Heavy/Scratch: Guzzle IDW/LSOTW - W.I.P.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Joey_Santana, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Guzzle IDW/LSOTW - W.I.P. and a special guest on pg.3

'Sup dudes!

I'ts been a while since I finished LSOTW Impactor and now it's time to try making something new.

Since I put my eyes on DOTM Thunderhead figure I felt that I could make something quite similar to IDW/LSOTW Guzzle and

then I bought this mint mould and he's already ready for the surgery.

Basically IDW's altmode is some sort of four-legged-beetle-tank like thing and I think I can emulate something like that

from Thunderhead's mould.

Well, Let's see what pops up in the end. :) 

That's my start:

Updating 06/13/11 - Showders and crotch. And still a lot to be done...

The last update: 06/18/11

The head.
    I've found a good piece to make his head: RID Wedge. Fits perfectly and needs no adjustments.
    Just got some styrene work done and tomorrow I will apply some putty and sanding all over before painting.

The whole body is already done and the altmode looks freaking killer and I'll be jumping to the next and last step that I hate to the most: Painting.

Damn I wish they have had first released the green version of this mould instead.

I'll probably keep the rub spots (joints) orange as is for I don't wanna ruin it all during the transformations. All the rest shall be painted accordingly.

I'm not sure if his face is black or deep blue, hints anyone???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

06/30/11 - Waiting for my paints to get the work done.

Hi folks, this is not exactely an update this time, but I was finishing up with this guy and right in the middle of the whole process I started another custom which is in fact pretty much done, but still missing one importante part which I don't have...Damn!
    Those who recognize the dark silhouette beside Guzzle's silhouete will recognize him, but I'll post him in a new thread once I have this important missing part. (Actually everyone will be able recognize it...duh...lol)

Some who recognize him might say "What? This is a rare figure! Why in the hell did you do that?", but some will bring me some redemption by understanding that it is all about getting my LSOTW collection complete. Actually his final customized form is much superior than the bricky original G1 shape.

Well, there it goes, that's all I have for now untill I receive my new paints to finish up Guzzle.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    ok this could be awesome.. could you pls post a pic next to a classics figure? thnx :D 

3. mstyger87

mstyger87 mastercon

will keep my eyes on this one but it looks aces at the moment man, looking forward to it

4. Koldstone

Koldstone Active Member

I like it. Giving me an idea about a diffent mould to use for him, but nice. (Now for me to find what I need to make my own)

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    That is a stroke of genius. It's a perfect match! Can't wait to see how this turns out!

6. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    I hope you can do something with this mold. I was sorely disappointed with this toy, I brought it back. I think there might be too many things wrong with it for you to be able to do a good job of it, but I wish you all the luck.

7. CommanderPrime

CommanderPrime Autobot

News Credits:
    That mould is Perfect for Guzzle. I might have to do something with Thunderhead to Guzzle myself.

8. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    its a great choice for guzzles vehicle mode. but that seems about it.
    the arms look too long and make it look a little weird. but if you use some putty or styrene, im sure you can bulk him up and make him fit with your other wreckers

iv been working on a guzzle myself. but mine uses the hulk mold. way big for guzzle but i like it

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    That is PERFECT. I always thought his alt. mode was just a blocky tank (I only have the LSoTW TPB, which only includes profiles for Overlord and Snare, so I have no clue what the others alt. modes look like really:lol ), but now that I see him compared with Thunderhead...wow. And I thought cyberverse Guzzle looked close enough!

10. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Really awesome job so far. I don't think I've ever gotten such good results from bending styrene

11. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I like this idea, another great alternative to Guzzle.

12. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    This is going to be good

13. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Oh sweet! This is an awesome idea! I can't believe I didn't see the resemblance before myself. Great work so far. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread.

14. leobreaker1977

leobreaker1977 Well-Known Member

joey ya gotta get outta my head! lmao, I saw guzzle when I looked at this mold too

15. JAnGoThaKing

JAnGoThaKing Wrecker

great start

16. scottie_bee

scottie_bee Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    yeah man great idea! A great mold for Guzzle, keep going

17. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Really nice concept, the work looks good so far! I might have to try this since he would scale nicely with the Whirl I just did! I'll be keeping an eye out for updates!

18. Joey_Santana

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Though the resemblance is not exactly a deadringer, I think this mould is something to think about. Thanks.

Dude, I can't get you this pic right now, but I assure you that he is pretty much scout class sized, next update I'll try to take some group shots. Thanks.

Thanks, I'm trying to make it as accurate as I can with the parts and tools available. Keep tuned bro!

Don't you forget that the Guzzle HA DOTM figure will be released soon and also the Igear version in the future.
    I'm just very stubborn, that's why I'm making this one. LOL

Thanks man I will not disapoint you.

I agree, though he's a versatile toy he's quite a lot limited on arms articulation and also chest and head are just horrible.
    It is a good toy to customize though. I don't collect movieverse toys, I just picked this one up for my bashing delusions. lol

Good luck man, hope my version brings you some light.

Agreed abou the long arms, take a look on my today update. Still working on arms though and maybe I change 'em.
    Hulk's mould can be used for a plenty of customs, unlimited ideas man, not my kind of stuff though. Good luck bashing it!

It's a shame they didn't release the profile of every character of the mini series. That would be just awesome. Thanks for your comments. More to come soon.

Actually I've mistaken about the plastic material I'm using that ain't no styrene at all. I'm using PVC and it is very bendable. Thanks mate.

19. Joey_Santana

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks, I hope it turns out just the way I'm thinking it.

Well I hope. Thanks bro.

Thanks, be tuned bro.

Sorry man, I'm a mindfreak by nature. lol
    I'm glad we shared the same visions, thanks!

Thanks, more to come soon.

Cheers bro, hope finishing it up soon.

Thanks! Your Whirl is scout sized too right? If yes, they have the same size.
    If you don't mind about IDW crazy scale patterns it's ok. In IDW universe Whril is sort of a bulky Voyager sized guy. For lack of good better options I used a K.O. Energon Sprung mould to get my Whirl done, and It looks pretty good.

Updates: 06/14/11 - Showders and crotch...and hell... a lot yet to be done.

Attached Files:

20. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I like. :thumb 

Btw, are you going to give him a longer cannon? It's just not IDW Guzzle without it. :D