HA Bumblebee vs Leader Class Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Matty, Jul 7, 2009.

?

Human Alliance Bumblebee vs Leader Class Optimus Prime

1. HA Bumblebee

25 vote(s)
    32.5%
  2. LC Optimus Prime

50 vote(s)
    64.9%
  3. Other

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    These two figures may very well be the best figures released up to this date from ROTF toyline. Simply put, which one is better: Human Alliance Bumblebee or Leader class Optimus Prime?

Or is there another figure that tops these two?

Opinions please!

2. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i like bee better...both are totally awsome but for the detailing and lil sam....i have to go with bee..............but thats just me....

3. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    Optimus is more accurate from head to toe. BB is sort of accurate from waist up.

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I'll go with Prime, although they both have many pluses and a few minuses. If Prime had a little better paint job and removable swords, I personally think it would be Prime by a mile. The more I look at my BB, I am not a fan of the legs, and the damn cannon arm. Still a great figure and worth owning, but why must we always get a cannon?

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll go with "Other", since there are a lot of RotF figures that I think are superior to Leader Prime, such as Sideswipe, Demolishor and Voyager Megatron. HA BB, I can't comment on since I have no interest in the HA subline.

6. SimonMK

SimonMK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find the HA Bumblebee ugly and they cost 50$ in Canada. I prefer the over-used deluxe mold.

7. SPECTER

SPECTER Well-Known Member

Bee, to me has all the detail of Prime but also has a great gimmick.

Prime Cons: Swords, some dull paint areas.
    Bee Cons: Seat arm guards a tad big, legs not accurate(easy fix), cannon hand(easy fix)

For me Bee wins I have 2 of both, 1alt 1bot, and it was easy to fix Bee's legs and give him a second hand. but it was a close one better paint or guns Prime wins.

8. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

For me HA Bumblebee is the clear winner as it doesn't have all that drab looking grey plastic like Leader Prime.

9. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Kind hard to decide
    Leader Prime is very accurate but has dull paint apps and non-removable swords. While HA Bumblebee isn't very accurate but fits in with Alternators and has a Sam figure to ride with him.

10. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    I got it for $39 at Walmart.

11. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I vote Prime, though both are quite sweet. Prime just seemes to be a little bit more accurate. It's kinda hard to say though cos they're both great.

Really? $50? I got mine for $40 at Wal-Mart in Saskatchewan. Think it was $38 and some cents before taxes.

12. SimonMK

SimonMK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know they are 49,99$ in Zellers, I might check them in Wal-Mart.

13. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got to go with Prime.

Both could use a better paint job (which we just might get with this up coming buster Prime- fingers crossed), but if Prime had the paint job he'd pretty much be a masterpiece figure.

BB is very nice as well (and after weeks of staring at mine I've finally decided I love it)- but it juggles back and forth between fantastic details and sloppy details more in line with a FAB. The car is not quite as detailed and nice as a real alternator. It looks downright out of place next to my BT cars. A good full body yellow paint job would help quite a bit, but still wouldn't quite put it over.

14. Big_Truk_Convoy

Big_Truk_Convoy Transforming is the gimik

HA BB barely squeaks by with more playability. His range of motion is slightly better than Primes, his transformation is very balanced and he interacts with his pack in buddy very nicely. Prime on the other hand is very detailed, his tranformation is incredibly involved, he has the option to combine with another bot and is one of the most movie accurate toys out there not counting robot replicas. Prime has flip out blades and Peter Cullens voice, Bumblebee has spring loaded projectiles and Sam.

I'm very torn between the two. I don't know if I can vote out one or the other!

Edit: I chose Prime. Pretty tough to choose though. Prime is nearly a Masterpiece level figure but with the playability of a main line figure. It doesn't get much better than that.

15. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like both, but Prime is the overall better figure. Fun transformation, good articulation, just a slightly better figure, IMO.

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime for me too...I can't wait for the upcoming TakaraTomy's Buster Prime! :D 

17. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Gotta go with Prime. I skipped the '07 one, mostly because I have too many Primes already. But this one just kept looking better and better the more I saw him--and then I saw the movie and was sold. This one is just a solid figure, and while I was getting Jetfire anyway, I'm rather excited about having this one to actually go with him now.

HA 'Bee is a pretty cool figure too, but I'm more excited about the line itself than this particular guy. I'm mostly looking forward to Barricade. MAYBE Skids, if his right arm isn't the usual oversized look. (In which case I'll but hacking off that ugly mug of his and replacing it. Heheheh!)

Er....so, yeah. LC Prime, for sure. :D 

18. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are both great figures but I would pic HA Bumblebee over leader Prime. Glad I don't have to choose though becasue I would constantly second guess it.

19. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't own BB, but am thinking about picking one up.

Leader Prime, imo is sort of weak. His transformation is a hassle, not Hard, just annoying, the lack of paint oon the majority of the body is a little annoying, and I find his range of movement constricted by his Swords. Unless they're out, those arms aren't moving much. Although he is big, intimidating and impressive looking in both modes, to me he doesn't hold much weight in terms of playability.

20. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

optimus