HA Sideswipe: Your Opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by generalblast, Aug 5, 2009.

1. generalblast

generalblast Well-Known Member

I just wanted to ask all of those who found Human Alliance Sideswipe and bought him, how is he? Is he a good toy to get from the Human Alliance toyline. Just asking for your opinions. Please comment on this.

Also, you can put your opinions for those who don't/ are planning/ are not getting Human Alliance Sideswipe. Thank you!

2. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    Wrong section

And I ain't getting him

The Deluxe looks way better

3. 2000lambovette

2000lambovette Missing 1984

I have not found him yet but I will buy this one becasue of the actual opening doors. I will post info when I do find him.

4. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think he looks a lil stubby *i don't have him*....but as soon as i see him...im 10000% getting him...and all other HA SETS!! they all look so much more detailed and unique to me

6. woolypanda

woolypanda Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have him. I really like the alt mode. He is a little stubby in the leg region but not as bad as the early pics showed. The backpack is also a bit excessive in the size department. However, in order to make the alt mode as realistic as it is, they had to keep the hood piece as one solid piece. Thus making the backpack a bit large due to the fact the hood can't fold up like the deluxe version can.

In other words...he's a lot like the Alternators. If you like Alternators (great alt mode, semi less impressive robot mode) then you'll love him.

7. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

He definitely looks better in person. Car mode is phenomenal...bot mod looks great if you can get past the back kibble (though I still generally prefer the body proportions of the deluxe version). Considering I don't tend to display figures backwards, I think he looks great up on the shelf.

8. montague78

montague78 For Cybertron!!

on that topic, question: ive seen some posts about how he cant bend at the knees. is this true?

9. Kowane

Kowane Member

His back kibble is... hard to manage around. However, if you love alt modes, HA sideswipe is definitely for you. Robot mode.. not so much.

10. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

yes he CAN bend at the knees.

11. Vampiros

Vampiros Well-Known Member

I have him and he's awsome in hand than what the picture made him look.

The back kibble is a fact but its not too bad. The internet photos mistransformed the doors. You can extend the door panels out and position it angled on the sides to form a v-wing panel. When you do that, the back kibble doesn't look like the whole car anymore! It even looks good in profile.

The paint job is phenominal. Mine is flawless but you can put a flat clear coat on it just so you won't scratch the awesome awsome silver finish. The only bad point to him was Epps.

He can bend his knees but its not really needed since its too high and the legs are bent to begin with.

12. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I think he looks really cool. I don't own him but, I plan to.

13. Vampiros

Vampiros Well-Known Member

He looks good as a posable toy. If you are a kid who wants to play with it then deluxe is perfect because HA SS is kinda tricky to transform because you might break some bits.

He's got enough articulation where you want him to have and he looks epic standing there looking awesome in the stands and quite a hefty figure when you held him in you hands.

14. maut1234

maut1234 Hero Class

Ebay:
    imo the human alliance series is pretty cool and one of the few that i will be collecting from ROTF

15. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    the alt mode is brilliant.. the transformation is interesting.. and the bot mode is quite good.. the only gripe i have with the figure is the large backpack, and nothing else.. and u get used to that, and it doesnt look that bad, really.. however, unlike bumblebee, i think the deluxe mode is the better figure out of the two.. so HA bumblebee is so far the best HA figure out of the two released, imo.. but HA sideswipe is a good figure, and i recommend it.. in addition to the deluxe, though

16. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    His vehicle mode is awesome.

Other than that, he kinda sucks.

17. rustyshark

rustyshark G1 FTW

i just decided to open mine up and mess with him. his car mode is great, the lambo doors are really cool. i had high hopes for him. but..... hes really tricky to transform first off. the hardest part is getting his back wheels/arms in and out. to be honest i didnt like his bot mode all that much. i really dislike his blades. i really like what they did on the deluxe figure 10 times better as far as his blades go. the backpack is huge and normally i dont mind that but considering what they did with the deluxe figure they could have did alot better on that. um. he is really hard to keep standing but i will mess with that more later. ill put it to you like this once i had him in bot mode, i couldnt wait to get him back in car mode. thats how i will prolly display him. his car mode is outstanding even the bottom kibble is really good. looking at his car mode u wouldnt be able to really tell he is a transformer.

18. OptimistPrime

OptimistPrime Certified Optimist

News Credits:
    Doesn't really matter though, because the backpack and design of the feet limit the poses that allow him to balance and stand correctly.

19. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    Fat thighs and arms = no buy for me.

20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Great toy, not as good as Bumblebee, but still worth getting. Ankle articulation and less restrictive ruber thigh tubes would have helped immensely.