the movie and his alt mode is really nice.

10. Warbot Defender

Warbot Defender Banned

Accuracy in terms of scale, no. In robot mode, they might look okay together (but Bumblebee's a tad tall), but vehicle mode, they'll be out of sorts.

The comparison between Deluxe and Human Alliance? Well, that's tricky.

Human Alliance is definitely geared more towards collectors. Their transformations are complex, their details are astounding, and their features do tend to surpass the Deluxes.

On the other hand, the Deluxes do a capable job, are better scaled to Prime, they're more affordable, and the upcoming Battle Blade Bumblebee is quite possibly the Deluxe Class equivalent of a Masterpiece. He has the axe from the game, the cannon from the movies, and his battle mask. Even the Human Alliance version can't top that. (So, this is one time where HA Bumblebee does not surpass the Deluxe.)

To be honest, mine are collecting dust, which is why they were the ones I chose to sell off. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy them, but the Deluxes were always my first priority, and I just had these on display. I'm the play kind of collector, and the Deluxes are better suited to that.

As for the downsides, yeah, there are a few.

Bumblebee only has one hand, his spring loaded chest can be a pain in the butt, and his legs are assembled backwards from the animation model.

Sideswipe has a ridiculous looking backpack, and it causes him some balance issues. I followed the mod that was shown online back when these guys first came out, and it helped to fold the backpack closer to his body and allowed you to reconfigure a few things. Helps with balance too.

Barricade only has one hand, and the other is that spinning claw thing he had during the Bumblebee death match in the first film.

I'd say Skids and Mudflap are probably the only ones with a full body (have all their parts, not just a weapon in place of a limb or whatever), but I couldn't tell you what Mudflap's like. I've never seen him in person.

Skids...I tended to lean towards the Deluxe on this one. I think the Deluxe was just a better fit, size wise for this guy.

But, in the end, the only opinion that matters is your's. Don't let us sway you if you think you'll truly be happy with these guys. If you think you're going to have buyer's remorse, then listen to your gut and keep on steppin'.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Honestly, I'm pretty thrilled to display my leader Prime with my other deluxes and voyagers from the movies. I know they're out of scale, but they're close enough to work.

I simply get the HA figures for the reasons Warbot Defender, xanthax, barrelks, T-Logicon, rattraprules98, and myself mentioned in this thread. I have [sort of] integrated the HA figures into my Alt/Bt collection.

If you're looking for "Masterpiece" style figures just for that alone, then I'd say get them. If you're wanting "movie accurate" figures to go with your leader Prime, then I'd recommend the deluxes. I hope that helps :) 

12. Kalel

Kalel C-Mac

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    are u selling yours? i'd be interested

13. Warbot Defender

Warbot Defender Banned

Yes, I am. I'll PM you the link.

14. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In YOUR opinion.
    Not to say everyone has to go en-route with the majority, but at least since it's not even contraversial to say that BB is awesome and SS is pure dog manure (At least in robot mode, IMO), then I'd at least sway one's opinions in a way that would let them make up their own minds.

To the OP: ~Take the above with a grain of salt.

Anyways, back on topic, lol. Human Alliances are amazing. Their quality, their accuracy, is awesome. First thing's first, they don't feel cheap. If you're willing to give it a try, go with Bumblebee, and then make your way to Skids, Barricade and the like. And if you wanna' push it, get Sideswipe. :D  :rolleyes: 

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Bumblebee and Barricade are awesome. Skids and Mudflap are great but not as good as the previous two. Avoid Sideswipe, it's complete garbage unless you want to keep it in alt mode.

16. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although I still wish the HA figures were a bit nicer (rubber tires, body paint- slightly more accurate car bodies- very close but Alternity and Alt/BT were closer). This is probably the nicest full line of ROTF toys out there.

The Twins and Baricade are with out question superior to their deluxe counterparts. It gets a bit murkier with BB and Sideswipe (depends who you ask). Personally I like HA Sideswipe much better than his deluxe counterpart (although it took some time working out how to pose him and I had some issues with him until that was solved). I personally think the Premium deluxe BB is superior to HA BB (and the gold Lawsons version as well)- but I do really like my HA BB.

Scale is a tricky question. I you really look closely at your deluxes, they're to small to be the same scale as buster prime. The HA on the other hand are a bit too big. I think the deluxes come closer, but Buster seems to fall pretty close to right in the middle between the two.

17. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    If you're only going to get one, get Barricade. Unlike HAmblebee, his handless weapon arm still kind of looks like a hand, is extremely kinetic, and the figure overall just rules.

You will need to do a little modification on his legs, but it's no biggie.

18. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Get them, especially Skids/Mudflap. Bumblebee is pretty fucking awesome too, Sideswipe is cool, but not as much so.

And how come I've never seen the Buster Prime/Jetfire 2-Pack? Is it site to store or whatever?

19. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I'm glad this thread is here, because I've been really iffy on getting HA figures. They look great, but they're ~$30 a pop new.

Incidentally...Prime/Jetfire combo pack? I think I missed that news...and it's good news, because I missed both the first time around and nobody has Jetfire in stock around here.

20. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

I love the HA line, all but Sideswipe. Although his Alt mode is quite nice, compared to the deluxe version.

BB and Barricade are the two best. Skids and Mudflap are nice too.

If you had to choose, get BB and Barricade for sure.