HA bumble bee

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MasterDeath, Jul 18, 2011.

1. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

Hi guys, not been getting many transformers these days, but been getting a few older ones as bargains (leader star scream, VERY cool) and the odd re-paint or two of stuff I haven't got allready.

I bought HA stealth bumble bee (such a sweeeeeeeeeet mold) and was wondering..... why did hasbro take a picture of the fig misconstructed and used it for the box pic at the back?

Now I know sometimes things differ (like why have blue missiles on box with caption "launching plasma pulse!" and then go and make the missiles in gray??) usually colours really, but in this case... they really messed up.

Is this an isolated case? can't say I've not noticed any other transformers with things put on the wrong way on the box....

very strange. I also find myself asking, why aren't the seats hinged instead of sticking out, and why only one hand?? but then I remember it is made by hasbro.... lol.

2. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Hasbro always uses messed up shots on packaging usually just mistransformations. I cannot recall any examples right off the top of my head though.

3. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Are you refering to the legs? If the wheels on yours are on the insides, then yours is misconstructed. The wheels should be on the outside.

4. OCProwl

OCProwl Electrobot

News Credits:
  5. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

Nope, the instructions have the wheels on the inside, as well as the original yellow colour one in the tf database on tformers.

A guy is selling a modded one on ebay with the wheels as on the box. He says in the auction that it makes it harder to transform.

So taking that into account, My theory is that Hasbro deliberately switched legs around so it would be easier to transform. I may do the mod, but if there's cutting or pin removal involved; I can't be bothered to mess around.

6. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    No cutting or pins, don't worry.

7. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Theres slightly more steps to the transformation, but its more accurate to the CG model and the original prototype was shown with the wheels on the outside. They switched it up before release and it seems never bothered to change it back. No idea why its got the wheels on the outside in the DOTM box yet the toy is still switched up.

8. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

I did the mod, took less than a min! looks really nice now. Still got the gap between the back set of windows though which seems to have increased by a mm. Still though the gap is equal on both sides so.....

9. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

here are the gaps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]