HA bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by super mecha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. super mecha

super mecha Well-Known Member

I just got the figure recently, might return it or exchange it seeing as how i almost broke it. Its a very good figure but i have some problems with it. First of all, the front grills never stay on. The right side is fine but the left is just pissing me off.

The next thing is the part where you have to pull the front torso down. Before i figured how to do it proberly, i would sort of just wildly pull at it. Guess what happened. I sort of semi bent it to the piont where you can see white stuff.

To top it all of, the figure cost 50 dollars here in Canada. Also i do't have all of the original packaging. I could try to exchange it and if they don't let me i could just buy another one and put the old BB in place of the new BB. and then return it seeing as they have all of the packaging now.

I want to hear from you guys on wether i should go through the hassle of getting another one or not.

2. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    This should be good... :popcorn 

3. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FAIL!

4. LipSmack

LipSmack New Member

So your the guy,

5. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Sounds like a good old QC issue, I don't have a single problem with my front grills, I think you just got a bad one, I say buy a new put the old one in the box and return it saying its deffective

6. super mecha

The instructions are really bad as well. you can only go so far with one sided pictures

7. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

The grill pieces have been known to be a problem from the beginning. But if you tighten the screws it really helps. Never try to force something to the point where you almost break it, it shouldn't be that hard. Swapping to return always = EPIC FAIL, but doing it because of something you did is even worse. I still have never seen these over priced HA's people speak of here in Canada. Picked mine up for $38 and some cents at Walmart. Haven't ever seen it for $50 anywhere. I had no problem following the instructions.

8. super mecha

i tried tightening the screws, both screws. the one attached to the spring and the one that has held it in

9. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    For all us non-Walmart shoppers, they're $50 @ TRU. Not sure how much they are at Zellers since I haven't had a chance to check yet.

10. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Well then maybe your grill pieces are defective, but you still damaged the item and made stress marks on it, so I would not try repacking and returning it. Then you're making it worse for whoever else ends up buying it.

I haven't seen them at TRU yet, so that could explain why I haven't seen them for $50

11. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i had a bit of trouble with the grill pieces myself.. but u just pull em put, twist them right and push em back, and they DO stay in..

12. prime0850

prime0850 Member

hm. I've noticed the same thing about the left grill on mine, seems to pop back into place if im not careful. He remains in a pose mostly, so its not a big deal but if you were someone who played with him allot it would suck.

As a general rule when transforming I tell myself never to press very hard on my bots.. these are designed for kids after all.

13. super mecha

if i did repackage it then i would just say is was defective and didn't work instead of letting them put it right back on the shelf

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    from his post, where he admitted that he just "wildly pulled at it" to transform it. I dont think anything wrong on his figure can be attributed to bad QC.

15. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    I got my HA BB a while ago... still as awesome.. got it for $39 @ WalMart.

16. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got a couple that seem to require that type of force. Most notably my BT Prime. There are several pieces (not just one) that require more force than i can figure out how to give without pressing on other parts that clearly are fragile. (It always takes me forever to transform him because of this, not because he's that complicated)

But yeah, generally if you're pushing that hard, your doing something wrong and should at the very least look at the directions closely again.

17. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    The grills can be a pain in the ass, but I haven't had a problem with them at all. When I first got him they kept popping in on me, but like each Transformer I get I just learn what each piece does and from there out everything is cool.

18. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

this. Sounds more like user error.

Mine is fine, and the way this TF is designed, instructions really werent needed. Really kind of a basic transformation, considering the complexity of some of the other ROTF figures. Also, why would someone willingly spend $50+ for a figure thats at full market saturation, when the same figure can be purchased at another retailer for alot less? For me, my money and my passion for TFs is too important to think that boycotting one mass-market 'made in China' box store, in favor of another, is going to make any more of a difference beyond me paying too much for something. -- I know thats kinda off topic, but it was brought up earlier in the thread.