Guy's....should I buy Galvatron or not?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Urlacher5454, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Urlacher5454

Urlacher5454 Well-Known Member

Ok I'm torn between buying the purple anime addition Galvatron or waiting and hopefully getting a more accurate version of him either in a classics or titanium line. Should I wait or not. I didn't really like it before but the anime version is growing on me a little bit. Would you guys get him or wait? If you have him how do you like him?

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    If you want an accurate Galvatron I'd just dig up the Energon figure, it's not a cannon but it's as close as they've come so far. But if you're talking completely G1-based, don't hold your breath on a Classics or Titanium getting a transforming G1 Galvatron. The character was on Hasbro's infamous short list of G1 characters they wanted to do in Classics, but the line's pretty much over for now. The rumor right now is after the movie's run this summer and fall, Hasbro plans to market movie-based and G1-based toylines side by side since both are profitable, meaning Classics might come back, but that won't be for a while. If you can't wait that long, go ahead and get the anime reissue.

The more pressing issue might not even be if you're willing to wait that long. Think of it this way, if you do wait until at least winter and Classics aren't back, or there's no announcement of a G1-esque Galvatron toy, how hard will it be to find the purple reissue and how much more expensive will it be if it gets rarer?

3. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's gonna be tough to find a more accurate version of Galvatron than the anime colored purple version.

4. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Buy it man! Im always TornBetween!

5. Urlacher5454

That's what I have started to think too. I'd like to get some of the members reviews on him before I pick him up. I can get him for less than $70 at TFSource.

6. AMG

AMG Old School

I would definitely buy him now if you like him. No sense in waiting for an unlikely figure to come out while holding off on one that actually exists.

7. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Get it. Don't think he's awesome? Look at my dig!

8. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I say get it! I'm planning on getting one, it's next on my list. Would have had one by now if I didn't decide on getting Masterpiece Megatron first.

9. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

If you're iffy on buying something don't buy it. You'll just be substituting what you really want for something that you'll throw aside as soon as you get it.

10. Urlacher5454

I can't blame you for making that choice. Megatron looks amazing.

11. Urlacher5454

He wouldn't get tossed aside. He'd stand right next to masterpiece Prime and my hopes would be that those two get along :lol 

12. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Back when he first came out, I was so anti-purple Galvy. I HAD to have the same exact one I had as a kid (see him in my sig!). Funds being what they were, I bought the purple instead, for fear of not getting one at all...anyhoo, long story short, I LOVE him now. I made the right choice. It just looks like he was always that color to me now. I don't think you would regret it if you got the purple one.

13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    1. Get him.

2. Remove his crown.

3. Rotate crown 90 degrees

4. Put crown back on.

5. Post pics on the internet so everyone can see how much better he looks.

[​IMG]

14. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    If you are not sure, don't get him.

15. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never knew the crown was removable. Does it easily come off, or is it glued on or something?

16. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    It took a little prying, but it came off without too much trouble.

17. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The only reason I havent bought Purple Galvy yet is because the cheapest I've seen him available to the UK is £60 (at retail/off ebay + p&p)
    I wouldve just got a complete G1 Galvy by now, but I really dont like the toy colour scheme.

18. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I am a stickler for show accuracy in my G1 collection. So much so, that when I get a reissue or Reprolabels, I find screen grabs and apply the stickers that they would have had on the show. Having said that, I went with purple Galvatron and really like him. All his labels are newly designed and show accurate, surprisingly. I assume the other version, besides the extra gold leaf detail stickers, comes with the original toy stickers. By assume, I mean that's what I remember reading before when they were released. Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.
    :EDIT:
    It seems I didn't actually say much but go off on my own tangent. I say get him. If you're not so driven for the G1 version, The Energon version is a fantastic figure too as others have said.

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For a G1 fan, this galvatron is a must have...especially since he's "anime accurate"! :D 

20. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

It's obvious you want *a* Galvatron, that's certainly clear. So seeing as this is the *only* Galvatron really available at the moment I say get him. There's no telling how long it will be before they stop selling him in shops and the price skyrockets. And there's no gaurentee that a more accurate version will ever get released. However if there is a Titanium or Classics Galvatron down the road, you can get them while they're new and pay no more then 20 bucks retail for them. So you're not really losing anything by getting this one as it will *still* be the original G1 Galvatron, and that's always cool to have.