HA Sideswipe worth getting?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Sep 21, 2009.

?

Is Human Alliance Sideswipe worth getting?

1. Yes, buy it.

29 vote(s)
    61.7%
  2. No, stick with Deluxe.

18 vote(s)
    38.3%
  1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Is Human Alliance Sideswipe worth getting? Because it has no lines at the front or the sides, but it's bigger like voyager size and expensive.

2. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have both versions and I like the deluxe version much better. HA Sideswipe looks great in car mode though.

3. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    Same here, I have both.

But HA Sideswipe is awesome.

But if you don't like him, don't get him.

The backpack is okay, but you have alot of joints so you can find something to suit your purpose.

4. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hell yes. I just opened mines tongiht. It's amazing toy and worth the $29.99 retail price in my eyes. I love the blade and the two shoulder cannons.

5. Nightwing24

Nightwing24 00 Agent

News Credits:
    meh the alt mode is nice but the bot mode leaves alot to be desired. His legs aren't very poseable, the huge backpack and the gaps in his forarms make it looks like crap next to the deluxe. I'de say wait for a sale. He's worth $20 max don't make the same mistake I did paying full price.

6. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I paid $50 shipped for mine from BBTS so my expectations were probably a bit high.

7. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i love mine, unlike the deluxe he can stand, and after i got some repro leg parts, hes super poseable

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    get both, deluxe has the best robot mode, but HA's car mode is teh sex

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I'm returning mine tomorrow. I bought him when he was considered rare, but just never opened him. Now he's everywhere. I'd rather have my $30 bucks back.

10. DecepticnMeistr

DecepticnMeistr Decepticon

HA Sideswipe is a little back-heavy because his back pack is so big.

11. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to me. Passed on him several times already. I had high expectations cause HA BB was like almost perfect, but I don't better faetures than the Deluxe one. So I'll get him if I find him on the cheap. Won't pay $29.99.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    In my honest opinion, no, and stick with the Deluxe. HA Sideswipe has a great alt-mode, but that's it. His bot-mode suffers greatly, imo. Just way too much back-pack for one bot. A model car of the concept car he's based on would be better.

13. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I like him. He has his flaws, but the backpack doesn't bug me as much as it used to. I have him in a nice stable pose, and don't really play with my Transformers, so he works for me as a display piece. If you need to play with them a lot, I would probably stick with the deluxe, cause he is a pretty damn stable figure. I sure am glad I am not a kid anymore, cause a lot of these ROTF figures just don't seem to have much play value. Bought my buddy's kid Mudflap and that thing is a big mess pile already.

14. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'd say it is completely passable (and a total shelfwarmer at my Target...actually both HA figures are). The only thing it has going for it is the alt mode. Bot mode is completely lame compared to the deluxe. Big ass backpack, lame swords, and a terribad Epps figure. Skip him.

15. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I love HA sideswipe. I think he's much better in person than the pictures. Deluxe SS is great too, I think I like em equally.

16. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Of it depends on how much you like the character. I really like this guy so I really like the toy. Both modes are very successful. There's no rush to get him, however, because I'm sure he'll be around for awhile. But, if for some reason you don't have the deluxe, get both! (Note: I have switched the waist joints with custom ones made by board member savio-prime thus the increased posability.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a decent figure, so definitely worth it if you've got the money. I wouldn't go out of my way looking for it, though.

18. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

its not too bad. after watching reviews i was a bit iffy, but once u see it in person its not too bad. the back-pack is not too annoying. like everyone else said, if you can get both go for it. i have both and both are special in their own ways. the plus side is having eccks around. i have stratoshpere holding sam and eccks like he's about to eat them both. :D 

19. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Allow me to be the devil's advocate...

If you do not mind doing a little mod ala cutting the rubber pistons on his thighs and the look of the car-back-pack, he is really a good figure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, the vehicle mode is sex.
    [​IMG]

Eeps, unfortunately is pretty rubbish
    [​IMG]

20. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    If you like Alternators, or have a lot of them, I would recommend him, because he fits in with them surprisingly well. Or if you just like that scale.

But otherwise? The Deluxe fits in better with the other movie toys, and if you're just looking for a good representation of Sideswipe, he's probably the better choice.

Don't get me wrong, I love HA Sideswipe, and I can easily look past his flaws (Considering there are Alternators considerably more hampered than him), but those who like him will likely like the Deluxe too, and those that don't... well a Deluxe-priced mistake is easier to swallow than a HA priced mistake.

But for those who like modding, Human Alliance are such fertile ground for it that, for them, I would recommend HA Sideswipe all the way.