HA Basics

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    or whatever the new size of HA figures are called. I've been thinking about these new, smaller, Human Alliance figures, and decided to come up with a rough size-comparison to the HA Bumblebee figure. Using the human figures themselves to scale the recent image of the buggy-bot, this is what I've come up with:

[​IMG]

Looks about right to me, but I could be off by a bit in either direction.

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with this new size class. Especially with the very GI-Joe-like alt-modes we've seen so far. Some sort of boat would be cool, imo.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I think that with the right colors, and a new head, the buggy-bot above could make for a good Classics Beachcomber.

Attached Files:

2. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thanks for doing this...and i think your pretty close... at least to me they look correct, and this is the only part of dotm line im really looking forward too :) 

3. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Its look more like "HA, basics.....

4. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Looks like a good scale for them.

5. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Buggy's Bot mode is awesome, his Throne/toilet third mode is not . . .

6. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I reckon they'll probably work out similar in size to deluxe class. They've already been listed at the same price-point.

I was going to avoid this line, but I may cherry-pick some of the better figures. I might get that buggy guy just for the toilet-throne.

7. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have any HA figures but the most recent pics I've seem makes them seem somewhere between a deluxe and a scout. I'm excited by these guys more than anything else I've seen.

8. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Yea, theyll be around 10-12 bucks a pack...

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'm looking forward to these smaller HAs myself. That buggy looks great

These don't look deluxe sized...plus The PCC 2-packs are deluxe priced too, and those are definitely Scout sized.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    No problem. I'm actually kinda surprised that someone hadn't done something like this already.

This. Though size-wise, while I don't own any of the HA figures, I think these "Basics" will be somewhere between the size of they typical Scout class figure and the typical Deluxe class figure. Combine that with the human figure, and you have a set that will probably sell for around the price of a Deluxe class figure.

11. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I don't see how people are getting this... have any pics of HA Bumblebee standing next to a standing human figure and some standing scouts/deluxes to then scale against the HA "Basic"?

The photo you do have makes it look to me like it's at least a deluxe, possibly a bit bulkier even.

I'd have to peg a set as at least $15 (~$12 for a deluxe + ~$3 for the human)... possibly $20 if the bot does have a bit more bulk than a deluxe.

Hey, $10 is the cost of a PCC 2-pack and the human's going to cost more than the minicon, and I'd think the bot will be bigger than a PCC commander as well...

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm going off of the pictures we have of the buggy-bot next to three Deluxe-class figures (the green "wrecker", starscream, and the "dread"). Assuming they are approximately average-sized for Deluxe-class figures, the buggy-bot looks to be about the size of a small Deluxe-class figure. I would say that, at most, they might go for $15, which is a reasonable price, imo.

Edit: Here's the better of the two pictures I'm referencing.

[​IMG]

Also, here's a picture I found of HA Bumblebee next to Deluxe Bumblebee.

[​IMG]

Edit2: Here's a new size-comparison. This time using the picture of both HA and Deluxe Bumblebee. Seems on-par with my first one.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    The Basic toy does look like he is bulky enough to be a deluxe toy. It is hard to fit figures inside a scout sized toy.

14. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Ah, hadn't seen that with the other deluxes. Ya, I guess $12-$15 then. $12 to make them the same pricepoint as a deluxe with the human replacing the bulk of the 'mechtech' weapons... because the buggy dude's actually holding Starscream's stuff, right?

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I don't think anybody thinks they are Scout class figures anymore. The whole thing with the helicopter-bot is that the style of helicopter can be referred to as a "scout". However they aren't exactly normal-sized Deluxe's either. They're kind of in-between the two size classes, leaning a little more towards the Deluxe side of things.

Yep. Only figure there that's actually holding it's own weapon is the Dread, lol, and even then it's also holding the Wrecker's weapon.

I'm wandering what the packaging for these figures is going to be like. I imagine the packaging for the bigger figures will remain roughly the same, but with the DotM styling to them. I'm thinking these basics might get packaging kinda like the PCC 2-packs, where the figure is in bot-mode, and the human figure is standing to their side. Although a smaller version of the bigger HA figure packaging wouldn't surprise me either.